Jump to content
Nero

The financial gap between the teams

Recommended Posts

Man City have lost over £535m assembling that squad while winning multiple domestic and European trophies with money direct from foreign oil states with appalling records on human rights. It's taken UEFA 10 years to charge them.

We have spent £60m assembling ours from tuna money and failing to make a dent on even the Championship.

Somehow despite being unable to compete with Man City on any level, we face points deduction and potential relegation for 'overspending'.

Its beyond comprehension and any natural justice.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So basically, we break FFP but don't even have a decent squad doing it. 

 

The other day a mate said we are "FFP cheats", but it sure doesn't feel like anyone but the fans have been cheated. Where are the super stars that have surely come with all our spending?

 

I responded that we're not "cheats" just idiots. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobness said:

So basically, we break FFP but don't even have a decent squad doing it. 

 

The other day a mate said we are "FFP cheats", but it sure doesn't feel like anyone but the fans have been cheated. Where are the super stars that have surely come with all our spending?

 

I responded that we're not "cheats" just idiots. 

 

We are alleged cheats AND definite idiots 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only Wednesday could cheat the system and STILL not achieve anything. :duntmatter:

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair the tuna would probably argue that their rights haven't exactly been considered in this either.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Only Wednesday could cheat the system and STILL not achieve anything. :duntmatter:

 

Yep. Throw £60m minimum at it and end up with basically the same team that reached the Play-Off Final and cost buttons 4 years ago! :Chansiri::1276983839_MonkHome:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article on FFP: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/04/review-bury-need-for-ffp-efl-league-one-two-owners-wages?CMP=share_btn_tw

 

I can see people saying an owner should be able to spend what he likes but what happens when the money runs out or owner gets bored?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nero said:

Man City have lost over £535m assembling that squad while winning multiple domestic and European trophies with money direct from foreign oil states with appalling records on human rights. It's taken UEFA 10 years to charge them.

We have spent £60m assembling ours from tuna money and failing to make a dent on even the Championship.

Somehow despite being unable to compete with Man City on any level, we face points deduction and potential relegation for 'overspending'.

Its beyond comprehension and any natural justice.

 

 

If you are going to raise the human rights issue, I would also suggest you do a bit of research into the background of Thai Union and the former Chansiri family business vis-a-vis supply chains and the Thai fish industry (just for the sake of balance). :ph34r:

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Interesting article on FFP: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/mar/04/review-bury-need-for-ffp-efl-league-one-two-owners-wages?CMP=share_btn_tw

 

I can see people saying an owner should be able to spend what he likes but what happens when the money runs out or owner gets bored?

 

The latter can happen regardless to be fair.

 

Also, isn't there a Fit & Proper test for owners in place - easy to see who doesn't have 2 bob to rub together,

 

Personally, I'd like to see owners spend as they wish. However, to protect clubs, anything the owner wishes to spend above the P&S limits (which are outdated and need reviewing) they have to put that amount of money in escrow and if the owner does run out of money, the EFL steps in and uses that money to cover ongoing financial commitments. How that would work I don't know, but it can't be that difficult to implement something to protect clubs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

 

The latter can happen regardless to be fair.

 

Also, isn't there a Fit & Proper test for owners in place - easy to see who doesn't have 2 bob to rub together,

 

Personally, I'd like to see owners spend as they wish. However, to protect clubs, anything the owner wishes to spend above the P&S limits (which are outdated and need reviewing) they have to put that amount of money in escrow and if the owner does run out of money, the EFL steps in and uses that money to cover ongoing financial commitments. How that would work I don't know, but it can't be that difficult to implement something to protect clubs?

 

I think the FA have admitted that legally the fit and proper persons test isn't worth the paper its written on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Never mind, eh, Dejphon?

 

:duntmatter:

:Chansiri:

Wanna buy me out big guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

If you are going to raise the human rights issue, I would also suggest you do a bit of research into the background of Thai Union and the former Chansiri family business vis-a-vis supply chains and the Thai fish industry (just for the sake of balance). :ph34r:

It's a fair point.

Fans dont really concern themselves with where the money comes from originally.

 

Authorities should though. 

 

After all we just watched Rooney sporting a 32 shirt for the Chinese bet32 betting company that's sponsoring him playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nero said:

It's a fair point.

Fans dont really concern themselves with where the money comes from originally.

 

Authorities should though. 

 

After all we just watched Rooney sporting a 32 shirt for the Chinese bet32 betting company that's sponsoring him playing. 

 

My response was just for the sake of balance. I have had close and personal interest in the human rights and environmental impact issues connected with Thai Union Group. We should claim no moral high ground vis-a-vis human rights' background of our benefactor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

My response was just for the sake of balance. I have had close and personal interest in the human rights and environmental impact issues connected with Thai Union Group. We should claim no moral high ground vis-a-vis human rights' background of our benefactor.

I agree with you.

I dont think I claimed us to have any moral high ground. I just pointed out the nonsense about Man City.

Personally I didn't imagine that the TUG would be anything other than as you suggest but I haven't let it bother me.

Maybe it should!

 

Footballs gone past any point of no return on this though hasn't it. The source of all personal wealth on this scale is likely to be highly questionable.

 

It is slightly worse when it's a state that's doing it though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nero said:

 

Personally I didn't imagine that the TUG would be anything other than as you suggest but I haven't let it bother me.

Maybe it should!

 

 

 

 

I am a shareholder of the group (albeit very minor) and I have both personal contacts within the group and professional connections. I know the enormous amount of work that the PLC board have pursued to eridicate these issues from the supply chains. They are now successfully 100% free of such issues. But the previous history cannot simply be airbrushed from the records. This is a football forum so I will leave it at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

 

I am a shareholder of the group (albeit very minor) and I have both personal contacts within the group and professional connections. I know the enormous amount of work that the PLC board have pursued to eridicate these issues from the supply chains. They are now successfully 100% free of such issues. But the previous history cannot simply be airbrushed from the records. This is a football forum so I will leave it at that.

Thanks for the information. I guess many organisations have an uncomfortable past history. BP as an obvious example. A lot of the UK's rail and canal routes were built by Irish immigrants in appalling conditions. We can't escape history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Nero said:

Man City have lost over £535m assembling that squad while winning multiple domestic and European trophies with money direct from foreign oil states with appalling records on human rights. It's taken UEFA 10 years to charge them.

We have spent £60m assembling ours from tuna money and failing to make a dent on even the Championship.

Somehow despite being unable to compete with Man City on any level, we face points deduction and potential relegation for 'overspending'.

Its beyond comprehension and any natural justice.

 

It does seem unjust but you are talking about 2 completely different entities. 

Man City have had their collar felt by UEFA, we on the other hand have broken the rules laid out by the EFL.

Both clubs can have no complaints with whatever comes their respective ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It does seem unjust but you are talking about 2 completely different entities. 

Man City have had their collar felt by UEFA, we on the other hand have broken the rules laid out by the EFL.

Both clubs can have no complaints with whatever comes their respective ways.

Quite the opposite. As entities we are both English professional football clubs representing big northern cities - but being judged by entirely different standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...