Brentford - Wednesday OMDT

Guest Ferkorf
11 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Down with the doom-mongering. We'll click today. Play off chase back on. 

1 - 5 to THE MIGHTY OWLS 

Fletch, FF brace, Murphy and Palmer (yes Palmer) 

COME ON YOU BLUE AND WHITE WIZARDS !!! 

I'm going to second this!

I genuinely think Brentford will play with the gloves down thinking we will roll over. I reckon it will back fire and we will thump them.

I predict...

We will start off ok, perhaps miss a decent chance and then fall apart.

3-0 to the home side.

People might have been buoyed by our efforts on Wednesday, but I've seen little from Monk and these players to offer me much hope.

We are bloody w@nk.

54 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

From a City blog that one of the chaps mailed through to me.

https://ninetythreetwenty.com/blog/

Thank your mate, Snoots, it's an excellent post.I followed your link back to the M.C. Blog, and even further! I would suggest all our posters do the same.

I followed it down to see what else was posted, and I was surprised.I had forgotten that Citty themselves are suffering, or coul be, at the hands of UEFA, having been found guilty of some breach of financial rule or other, and summarily banned from European competition. There is an excellent piece on this written by an American Lawyer, who fell in love with football in the 2010's. He makes the excellent point , to me, that, what ever the financial shenanigans, this has NOTHING to do with either the Supporters of a club, or its success/failure on the field., and therefore  any punishment should be afflicted on the Owners/Financial Backers of the club, and provided that they have not been involved in bribery or the like, the punishment should fall on them and not the Team and its supporters.

Basically what this says is 'Any punishment should fall upon the Owners, and not affect those who have had nothing whatsoever in the financial matters, namely the Fans and the players.

I would recommend ALL our posters take the time to read the links, not an easy ,but certainly a worthwhile exercise  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Thank your mate, Snoots, it's an excellent post.I followed your link back to the M.C. Blog, and even further! I would suggest all our posters do the same.

I followed it down to see what else was posted, and I was surprised.I had forgotten that Citty themselves are suffering, or coul be, at the hands of UEFA, having been found guilty of some breach of financial rule or other, and summarily banned from European competition. There is an excellent piece on this written by an American Lawyer, who fell in love with football in the 2010's. He makes the excellent point , to me, that, what ever the financial shenanigans, this has NOTHING to do with either the Supporters of a club, or its success/failure on the field., and therefore  any punishment should be afflicted on the Owners/Financial Backers of the club, and provided that they have not been involved in bribery or the like, the punishment should fall on them and not the Team and its supporters.

Basically what this says is 'Any punishment should fall upon the Owners, and not affect those who have had nothing whatsoever in the financial matters, namely the Fans and the players.

I would recommend ALL our posters take the time to read the links, not an easy ,but certainly a worthwhile exercise  

Excellent article and post.🧐

1 hour ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

I won't quote Snoity's last post but that is a brilliantly written article from an external viewpoint. Well worth a read.

Wonderfully written, showing a very rare insight into our history and also the dilemma we find ourselves in as a result of the ridiculous FFP 'rules'.

It's amazing that an 'outsider' can have a 'wider' understanding & insight of the problems & issues that hold us back than a lot of our own fans do.

Regardless of the internal politics swirling round our club, beautifully written & should be a mandatory read for all Wednesday fans. Suspect many won't bother reading past the first couple of lines though, if at all.

Brentford are a good team, with a PL striker in-waiting leading their attack, As usual, it will be a tough day out, but if we graft and are organized we could grind out a draw.

So, I'm going for a 1-1.

Guest domSWFC

Would love to see Iorfa sitting just infront of the defence to let the midfield get a bit higher up field. This would be my line up.

LINEUP111583583572428.png

5 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Wonderfully written, showing a very rare insight into our history and also the dilemma we find ourselves in as a result of the ridiculous FFP 'rules'.

It's amazing that an 'outsider' can have a 'wider' understanding & insight of the problems & issues that hold us back than a lot of our own fans do.

Regardless of the internal politics swirling round our club, beautifully written & should be a mandatory read for all Wednesday fans. Suspect many won't bother reading past the first couple of lines though, if at all.

Well I ready it and never read all of Snooty's circumlocutory matchday thread,

so there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Wednesday have not lost three consecutive away league games against Brentford since January 1949.

Wednesday: hold my beer!

lol

We may presently be the team that breaks everyone's bad runs, but reading statements such as this just makes me dead certain we're going to lose...