He has now mentioned a lack of desire, determination, strength of character....stop picking the same losers then! How did they have enough desire to be 3rd after half a season? Seems they have lost faith in his 1 dimensional approach, They aren't good enough but nor is he.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Call me old fashioned, but I don’t think that telling the majority of your playing staff that they have no future at the club beyond the end of this season, when there’s still a third of the season left, is a clever idea.

In fact, I’d say it is fecking stupid.

This problem has been created by not selling players on and rejuvenating the squad, if this happened we would be looking at one or two leaving in the Summer, the players who would be leaving may be unhappy but it would not have any adverse impact on the majority

now most of the squad collectively are leaving, they would know whether or not a new contract was in the offing, whether Monk said anything or not.This may have left most of the first team feeling bitter, maybe towards Monk or the Club or both.

All we can hope for is that we have just enough to see this through.

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Regarding Giddings' commentaries  - why the feck does he keep saying " also, too, as well"?  Does he not realise how stupid he sounds?

As far as the interview, he was at least giving Monk the chance to spill the beans about what's going on in the club.  Self preservation however dictates that Monk isn't going to say what the problems are.

Managers shouldn't have repetitive phrases.

As such.

Edited by Dronfield Blue
  • Haha 2

He says he knows what a successful dressing room looks like.

He must have watched one of those Pep documentaries as he has never been part of one in his managerial career.

• Haha 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

He says he knows what a successful dressing room looks like.

He must have watched one of those Pep documentaries as he has never been part of one in his managerial career.

Probably talking about the fecking decor, plus having a fridge, microwave, and kettle, with chocolate hobnobs at half time.

• Haha 1

Person who really needs interviewing and grilling is Chansiri but that won't happen. Feel a little sorry for Monk currently (not saying he's the right man for the job) but he's the only one who gets put in the firing line for interviews and when the players appear to have downed tools it can't be much fun being put in front of the media to explain it. He won't resign but he's probably wishing that DC would sack him so he can get away from this mess.

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

We where 3rd in the table when they where playing for us. Absolute crap from Monk to say things weren’t better with them in the team. 

never Monks fault have you noticed 

6 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Feel sorry for Monk

Players are purposely throwing games to get him the sack. They are a disgrace, worth lumping on owls to lose next week.

Wish we could sack the lot of them and play the u23 team. Never felt so let down by a bunch of players.

Look at the those that played today - who there is trying to throw games to get Monk the sack?

Cruz, Windass, Wickham? Well he brought those in so presumably  not.

Fletch? Monk has praised his attitude publicly so no.

Murphy? Player of the month. Seems to be a monk favourite 

Pelepessy? Monk keeps playing him above better players so its hard to see him having a problem with monk. Hes just not very good.

Fox? Has been an owlstalk favourite for his attitude so I guess not him.

Lees - very poor form but seems to be trying. Monk preferring him to other options.

Dawson- repeatedly played in front of a more talented keeper. So unlikely hes being bad on purpose.

Palmer, Bannan and Iorfa?? 

Please name names. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I remember when Carlos left and he gave the impression that he was going spill the beans. Most were saying it was just because he was losing the plot.

Wonder what he wanted to say. 

NDA? 

Edited by F. Spiksley
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, daleblue said:

This problem has been created by not selling players on and rejuvenating the squad, if this happened we would be looking at one or two leaving in the Summer, the players who would be leaving may be unhappy but it would not have any adverse impact on the majority

now most of the squad collectively are leaving, they would know whether or not a new contract was in the offing, whether Monk said anything or not.This may have left most of the first team feeling bitter, maybe towards Monk or the Club or both.

All we can hope for is that we have just enough to see this through.

I suspect this is a significant factor in what has been happening and does not require anyone being told anything. Lots of players are out of contract in the summer but only two or three of them seem to have been offered new ones or the possibility of one. The rest will have seen the writing on the wall regardless.

But there are obviously a lot of other issues such as the rumoured fall outs between manager and some players, the apparent indifference of the chairman, the impending penalty from the EFL and the lack of resources to improve the squad.

Ok If things are that bad behind the scenes, resign, that’s what any self respecting person would do.  Stop with the cryptic messages, innuendo, diversion tactics and resign.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, daleblue said:

" I'm speechless", "there's an underlying problem,"

also refer's to Westy and Hutch in that they weren't pulling up trees when they were in.

Seems lost.

This is a cop out... Hutchinson has been one of the better players all season and was the best player the last time he played against QPR. 

Problem is that he is under contract and is obviously not allowed to say what the problems are. We only know what we see on the pitch and know that the players are not giving their all. They can be very good when they want, they looked sound when on TV the other night. Monk has said many times that the players are not doing what they are told. May be this has left him with only a few players he can trust (These few may not be the best/ skilful) with the majority (He has to select 11 on the day) not bothered which pulls the whole team down

DC has to get this sorted, either sell the club or get rid of the advisors. Monk doesn't seem that he can have a say on the signings, much like the other managers except Bruce which seem to get his own way.

Radical chance have to take place if we are to survive.  Hope we don't get relegated, need a complete clear out. Hutch and Westy may still have an influence on the others in the team and creating bad feeling, if this is the case Monk does well to totally exclude them.

Its not about Player Power

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, S W F C said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4775842bba8fad7b0273095D-0F07-4040-B1BB-6A2567AB7F52.thumb.png.5d5409556f755aab602190e0fba804fa.png

That sounds like a resignation/dismissal response if ever?

No way you can backtrack on that.

Edited by F. Spiksley

The difference with this interview to previous ones is that he’s looking the interviewer in the eye. That means he is being honest.

I think he does care about our situation, and our supporters, just doesn’t know how to handle it when your senior pros down tools like a set of t055sers

• Like 1

Never felt as let down by our club as I do now.

In the past when it was this diabolical, we had no money.

To have spunked 150 million and be this bad is criminal.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Call me old fashioned, but I don’t think that telling the majority of your playing staff that they have no future at the club beyond the end of this season, when there’s still a third of the season left, is a clever idea.

In fact, I’d say it is fecking stupid.

He did it after 26 games I think once we’d lost 3 on the spin after Boxing Day. Thought at the time that was an obviously wrong move.. I mean last season Bruce kept saying decisions will be made on certain players at the end of the season and he still got performances out of the likes of Boyd and Matias before releasing them. It’s beyond me why he couldn’t pick Westwood and Hutchinson in the squads until the end of the season then make the decision then. It’s shocking man management

As for everyone blaming behind the scenes stuff.. I simply don’t care. It’s not ideal having a points deduction overhanging or having no leadership at boardroom level, of course it isn’t. But when you’re a football manager, in the short term you have a squad of players and a training pitch. You pick the team, tactics and formation.. we don’t have that many injuries so he’s free to choose whatever side he wants from the 25 or so players we have available.

Yet every week he makes the same obvious mistakes... picking poor or out of form players when better ones are sat at home by his decision. Or other players come in for a cup game and put in a good performance yet get dropped straight back out again. The tactics are boring and the formations inconsistent. Yet with him it’s never anything he’s done.. it’s always someone else’s fault. Every week it’s the same excuses about players not doing what he wants. He never once says I got it wrong today in terms of selection or tactics it’s always the players. He’s got a massive ego that’s why... if I was a player in that dressing room I wouldn’t be playing for him either 

We’ve picked up 9 points from 14 games and you’re not telling me this isn’t the managers fault in spite of other issues. Someone else would pick up more points just by doing the basics better like picking your best players and selecting ones that are in form, and having a style and identity to your play with a consistent formation.  He simply has to go. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I remember when Carlos left and he gave the impression that he was going spill the beans. Most were saying it was just because he was losing the plot.

Wonder what he wanted to say. 

DC is clueless and the players are a bunch of spineless journeymen on their last pay cheque

• Like 1