Alessio Da Cruz is the type of player we need - Monk

Speaking about the loan signing of Da Cruz from where he was playing in Seria B in Italy Monk said that he was very well aware of the player and his ability.

Monk said that this was the type of signing we needed at SWFC.

Well, I occasionaly like to watch a National League game or two and there are players in the fifth tier of English football who are far ahead of Da Cruz in terms of pace, skill and ability.

It fills me with grave concern the thought that Monk might have anything at all to do with our rebuild in the summer.

Hopefully Monk will be tending his roses instead by then!

• Haha 3

Sorry but  you are showing that "Loyalty" ends at your O/T name , and to compound this you follow it up with "Big Ron" !!  Great manager I agree , but Loyal ?

He could get under a snakes belly top hat on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sometimes it takes a while for a player to "adapt"  to a team Morgan Fox for example. It's not always easy for players to get used to playing in a different country with maybe language difficulties. Give him until the end of the season then decide if he's good enough?

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He looked average last night, poor when on the ball. I expected him to be able to dribble past at least one of their £50m defenders last night!

🙄

I too fully expected us to pull their defenders out of position all night long . Must have all had a great match , it happens I suppose . 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Sometimes it takes a while for a player to "adapt"  to a team Morgan Fox for example. It's not always easy for players to get used to playing in a different country with maybe language difficulties. Give him until the end of the season then decide if he's good enough?

Ok but last night he was ineffective and should have been replaced by Fletch 

3 minutes ago, Howards back said:

He must not be fit. From what I saw he never raised sweat he just jogged around. 

The pass in the first half, which he simply failed to control or make anything from was poor. The camera then panned to him and he was blowing like he'd just run a marathon. 

The phrased 'match-fit' is really strange. People have used it about Wickham, but he'd been getting game time for CP's first team throughout January. He's done the same for us throughout Feb, but he's still not match fit according to some.

At what point are players match fit - a run off 6/10/20 games. By that time they're 'tired' and need a rest.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

A loan punt. Showed promise in Italy.

If it doesn't work out, we can send him back at the end of the season.

100% the right strategy for the situation we're in.

Agree. 

Last night was a tough ask for them all. To his credit he stuck to his task, closed down and made himself available to run the channels. I dont think he was the best player on the pitch, but did what the manager asked of him. 

The next 10 games against championship opposition will give us a guide as to whether extending his stay is an option. As you rightly say, as a loan punt, low risk for us.