Nothing will ever change

Regardless of manager/ head coach, nothing will change until Chansiri sells up

The vote of no confidence started with the attendance in the City cup game

More fans see the underlying issue

Season tickets will drop at a HUGE rate 

Chairman, please sell up

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You feel it's coming to a head - even if we get off without a points deduction, we need a new start/plan/focus. I don't believe DC has the interest/energy/will to see this through.

For this reason, I think it would be best for all sides that he cuts his losses and sells in the Summer.

8 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Regardless of manager/ head coach, nothing will change until Chansiri sells up

The vote of no confidence started with the attendance in the City cup game

More fans see the underlying issue

Season tickets will drop at a HUGE rate 

Chairman, please sell up

*have already

There are a load of problems here though. What is the exact nature of the administration and financing of those in charge of the club (ie. the entanglement with Doyen/Paixio)? How likely is it that Chansiri would be prepared to walk away from the huge losses he's made? What will be the status of the stadium ownership? Who is going to find this horrendous situation an attractive proposition to take on?

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

There are a load of problems here though. What is the exact nature of the administration and financing of those in charge of the club (ie. the entanglement with Doyen/Paixio)? How likely is it that Chansiri would be prepared to walk away from the huge losses he's made? What will be the status of the stadium ownership? Who is going to find this horrendous situation an attractive proposition to take on?

Geoff Sheard 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

*have already

I’m working to the final renewal deadline, but ultimately the majority will have been captured within the early bird, those numbers will be significant as you say 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

but they are queueing up, Chansiri said so himself 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Bravado and face saving? It's hardly uncommon for people in football to be disingenuous.

It just doesn't seem very realistic to me to expect a change in ownership any time soon without Chansiri accepting a loss of tens of millions or someone taking an enormous gamble on what could take a lot of time and finance before it gets anywhere near tangible reward.

5 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

I’m working to the final renewal deadline, but ultimately the majority will have been captured within the early bird, those numbers will be significant as you say 

Aye, he also said that ffp/P & S wasn't an issue because "we have friends" and that last year's squad was better than them down the road that are now vying for European qualification whilst the grim reality of the Checkatrade Trophy awaits us. What a holy mess. 

10 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

If the funding is not solely DC then the fans need to know - DC needs to make a decision about his long-term vision and future, as it's likely to be 3 years before we are ready to really challenge for promotion considering the shocking position we are in, and the outgoings this Summer. Is he/Doyen prepared to fund more debt to achieve this - I doubt it as the rewards are so far away it's not attractive.

DC is going to have to right off a significant amount of money to cut his loses. The stadium position is irreverent, as it will simply be transfer back to the new owner at the point of the sale. 

If I was him, I'd walk now rather than funding £15/year for the foreseeable future.

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Bravado and face saving? It's hardly uncommon for people in football to be disingenuous.

It just doesn't seem very realistic to me to expect a change in ownership any time soon without Chansiri accepting a loss of tens of millions or someone taking an enormous gamble on what could take a lot of time and finance before it gets anywhere near tangible reward.

I suspect any Chairman would talk his Club up - whether genuine or not.

I suspect he won’t be able to give us away - unless he covers ongoing liabilities for some time too.

Some of the liabilities may disappear this summer? High wages off the books?

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

I suspect any Chairman would talk his Club up - whether genuine or not.

I suspect he won’t be able to give us away - unless he covers ongoing liabilities for some time too.

Some of the liabilities may disappear this summer? High wages off the books?

Well hopefully the EFL judgement will lead to him moving on 

Either way

3 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Well hopefully the EFL judgement will lead to him moving on 

Either way

Personally I can only see it ending in disaster.

The “moving on” will be via Admin.

Hope I’m wrong, but the scenario has it written all over it.

Edited by ReadingOwl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

This is my main worry. God knows what kind of deal we have in place with this Paixao bloke. If he was here purely to advise on transfers he should have been sacked a good two years ago, because his record has been poor. Suggests to me there is more to it. 

1 hour ago, Animis said:

If the funding is not solely DC then the fans need to know - DC needs to make a decision about his long-term vision and future, as it's likely to be 3 years before we are ready to really challenge for promotion considering the shocking position we are in, and the outgoings this Summer. Is he/Doyen prepared to fund more debt to achieve this - I doubt it as the rewards are so far away it's not attractive.

DC is going to have to right off a significant amount of money to cut his loses. The stadium position is irreverent, as it will simply be transfer back to the new owner at the point of the sale. 

If I was him, I'd walk now rather than funding £15/year for the foreseeable future.

Given the fact we have only come close twice in the past few years on the back drop of 20 plus years of failure, can’t see us coming anywhere close anytime soon. Three years to challenge. Hmmm, think we will get relegated, DC will move on and we will have many more years of pain before somehow we come good. Once a big club but now going the same way as Coventry. Like the rest of you, am bored of waiting for a well run and progressive club.

Edited by airborne_rat_of_s6

My main worry is the ground. Could DC sell the club (name) but then attempt to ‘loan’ the ground back to that person... negotiating that could go very wrong. 

Selling the ground to outside of the club (even though it’s a fancy way of selling to himself) could leave us totally messed up - he could throw his toys out of the pram and we become a groundless club - like Coventry etc 

We will be in League One one way or another within the next season or two. 

I fear that our problems behind the scenes are now comparable (perhaps even worse) than those we faced in the late 90s and 00s. 

Frankly, I feel like a flipping fool for backing the man (vehemently at times) as much as did. 

Even so, I never thought it could get this bad. 

What is happening now goes way beyond spending a bit too much, or not compiling with FFP, this is a deep rooted, cultural problem within this football club and it is clearly coming down from the man at the very top. 

• Like 1

I’ve defended bits and bobs from him, but never thought he was the right man. 

All you have to do in hindsight is compile a list of positives and negatives whilst he’s been here. 

Let’s be honest - he walked in and charged £42 for a ticket vs Bristol City. We still had Jeremy Helan. 

It was a massive, clueless, fizz you all.