U23s v Piglets

21 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I see Millwall are 3-0 up at Forest after 34 mins

What a weird league the Championship is   :unsure:

Lovely 2nd goal. Low ball back from the corner to the penalty arc, and a willing recipient on the end of it. 

1 hour ago, WORKSOP_OWL said:

Wrong attitude. 

rhodes spat dummy out on deadline day when DC blocked Lon move to celtic asking for high loan fee 

Winnall is just rubbish and will not turn up for u23 when not in contention 

Rhodes spat his dummy out when asked to take a penalty against Huddersfield three years ago, and has been sulking ever since.

28 minutes ago, darklord said:

flippingAve it you scummy piglets. 

This city is still ours. 

They used to make out that academy football was the be all and end all when they were in League One. Think we need to celebrate this victory! lol

Guest Grez Bez
18 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What's this Fraser Preston like?  One for the future?

He's a winger so got no chance really.

Looks great in some game and doesn't turn up for some. Same as most winger's. Needs a loan like loads of our player's.

Went down to watch last night...............surprised Ben Hughes was only on the bench and also surprised Waldock  and Borukov weren`t involved , i`m guessing either injured or traveled with first team?

Overall we deserved it and were the better side, thoughts on our team ;

Josh Dawodu - First time i have seen him this season since a long injury lay off and still looks like he is finding his feet

Render , Lee, Brennan     All pretty quiet, no dramas

Isaac Rice - Has an air of confidence about him that i like, a very good left foot that delivers some good long balls even though he overdoes this a tad.

Galvin - Left back, one or two nice moments in attack

Hidalgo - Only looks about 5 foot 5.......typical Latin type player , some really eye catching moments as well as some silly ones.

Preston - Typical winger..........i was just thinking he hadn`t done much when he produced a couple of really composed finishes....needs a loan out.

O.Brien - Felt really sorry for him , all our attacks were started down the flanks , dont think he received one decent pass in all his time on the pitch

Grant - I was a little disappointed to be honest, seemed happy for the game to drift by him.

Liam Shaw    -   MOM, really liked what i saw last night, combative, always looking for the ball, carried and passed it well, impressive performance.

One last thing.....given how good the blunts academy has been over the last 10 years or so i was really surprised at how poor they looked............oh.............and their number 10 who shushed the crowd after scoring.....:biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What's this Fraser Preston like?  One for the future?

I thought he played well a couple of years ago when Jos gave him a couple of games in the first team. We could do with him gaining some consistency as the first team could do with some youthfulness about it.

Liam Shaw and Waldock are the ones I like. I know Waldock didn't play last night but from reports Shaw was Man of the Match. Didn't work out for him at Chessy in there mess of a season but I hope he gets another loan out and gets some games.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I thought he played well a couple of years ago when Jos gave him a couple of games in the first team. We could do with him gaining some consistency as the first team could do with some youthfulness about it.

Liam Shaw and Waldock are the ones I like. I know Waldock didn't play last night but from reports Shaw was Man of the Match. Didn't work out for him at Chessy in there mess of a season but I hope he gets another loan out and gets some games.

We have a rep at our place who is a Chessy fan and he said Shaw had done very well for them and was a cut above what they already had.

32 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

We have a rep at our place who is a Chessy fan and he said Shaw had done very well for them and was a cut above what they already had.

Really, that's great news. I didn't really follow it much just knew they were in a tricky patch (which looks to have been going on for about 3 years now) and then he returned. Hopefully can get a year or 6 months in a higher league.

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Went down to watch last night...............surprised Ben Hughes was only on the bench and also surprised Waldock  and Borukov weren`t involved , i`m guessing either injured or traveled with first team?

Overall we deserved it and were the better side, thoughts on our team ;

Josh Dawodu - First time i have seen him this season since a long injury lay off and still looks like he is finding his feet

Render , Lee, Brennan     All pretty quiet, no dramas

Isaac Rice - Has an air of confidence about him that i like, a very good left foot that delivers some good long balls even though he overdoes this a tad.

Galvin - Left back, one or two nice moments in attack

Hidalgo - Only looks about 5 foot 5.......typical Latin type player , some really eye catching moments as well as some silly ones.

Preston - Typical winger..........i was just thinking he hadn`t done much when he produced a couple of really composed finishes....needs a loan out.

O.Brien - Felt really sorry for him , all our attacks were started down the flanks , dont think he received one decent pass in all his time on the pitch

Grant - I was a little disappointed to be honest, seemed happy for the game to drift by him.

Liam Shaw    -   MOM, really liked what i saw last night, combative, always looking for the ball, carried and passed it well, impressive performance.

One last thing.....given how good the blunts academy has been over the last 10 years or so i was really surprised at how poor they looked............oh.............and their number 10 who shushed the crowd after scoring.....:biggrin:

Cheers Sheri. Jordan’s job last night was to stretch their defenders either side and not necessarily get on the ball. That allowed Frazer Preston to come through on goal and well it worked perfectly as he bagged 2. Tactically it worked a treat as Jordan’s stats were terrific and he’s near enough 100% fit after his lengthy lay off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2