A Glimpse of Something... Finally

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

Our form has been dire. Our play has been a dreadful, unorganised, desperate mess with no sort of plan or structure. Hitting it forward and hoping a lone striker with no support can work a miracle .

But last night, is that a glimpse of what's to come? A solid, organised back 4, all of whom looked for the short ball. A team that looks to build, and to play. Yes, we didn't look to pose a threat, but we were playing one of the best teams in the world, who pick quality teams apart. 

I was very pleased to finally see something to go forward with. Play like that every week, and throw in a bit more adventure going forward and we'll be fine. Fletcher in that team, against Championship sides will bring Forestieri and Murphy into the game more to be dangerous.

And on a final note, a sentence I never thought I'd say. Pelupessey was almost, if not equally as effective last night as De Bruyne was for City. 

2 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Our form has been dire. Our play has been a dreadful, unorganised, desperate mess with no sort of plan or structure. Hitting it forward and hoping a lone striker with no support can work a miracle .

But last night, is that a glimpse of what's to come? A solid, organised back 4, all of whom looked for the short ball. A team that looks to build, and to play. Yes, we didn't look to pose a threat, but we were playing one of the best teams in the world, who pick quality teams apart. 

I was very pleased to finally see something to go forward with. Play like that every week, and throw in a bit more adventure going forward and we'll be fine. Fletcher in that team, against Championship sides will bring Forestieri and Murphy into the game more to be dangerous.

And on a final note, a sentence I never thought I'd say. Pelupessey was almost, if not equally as effective last night as De Bruyne was for City. 

I hope so...we should expect to see last nights application and concentration in every remaining game. UTO.

Monk set us up like that as soon as he took over and we looked solid and hard to break down but were also negative and boring. For all the criticism of Monk, he does know how to defend but it seems that if we try to take the shackles off we get battered. 

2 hours ago, Nut said:

Monk set us up like that as soon as he took over and we looked solid and hard to break down but were also negative and boring. For all the criticism of Monk, he does know how to defend but it seems that if we try to take the shackles off we get battered. 

Our first team coaching consists of the following

Monk himself...ex central defender

Bullen..ex full back/central defender

Weaver...ex Keeper.

Hardly surprising really is it.

54 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I wouldn't get too carried away with last nights solid performance.

We played well v Charlton last mid week and then followed that up with a shambolic performance v Derby.

This. 

This set of players have proven time and again they're not up to the level required.

Really hope the club doesn't fall for the old trick of players trying hard in new contract season. Ditch the lot.

• Like 1