Alessio Da Cruz is the type of player we need - Monk

26 minutes ago, Animis said:

At what point are players match fit - a run off 6/10/20 games. By that time they're 'tired' and need a rest.

I believe it's after 10 games that they are match fit. And after 12 games they are 'tired' and need a break. They play a blinder in that 11th game though. Hattrick, overhead kick, MOTM, the lot. 

• Haha 1

He ran himself to dust last night. any player who puts in a shift like that won’t get pelters from me.

we can all see the limitations he has as a player, but short of him turning down the shirt all he can do is work , run and play the best he can. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He ran himself to dust last night. any player who puts in a shift like that won’t get pelters from me.

we can all see the limitations he has as a player, but short of him turning down the shirt all he can do is work , run and play the best he can. 

That's fair. He did his job positionally.

His legs turn to jelly though when he gets near goal. Hes played about 7 or 8 games so far.Has he had a shot yet that anyone can remember.

Edited by Nero

Northeastowl posted the following comment:

"I reckon Monk had never even heard of him until he was probably offered him. Wouldn’t be blaming this one on Monk myself "

So why did Monk say that he knew all about the player then when he did not?  Are you saying that Monk is a blatent liar?

I do though agree with Matt_1 when he says that the loan strategy is the way forward for SWFC.

How many times have we all wished that Rhodes had been a loan and not a permanent signing!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Speaking about the loan signing of Da Cruz from where he was playing in Seria B in Italy Monk said that he was very well aware of the player and his ability.

Monk said that this was the type of signing we needed at SWFC.

Well, I occasionaly like to watch a National League game or two and there are players in the fifth tier of English football who are far ahead of Da Cruz in terms of pace, skill and ability.

It fills me with grave concern the thought that Monk might have anything at all to do with our rebuild in the summer.

Hopefully Monk will be tending his roses instead by then!

Didn't we have 3/4 of our fanbase saying the same about Foxx for the last year? Now he's one of our most consistent players, maybe Da Cruz needs time to settle in and to be playing in a settled team with confidence.

• Like 1

Hilarious stuff as always. Rewind back about a week or two and the same player was been praised on here for being our only (or at least one of a few) shining lights. 

Struggled against Man city and now he's throw.

I don't know 

Edited by poite
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

Speaking about the loan signing of Da Cruz from where he was playing in Seria B in Italy Monk said that he was very well aware of the player and his ability.

Well, I occasionaly like to watch a National League game or two and there are players in the fifth tier of English football who are far ahead of Da Cruz in terms of pace, skill and ability.

It fills me with grave concern the thought that Monk might have anything at all to do with our rebuild in the summer.

He won’t be here next season. He looked like someone who’s either lost or who doesn’t want to be here when caught on camera last night. He even looked close to tears at one point. He’ll probably see the season out but I’m pretty sure he won’t stay on beyond the season?

Many thanks to Great Big Galaa:

"Monk won’t be here next season. He looked like someone who’s either lost or who doesn’t want to be here when caught on camera last night. He even looked close to tears at one point. He’ll probably see the season out but I’m pretty sure he won’t stay on beyond the season?

I so hope you are right as imo Monk just isn't the right fit for SWFC.

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

lets let paixao then continue his fine job then by continuing to drain this club and bleed it dry. I doubt monk has too much to do with signing you can tell that if you listen carefully . I somehow doubt wilder would put up with a similar system at the stain . unless theres some dramatic change in very near future regards signing process/ recruitment along with trying to get fans going back through the turnstiles then this club is going to have some very dark days,years in the future.  and this aint me sticking up for monk either because I think he is at fault for a few things.