Coronavirus could cripple EFL clubs

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

This could be a great time for the EFL to finally realise that loads of clubs are on the brink of oblivion and that the EFL as an organisation are useless at preventing it.

Its also typical of people to go into panic mode because of yet another doomsday virus

I bet most of them are amazed we’re all still here after the Y2K bug passed us by without incident 

As long as people remain uneducated governments will continue to exploit them

Speak for yourself mate, I seem to catch anything that's out there, 

So I've probably had that Y2K bug your on about. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fingyfop said:

If I was over 60 I would only go out very occasionally, e.g. for food shopping, but maybe do it when it will be quiet.

Very difficult for those still in work or needing outside help.

As a 65 year old with asthma triggered by colds, flu or similar viruses I'm unfortunately going to have to make that decision very soon.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Just shows yet again how insignificant we are and totally at the mercy of Mother Nature.

She has created a virus that COULD seriously hinder our daily lives and more. 

I'm in trouble now and will just have to bite my lips to some extent but this coronavirus outbreak is entirely brought about by man made issues. :sad:

4 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I'm in trouble now and will just have to bite my lips to some extent but this coronavirus outbreak is entirely brought about by man made issues. :sad:

Maybe in the way it has spread but it’s origin is not man made. Definitely man made issues have caused it to hop from wildlife to humans.

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Maybe in the way it has spread but it’s origin is not man made. Definitely man made issues have caused it to hop from wildlife to humans.

Or created the abhorent and needless situation in which that transfer could take place.

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

A person could be forgiven for thinking it is a solution to a very large population problem.    Taking away the burden of looking after an ever aging population, whilst giving future immunity to those who will inherit the world.   Very strange that children under 10 catch this bug but it does not appear to affect them at all.

What can I say, i'm a cynic.

Numbers seem low for the level of exposure in the media too.    An awful lot of scaremongering.

If this hits big in the coming months I hope my kids still have all four grandparents once it has passed - at least three out of four would be considered at risk of this virus.

Just now, Salmonbones said:

A person could be forgiven for thinking it is a solution to a very large population problem.    Taking away the burden of looking after an ever aging population, whilst giving future immunity to those who will inherit the world.   Very strange that children under 10 catch this bug but it does not appear to affect them at all.

What can I say, i'm a cynic.

Numbers seem low for the level of exposure in the media too.    An awful lot of scaremongering.

If this hits big in the coming months I hope my kids still have all four grandparents once it has passed - at least three out of four would be considered at risk of this virus.

I was alluding to the root cause of the outbreak. 

2 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

Surely the finances of football are really not that important when people are dying.

Needs putting in perspective when in 2020 there are thousands dying from TB, dehydration, hunger and so on

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

Depending on which theory you believe HIV took a similar leap. Albeit not in Asia 

The thing about coronavirus is there is one clear "party" complicit in triggering the incident and, yet again, as has been the case on every other occasion in the last seventy years, they are going to come out of it completely blameless.

I understand why the delay phase is in place, because you don't want to over burden the NHS at any one point - nor any of the infrastructure of the country.

I don't think we'll see banning of people congregating in England though.   One of the interviews I saw Boris do suggested just letting it run it's course was a way of thinking a little further down the line.

Now other countries in Europe I don't think will be quite so lax.