The case was heard last month and it is understood Blues claimed they were pushed to sell players in the last January window for what they considered to be below their market value.

It is reported that the EFL wanted Blues to accept bids for players as part of the business plan. Club bosses refused to do so, with the threat of relegation looming.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-points-deduction-ffp-17880421

2 hours ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

Maybe the EFL know they've messed up their case and now choking up at the prospect of having to give us a 10 point boost for our inconvenience.

we would only squander it way before then end of the season.

I think there’s now a chance the EFL lose this,  arbitration is dragging on , should have been short and sweet and a smack in the face for the club from the EFL really if there case was solid 

I note in relation to Birmingham the EFL may still appeal the decision......

This level of interference would not happen in any other business even financial services has less regulation.........Bottom line is, however well intentioned these rules were designed to be they stifle competition and force clubs to consider ridiculous schemes like selling their grounds!!!!

They aren't protecting clubs they are forcing them to be reckless and preventing them from progressing. End of.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

They were considering one against Bolton then changed there minds. 

Instead of helping clubs they would rather crush em.

They did go to arbitration appeal against the ‘lenient’ sanction handed to Bolton by the disciplinary commission and lost

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I think there’s now a chance the EFL lose this,  arbitration is dragging on , should have been short and sweet and a smack in the face for the club from the EFL really if there case was solid 

Maybe..

I don't get the brum case...they didn't sell players they broke ffp rules. Just because they may have got relegated or had to sell players cheap, tough...they knew the rules, heard that before...

2 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Maybe..

I don't get the brum case...they didn't sell players they broke ffp rules. Just because they may have got relegated or had to sell players cheap, tough...they knew the rules, heard that before...

But it’s contradictory of the league, who are supposed to be helping them sort their finances, to essentially demand they forego money.

5 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

But it’s contradictory of the league, who are supposed to be helping them sort their finances, to essentially demand they forego money.

Exactly, imposing the point deduction and/or a fine, maybe within their remit. Forcing the club to sell assets for less than their value, counter intuitive and a massive overreach clearly. 

Edited by Morepork

4 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Well I suppose, if that's the case they have set a precedent. Any mid table club in January could argue the same. We have overspent but we are not selling anyone...otherwise we will be relegated.

Besides that, it seems they don't know what they are doing, losing two high profile cases within a week, the bury fiasco...and us and derby to be decided.

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Well I suppose, if that's the case they have set a precedent. Any mid table club in January could argue the same. We have overspent but we are not selling anyone...otherwise we will be relegated.

Besides that, it seems they don't know what they are doing, losing two high profile cases within a week, the bury fiasco...and us and derby to be decided.

If, hypothetically, we are under an embargo over the close season after losing our out of contract players then the same kind of thing applies: us being precluded from making a competitive squad might save money in the short term but is bound to be counter productive in the middle/ long term.

Seems the EFL are after immediate action rather than actually helping teams out.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

Maybe..

The new rules are profit and sustainability, nothing to do with a level playing field. 

How can being forced to sell your assets at less  than market value ever fit under that remit. 

5 hours ago, wilyfox said:

You just know it'll be Villa...cleared, Birmingham...cleared, Derby...cleared, Wednesday...annihilation. 

As far as I know the other clubs in this with us aren't being propped up by 3 companies that don't exsist.

They may have sold their grounds at inflated prices but I'm almost certain none of them have tried to fudge the sale in to the previous years account.

Trying to sell 10 year season tickets tells you everything you need to know about the state of our financial affairs.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

As far as I know the other clubs in this with us aren't being propped up by 3 companies that don't exsist.

They may have sold their grounds at inflated prices but I'm almost certain none of them have tried to fudge the sale in to the previous years account.

Trying to sell 10 year season tickets tells you everything you need to know about the state of our financial affairs.

shocked how anyone could neg this, then saw who it was

• Haha 2