Serious Question: What would the reaction be if a current SWFC player came out?

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So suggesting that gay men are somehow lesser men / man like due to being gay isn’t homophobic?

Wow.

who said lesser men??

You should be ashamed of yourself - you have let the gay community down with your wild accusations and bigoted views 

Edited by torres

7 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

Sent that just after the reply to you.

Hence the time on it, which I'm sure you can see with those Lgbt goggles of yours.

I have no issue at all with any person on this earth and what they choose to do.

Anybody who is nice or polite to me I reflect back to them.

I'm going out on a limb here that since you have taken that much offence you may be a gay man/woman in which case I'm happy for you. If not I'm sure the gay community appreciate you fighting there corner since they are incapable themselves? Thats what the Neanderthals say is it not?

You are digging for an arguement when its done, its over, I suggest you go enjoy the game or your afternoon trying to argue with people what ever floats your boat.

Blimey. I asked you a question and you side-stepped it and now you've got your knickers in a twist. 

As you've gone out on a limb with those assumptions I hope for your sake it's not your wiping hand. 

Enjoy the game!

1 minute ago, torres said:

who said lesser men??

You should be ashamed of yourself - you have let the gay community down with your wild acquisitions and bigoted views 

You called them more effeminate than usual 

As in more female 

As in lesser man like 

It was you (I think, without looking back)

Edited by McRightSide

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Blimey. I asked you a question and you side-stepped it and now you've got your knickers in a twist. 

As you've gone out on a limb with those assumptions I hope for your sake it's not your wiping hand. 

Enjoy the game!

It’s funny how the ‘I don’t care’ brigade make assumptions that anyone suggesting homophobic jokes might just be offensive to gay people...are gay themselves.

One of the main protagonists even said ‘your kind’ to me earlier

as in ‘one of your kind’

but apparently still isn’t homophobic and would be accepting off all

Edited by McRightSide

Just now, McRightSide said:

It’s funny how the ‘I don’t care’ brigade make assumptions that anyone suggesting homophobic jokes might just be offensive to gay people...are gay themselves.

the lady doth protest too much 

3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

No. You said that not me.

They can do what they want. If they feel the need to self validate by making a public announcement regarding their sexuality it says more about their needs than whether anyone else is bothered. Why can't they just quietly get on with it.

Naturally, a public announcement will attract comments both positive and negative from people who would have otherwise not known.

Plus, I have a little more faith than you seem to regarding legal safeguards already in place regarding discrimination.

Jesus wept.

I explained this to you yesterday. They want to 'quietly get on with it' but they can't. Which part of that don't you understand?

They don't want to take an ad out in the fu*ing sun newspaper 😕

If you still don't get it then read what Robbie Rodgers has to say about it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/mar/29/robbie-rogers-coming-out-gay

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Answer me this then dumbass.. 10% of the population are gay give or take. There are roughly 25 players per team and 44 teams in the top 2 divisions. That’s 1100 players... if the footballer population was atypical.. that’s 110 gay footballers play either Premier League or Championship football.

Now let’s assume that they’re all in stable relationships.. it would be pretty difficult for nobody to notice that any of those 110 people have boyfriends, and the press would treat it as something to be sensationalised so we’d hear about it. But reality is, gay men on average are more promiscuous, and id imagine that for celebrities in general whether gay or straight, the number of sexual partners is higher than average just because opportunity is there given they’re more athletic/wealthy on average and find it easier to attract people. And if you’re a gay footballer having casual sex.. you’re not telling me that once it’s over, the other party wouldn’t think ‘hang on, I can make some cash out of this by selling my story’. Not everyone would do that of course, but enough for there to be at least a few cases. 

So the only logical conclusion is that either we have 110 footballers suppressing their sexuality and refraining from acting on it, which in this day and age seems unlikely, or that the number of gays is significantly less than 110. If there are 10 gay footballers maybe they’re all just keeping it quiet but that’s only 1% of the population which is a mere fraction of the number in the general population.

The obvious thing is that growing up there’s likely some sort of self selection going on whereby straight people are more likely to play football at a high level. Maybe that reason is that gay people don’t feel comfortable in the macho environment and therefore don’t progress in the game to professional level as often as they otherwise would. Who knows, but there’s something going on because otherwise the numbers don’t stack up. There can’t possibly be 110 gay PL and Championship footballers and nobody know about a single one of them.

None of this is controversial.. it’s obvious to anyone with a triple digit IQ who spends more than 2 mins thinking about it.

What I've read is that around 5% of men between 16 and 24 identify as gay. So between 16 and 70 it will be lower. 

10% is probably including lesbian and transgender.

But I think that's a bit high myself.

I only personally know 5 openly gay men and one transgender.

Some may be hiding their sexuality but I don't believe it's as common as people make out. 

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

suppose you’d say that if a gay player was complaining to a ref about a decision

But it wouldn't be homophonic, because he said so. Which apparently is what counts. :duntmatter:

Just now, Owls2k said:

But it wouldn't be homophonic, because he said so. Which apparently is what counts. :duntmatter:

As long as it was said tongue in cheek.

As long as some straight guy in the crowd says it’s funny and no-one should be offended because he’s treating everyone equally

Guest Ferkorf
19 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Enjoy the game!

My very manly knickers you mean?

Guest LondonOwl313
34 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Ye Gods, the Jon Beswetherik guy is now third.

You've now got Gold and Silver, congratulations. 

Your lack of counter points confirms you’ve lost the argument and your low IQ

Guest Ferkorf
24 minutes ago, torres said:

who said lesser men??

You should be ashamed of yourself - you have let the gay community down with your wild accusations and bigoted views 

I wouldn't give him the time of day, he keeps making stuff up.

Adds things to the conversation that nobody has even said.

Hes like a very poor Donald Trump

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So suggesting that gay men are somehow lesser men / man like due to being gay isn’t homophobic?

Wow.

In my line of work in London years ago we had many homosexual men working for us and they were all very effeminate.

Am I being Homophobic saying that?

Edited by Bulgaria