DeeJayOne

Local residents angry at the club

I did wonder if they joined the chip shop queue at 14:30 then complained at the length of the queue.

If they are getting conflicting messages then I can imagine it can be tiresome.  A quick meeting should clear the air.

Once again - nobody is saying they won't be inconvenienced by living close to the stadium.

Their complaint is that the club promised them information on what the exact issues would be in advance of every match (things change match-by-match) so they could work around those issues - and have apparently not delivered on those promises.

Information and communication is key. If the residents know what to expect they can work around it.

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 10.23.47.png

I think they have a point - it wasn't a normal match and could have had a number of different outcomes including extra time, etc. So were residents supposed to plan to be able to access their homes at the normal time? Would the roads possibly be inaccessible for an extended period? What time could residents expect to get access in/out if it had have gone to extra time/penalties?

I've looked on the club website and can't see any resident's information posted for this match at all, other than the generalised information which wasn't necessarily reflective of this match or it's multiple possible scenarios.

Again - information is the key. They all KNOW they will be inconvenienced by living close to the ground - they just want to accurately know what that inconvenience may be in advance so they can plan around it. Doesn't seem that unreasonable, surely?

2 hours ago, Gerinako said:

One of the residents' arguments is that direct information was promised in advance of every match (things can change match-by-match).

I've looked on the website myself and can find residents information articles for 6 matches. Out of 19 home games (20 including the friendly). 

The articles start with these paragraphs:

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 10.46.47.png

You can kind of see the frustration for some of the residents if what they've been promised hasn't happened.

The generalised information is great and I suspect that is what the club have put in place after the fact so they don't have to post an article for every match. Which is fair enough if that information is correct and if residents are then told that it is the definitive place to go (some didn't know it even existed). Plus, it doesn't reflect any changes match-by-match and doesn't help when it come to planning for cup games as shown above.

Personally, I think the residents have a point. I'm all for them being directed to the website to get the information (it makes the most sense - I know letters used to be delivered regularly to households in the area in the past, but that just seems outdated in this day and age) - but that information has to be up to date and accurate for each game. Make sure the same correct information is filtered to the stewards and police in their briefings (and consistently applied), and then there is little for the residents to then complain about IMO.

Must be great to live that close, leave the house at 14:55, home for 17:00.

11 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

One of the residents' arguments is that direct information was promised in advance of every match (things can change match-by-match).

I've looked on the website myself and can find residents information articles for 6 matches. Out of 19 home games (20 including the friendly). 

The articles start with these paragraphs:

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 10.46.47.png

You can kind of see the frustration for some of the residents if what they've been promised hasn't happened.

The generalised information is great and I suspect that is what the club have put in place after the fact so they don't have to post an article for every match. Which is fair enough if that information is correct and if residents are then told that it is the definitive place to go (some didn't know it even existed). Plus, it doesn't reflect any changes match-by-match and doesn't help when it come to planning for cup games as shown above.

Personally, I think the residents have a point. I'm all for them being directed to the website to get the information (it makes the most sense - I know letters used to be delivered regularly to households in the area in the past, but that just seems outdated in this day and age) - but that information has to be up to date and accurate for each game. Make sure the same correct information is filtered to the stewards and police in their briefings (and consistently applied), and then there is little for the residents to then complain about IMO.

Those pages I quoted were just cached ones.
If anything - the fact I couldn't find anything Pre-October shows they didn't do anything for the first 2-3 months of the season.

End of the day though

I just thought I'd provide what i could see . No opinion on the matter

15 hours ago, DEH9 said:

I had a mate who bought one of them flats down West Street near that Vodka place that used to the Hornblower. 

Did nowt but moan about music noise and drunken revelry. 

You chose to move on to a major drinking circuit. 

Cleggnut

What is a cleggnut?

Great word is that.

I prefer wee pipe head, more umph to it.

lol

I will make it easier for the residents ,don't like it move . for gods sake a 40000 stadium what has been there 100 plus years if they didn't want a bit of bother with parking/noise etc on a Saturday afternoon then why the hell would you buy a house there?... at stoke its different they moved to brittania 20years ago appx and a few residents aint happy due to parking on there streets on matchdays so now there is permit areas ,but a lot where in them houses before football ground was built unlike Hillsborough. 

16 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I will make it easier for the residents ,don't like it move . for gods sake a 40000 stadium what has been there 100 plus years if they didn't want a bit of bother with parking/noise etc on a Saturday afternoon then why the hell would you buy a house there?... at stoke its different they moved to brittania 20years ago appx and a few residents aint happy due to parking on there streets on matchdays so now there is permit areas ,but a lot where in them houses before football ground was built unlike Hillsborough. 

Again - that isn't the point of this. 🙂

They KNOW they will be inconvenienced by the stadium being there. As stated multiple times now - they just want communication about what to expect each match, which has been promised and seemingly not delivered. Their concerns are valid (in my opinion).

I understand that Trevor at the club has re-contacted one of the residents to discuss the issue further now. Hopefully something good will come from that and concerns will be somewhat resolved. Let's see. 🙂

16 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

Again - that isn't the point of this. 🙂

They KNOW they will be inconvenienced by the stadium being there. As stated multiple times now - they just want communication about what to expect each match, which has been promised and seemingly not delivered. Their concerns are valid (in my opinion).

Yes i get that for sure , but my point is its never going to be easy on match days . Surely unless there from mars they would know that before living there. Maybe there all cheesed off that not getting world cup scuppered them getting there houses flattened and crushed for 50% above there market value. 

I live in the “Leppings Lane Triangle”. I have an ST and I’m not inconvenienced by match days but that’s because I’m in the NBT for 12:30 on a Saturday and down at Kelham until 8:30 on a Saturday evening.

But, this season has been a shitshow for anyone living here who doesn’t go to the match. Our roads bizarrely are not resident parking only, and both ends are blocked off before kick off and after the final whistle for quite a while so we’re prisoners on our own road.

No one moved here unaware that match days will be busy. There may have been the odd one who complained before this season but most just accepted it was an inconvenience. However the drastic and draconian changes imposed upon us this season without warning are what’s pissed people off. 

• Thanks 1

On 06/03/2020 at 11:00, Parsons Cross Owl said:

Must be great to live that close, leave the house at 14:55, home for 17:00.

Or, more recently, home in time to watch the second half scores come in with Jeff lol

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Yes i get that for sure , but my point is its never going to be easy on match days . Surely unless there from mars they would know that before living there. Maybe there all cheesed off that not getting world cup scuppered them getting there houses flattened and crushed for 50% above there market value. 

Booooooooo you stopped my 2000 badge .fool 

On 06/03/2020 at 12:08, marshy said:

What is a cleggnut?

Great word is that.

I prefer wee pipe head, more umph to it.

lol

Think it's similar to a wingnut