Coronavirus could cripple EFL clubs

Reading yesterday that it would only take a couple of players at one club to catch it to cause big disruption to that league it is in. 

It would mean every player self isolating for a fortnight meaning 3 or 4 postponements. 

Might also affect a club they've just played in a previous game meaning more disruption. 

13 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

how is it irrelevant? Is it not true to say there will be a massive financial impact if clubs are forced to play behind closed doors?

yeah but who cares? What’s worst that happens?

20 hours ago, Morepork said:

I feel like we’re rapidly reaching a point where the virus is no longer containable, the elderly and people with medical conditions should exercise all the precautions they can take. The rest of us just need to get on with our lives because quite frankly the economies of the world can’t afford to stop for this. The truth of the matter is that the implications to people’s lives will be more widely felt through their jobs and wallets than through any long term risk to health.

What were the odds I'd wake up this morning with a sore throat and headache.......ffs

21 hours ago, Morepork said:

I feel like we’re rapidly reaching a point where the virus is no longer containable, the elderly and people with medical conditions should exercise all the precautions they can take. 

Youre on about the first team squad not getting stuck in aren’t you?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Too right - I spend all day and night worrying about a frozen solid castaway asylum seeker falling from the undercarriage of a passing jet and crushing me. Still hasn't happened funnily enough.

Next week mate, it's in the stars!

16 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Too right - I spend all day and night worrying about a frozen solid castaway asylum seeker falling from the undercarriage of a passing jet and crushing me. Still hasn't happened funnily enough.

The most comfort I've been able to take from reading OT in the last three years!! Knowing I'm not the only person to worry about this....... lol

8 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The most comfort I've been able to take from reading OT in the last three years!! Knowing I'm not the only person to worry about this....... lol

It's your turn the week after!  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Big increase over weekend across parts of Europe, 273 with virus in UK, death toll increased to 366 in Italy and big increases with virus in Germany and France. 

Italy already playing lots of games behind closed doors and in Germany there's calls for all sporting events attracting over 1,000 to be cancelled. 

Should find out tomorrow what plans are here in UK, some media reporting all Premier League games from next weekend to be played behind closed doors and all made available free to view on BT Sport's and Sky Sports. 

On 07/03/2020 at 08:35, Beholder said:

The containment efforts China have made will far outweigh ours.

You mean where China spent the better part of three weeks completely covering up the news which has allowed it to spread so far and wide, censoring any mention online, arresting a Doctor who tried to raise the alarm and threatening him (yeah he's the one who died of it aged 34), then shoving quarantined people into a badly constructed hotel which collapsed and killed at least a dozen people (and potentially spread the virus to first responders etc. etc.)

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

Big increase over weekend across parts of Europe, 273 with virus in UK, death toll increased to 366 in Italy and big increases with virus in Germany and France. 

Italy already playing lots of games behind closed doors and in Germany there's calls for all sporting events attracting over 1,000 to be cancelled. 

Should find out tomorrow what plans are here in UK, some media reporting all Premier League games from next weekend to be played behind closed doors and all made available free to view on BT Sport's and Sky Sports. 

bet our players would love games to be played behind closed doors. Wouldn’t have to listen to any stick they would get from fans for pathetic performances. 

52 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

bet our players would love games to be played behind closed doors. Wouldn’t have to listen to any stick they would get from fans for pathetic performances. 

The fans would too