Local residents angry at the club

6 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

I don't know how you've reached that conclusion - it's a bit of an excessive reaction?! 

No-one has ever said they want the club dead or gone

I don’t think people are going to openly come out and say that - because it’s going to make their argument look very strong - but I’m sure plenty think it. 

Being a Wednesday fan might effect my bias like disliking football or a particular person (Chansiri) effects theirs. He annoys me too FWIW. 

But I hope I’d be wise enough to realise that if I went and moved house next to Sheffield Arena, my life might be affected a bit - but I’d also know that places for people to attend (for entertainment) in their masses of thousands are important. 

I live 20 mins from the Wednesday ground and my road is often full with cars, my partner basically has to basically go out for the day to the other side of town on Match days to avoid the hassle of traffic and parking near our house. 

If you wanted an Argos delivery, for example on my road during those times you’d be screwed - stuff like that. Someone almost crushed my foot once with their car, just to not have to walk as far to get to the match. 

I also hate having to get on a tram etc with 60 Blades if there’s a Match on and I can’t avoid going near their ground.

Lots of people are effected vs lots of peoples weekend entertainment. 

29 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

I am on that forum and it’s a mixture of angry and informed people and angrier uninformed people. 

This comment helps to show what people are like in general. 

I’m ok with the first group, just not the second. 

One of them wants us relegated , yep that'll sort your problem out . Unless you are over a hundred and ten years old and have lived there all that time then you knew full well you were going to be inconvenienced every match day to some extent , which us why the houses are cheaper . It's like when people move next to a motorway and complain about the noise . Also if that's what it takes to vote for a party then great , Sheffield can sink as long as you are told when a road is going to be closed . 

1 hour ago, Ferkorf said:

People buy houses in Stocksbridge and complain to the local paper or Facebook groups about the noise of the steelworks.

Its only a great big place that runs the full length of Stocksbridge and has been there since time began.

One of my neighbours is like that. They moved in about 5 years ago and started moaning about the steelworks noise straight away. lol

• Haha 1

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

One of my neighbours is like that. They moved in about 5 years ago and started moaning about the steelworks noise straight away. lol

My friend used to rent a house out behind the rugby club. The people who moved in there around 2008 were from down south and constantly rang him about the noise from the works.

It still baffles me to this day how they came to view the house twice and didnt see the big blue spring bank gates on the victory club car park.

I had a mate who bought one of them flats down West Street near that Vodka place that used to the Hornblower. 

Did nowt but moan about music noise and drunken revelry. 

You chose to move on to a major drinking circuit. 

Cleggnut

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

5 hours ago, Ferkorf said:

My friend used to rent a house out behind the rugby club. The people who moved in there around 2008 were from down south and constantly rang him about the noise from the works.

It still baffles me to this day how they came to view the house twice and didnt see the big blue spring bank gates on the victory club car park.

# Clank Town :rolleyes:

Guest The Horse

How can they be unsure what happens?

For approximately 23 days of the year, it'll be a safe bet that getting to and from your house is going to be a non-starter for the 90 mins before kick off and an hour after full time.

That's about 48 hours in the year.

Have a shag or a tug if you're bored in that time.

53 minutes ago, The Horse said:

How can they be unsure what happens?

For approximately 23 days of the year, it'll be a safe bet that getting to and from your house is going to be a non-starter for the 90 mins before kick off and an hour after full time.

That's about 48 hours in the year.

Have a shag or a tug if you're bored in that time.

A 48 hour shag?

Are you Sting?

• Haha 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

9 hours ago, DeeJayOne said:

SAG aren't a front-facing organisation as far as I'm aware - communications of SAG stuff would usually come through the club, or the council. I'm also not sure how much of the Leppings Lane Triangle closures are to do with SAG, or the Police, or the Club to be fair. Would have thought it wasn't really within the SAG remit, but could be wrong.

I believe the barriers are manned by stewards employed by the club (with a police presence in the area too), so the club would probably be responsible for instructing stewards, informing residents, etc.

I understand this point to an extent, but it can be a pain for a lot of these people if they are blocked from getting to/from their homes and not knowing what the situation is with it - especially what times the roads are closing, which roads, for how long, are there preferred routes in/out, can they get access in certain circumstances, can they get though on foot if they aren't in a vehicle, etc. From what I understand all this information just keeps changing and no-one really communicates to the residents and the stewards on the barriers don't ever seem to know what is going on with it so it is a lottery what happens. I know there has been mention of nurses who have come back off 16 hour shifts and been refused entry to their street for some time when all they want to do is just get in their bed and go to sleep.

Surely it’s a Highways, Police and Council issue; the club, a private company, will have no jurisdiction or governance over control over the local roads. 

They all know what they are getting into when moving next door to a football ground, they will be some hardships mainly to do with crowds and parking hence why the house prices and rent is quite low.

These will be the same idiots moaning about the river don being too close to their house next!

I once bought a house opposite a factory that operated 24/7 365 days a year, I knew before I bought it that there would be some noise, I knew what I was getting into so no complaints. Did the residents not realise that a football stadium was in the vicinity when they moved in?