I have it on good authority that Derby, having changed their name from Frank lampards Derby County to Wayne Rooneys Derby County are considering a further change. EFL board member Mel Morris's Derby County should be up and running in time for the impartial verdict from the EFL board. 

17 minutes ago, timrud said:

So he's got the money to buy the ground for 60m, but has no money?

Chansiri hasn't "bought" the ground for £60 million. He had the stadium valued at that figure and put a sales contract through the accounts. But hardly any of that money has actually changed hands.

5 minutes ago, timrud said:

But the purpose of this accounting exercise would be to enable him to spend 60m more on running the club?

I guess so but not the full £60 million. That was just a magical figure that just happened to wipe out losses and turn a nominal profit. He should, in theory, still be able to spend up to his £39 million rolling three year limit. No idea where we stand on that score right now.

Guest timrud
3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

No idea where we stand on that score right now.

Right.... so in one breath our owner has no money, then you actually admit you have no idea.

This is Owlstalk!

1 minute ago, timrud said:

Right.... so in one breath our owner has no money, then you actually admit you have no idea.

This is Owlstalk!

I didn't say he had no money. I replied to the post related to £60 million purchase, not the previous posts intimating that he had no money.

9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I guess so but not the full £60 million. That was just a magical figure that just happened to wipe out losses and turn a nominal profit. He should, in theory, still be able to spend up to his £39 million rolling three year limit. No idea where we stand on that score right now.

The loses are only wiped out in the accounts though - the debt which the ground sale hid still exists. 

1 minute ago, Animis said:

The loses are only wiped out in the accounts though - the debt which the ground sale hid still exists. 

Aye, but technically he can use directors' loan owed to himself to offset payment so no cash actually moves. That is one option open to him.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, but technically he can use directors' loan owed to himself to offset payment so no cash actually moves. That is one option open to him.

Yes or convert the debt to more shares. I suspect he's going to want the money back when he sells, but we may get lucky and he rights off a chunk to do a deal.

In terms of the charges, I still have some hope our advisors have done their job and our case in tight. If so, we may end up ok, or take a 'small' reprimand. It's important to remember there are other penalties available to the EFL to impose, if they win the arbitration case. This may well be the eventual outcome as the EFL accept they didn't act correctly during the initial discussions in the early Summer of 2019  and take some blame/responsibility.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I wish I could do all this jiggery pockery when buying my groceries at Aldi, then I could attend more matches. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I wish I could do all this jiggery pockery when buying my groceries at Aldi, then I could attend more matches. 

The thing is you can buy your computer off yourself to raise the money to go to the match then defer repayment of the computer until later or swap your TV for the debt instead.

:Chansiri:

12 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

The thing is you can buy your computer off yourself to raise the money to go to the match then defer repayment of the computer until later or swap your TV for the debt instead.

:Chansiri:

I did swap my TV for debt and now I haven't got one. 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Then borrow some more money to buy another.

That's the problem,  I was going to buy the telly off myself but I got greedy and couldn't afford it, so had to sell it to someone else. 

Not going through that again. 

• Haha 1