Jump to content

Morgan Fox


Recommended Posts

I’m glad he’s improved, he’s a decent player not exceptional. I still don’t think he’s a first team player in a side that wins promotion. Still a position that needs strengthening regardless of him signing a deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I’m glad he’s improved, he’s a decent player not exceptional. I still don’t think he’s a first team player in a side that wins promotion. Still a position that needs strengthening regardless of him signing a deal. 

 

I don't think any of our players are first team players in a side that wins promotion. 

 

It's probably a harder task to get a better left back in than him this summer amongst all the other players that need replacing. Although not an impossible task. He is of decent age though and is showing an upward curve in his development. Happy if he signs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A good player, much improved around the past year or so. One of our most consistent and best players this season, in my opinion, along with Iorfa and Fletcher. If it weren't for our drastic collapse in form as a team since Christmas, I think he might have made the Welsh squad for the Euro's, even during our bad spells he's still stood out as one of our better players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

He's improved but the issue is he has improved from not good enough to a decent player (or one of our better players in a poor side).

 

As stated above we need to be improving on the fullback positions we have got critically worse in those positions since 2015/2016 where we were strong.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would be happy enough if new contract offer was accepted, and believe Fox could be a regular starter for a top 6 side.  I don’t think he’s good enough for Premier League, but could play an important part in a promotion season.

 

What will really hold us back when it comes to our promotion ambitions is a lack of creativity and goal threat.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What's everybody expecting Maldini or Roberto Carlos.

 

Barely put a foot wrong all season and when he doesn't play our defence look all at sea.

 

Get into the real world where we are a championship club again everybody.

 

Excellent news this.  Hopefully Fletcher is to follow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

 

I don't think any of our players are first team players in a side that wins promotion. 

 

It's probably a harder task to get a better left back in than him this summer amongst all the other players that need replacing. Although not an impossible task. He is of decent age though and is showing an upward curve in his development. Happy if he signs. 

That’s very true in regard to our squad.  

 

He’s a decent mid table LB. I just think if the aim is still to win promotion we need better players than Morgan Fox. Happy for him to re sign but still hope another LB is brought in. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know he is well liked on here and I will probably cop for a negging but I would let him leave this summer, we fell for this two years ago with Nuhiu. 

 

Yeah he has improved this season but he has improved from poor to average IMHO and I think we could get better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, 0114 said:

That’s very true in regard to our squad.  

 

He’s a decent mid table LB. I just think if the aim is still to win promotion we need better players than Morgan Fox. Happy for him to re sign but still hope another LB is brought in. 

Even promotion sides don't have 11 top 6 standard players. They probably have 2 or 3 exceptional players, 5 or 6, top 6 team players and the rest are mid championship standard.

 

I'd say Fox is good enough, better than a lot give him credit for. Not a world beater but neither will he let you down. Let's face it we aren't going to be promotion standard next year anyway. It's going to be a transition year, a year of settling a lot of new players in and maybe the year after we might challenge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...