Borner

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
48 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

Its been suggested borner was touching his hamstring just before half time, so presume it was that

He spent the second half in the Kop getting it touched for him...

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

As has been said. Monk in his press conference said he was injured but might be back on Saturday.

He said being forced to sub Borner and Lee hampered our plans to throw strikers on at the end.

Thanks. 

That's all I wanted :wub:

Frustrates me Bannan and co go back to him constantly with no thought of a second ball. He has no out ball, the player who pops it off rarely shows for a return and there is zero movement.

Feel like most of the midfield and fullbacks are shirking responsibility on the ball constantly and taking the rest option. 

It’s no wonder he’s looking poor and hesitant on the ball when every time he looks up it’s just a sea of opposition players. 

He hasn’t been up to the early standard he set recently, but there are plenty of factors not helping him.

1 hour ago, September65 said:

Borner didn't have his best game but I was staggered, given Lees' recent form, when the change was made.

Mind you I was staggered when FF was dragged off and not Da Cruz.

depends what our priorities are fa cup or stopping up? ff im sure wasn't taken off due to how he was playing he will be needed at Brentford. while da cruz will at best be an unused sub at Brentford. 

Subs two players who'd got a strains = wasting his substitutions.

😅

Once fans think you're a shît manager they'll find fault in everything you do to prove em sens right.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

Wasn't great for me. Needs to get back to being stronger, more aggressive and dominant at the back like when he first came in. 

Was out muscled and out jumped a few times in that first half. Yeah it was man city's very expensively assembled side, but they're not known for physicality which is where we should have been able match them. 

2 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

Frustrates me Bannan and co go back to him constantly with no thought of a second ball. He has no out ball, the player who pops it off rarely shows for a return and there is zero movement.

Feel like most of the midfield and fullbacks are shirking responsibility on the ball constantly and taking the rest option. 

It’s no wonder he’s looking poor and hesitant on the ball when every time he looks up it’s just a sea of opposition players. 

He hasn’t been up to the early standard he set recently, but there are plenty of factors not helping him.

I'm not sure about the fullbacks but midfield are rarely available for defenders once they've laid the ball off. I watched Rooney the other day, picked the ball up on the half way line on their right wing, played a simple square pass, repeated by their player, and repeated again by which time the ball was on their left wing - who was available for their left winger to lay the ball off to but Rooney - he'd tracked it the width of the pitch and made himself available throughout the move - and then when it was layed off to him he pushed a straight ball for one of theirs to run onto on the edge of our box. Simple, nothing fancy, but available. No Hollywood ball but very effective.

• Like 1