Just now, Weshallovercome said:

With Pep needing a centre back and the way he played tonight we might get that 20m after all.

A 20 million display tonight

On that basis  I’d take 5 million for him if we throw in JP and da Cruz 

At central defence  I think he is more suited to the premiership than the championship. His outstanding pace is such an asset against fast nippy players like you get mostly in the premiership.

Even though he is tall I think he gets bullied by big awkward forwards like Martin, Juketswiech, Smith etc that you get more of in the championship.

8 hours ago, Palmerdidwellwilson said:

would love to see in cm position.

thats it.

He cant control a football

We need to develop him into a top centre half in my opinion for the benefit of club and player. He’s already played right back for Wednesday and wolves. Let him find his position.

He’s good at tackling, this would prove very useful if he was to play in CM because his second touch is usually a tackle.

Why do you think that he understands demands of cm position that he rarely/never played ?!

His first touch is shocking and it created big problems for him when he was used as right back. Genuine idea is to play someone who is comfortable on the ball in position where he is likely to see most of it.

Even if we forget about everything above, he is by far our best cb, so why finding him another position ?!

34 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We need to develop him into a top centre half in my opinion for the benefit of club and player

SWFC don't do development.

Quick fixes maybe, development, nah.

NO

NO

and then some more

NO

Christ, its like the time when some fans asked for Beevers to play as a CDM ... next we'll be asking Wildsmith to go up front or Nuhiu at centre back ...

I don't doubt he could play in midfield, but why move him from CB where he's been excellent for most of the season. 

Iorfa wants to play CB and again last night showed what a good player he is in his preferred position.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was Premier league interest in him this summer.

• Like 1

People moan that Monk plays people out of position, then call for Monk to play people out of position  . . . . . only on Owlstalk.

Hes was an average Right back who has become a good CH with the potential to be a very good CH but in no way is he good enough technically to be a midfielder and anyone who is comparing him to Carlton Palmer is a massive insult to the great man and i would suggest never saw him play 

He reminds me a lot of Carlton Palmer, the way he covers the ground is very similar.

Like Carlton his first touch is not the best but his pace and long legs often get him out of problems. However in central defence a slight lapse in control can result in a goal. ( Also not sure he reads the game like a top central defender does, quite often losing his man. )

One thing Carlton did have which I don't know if Iorfa has is is incredible stamina. Palmer could get up and down the pitch all day long, if Iorfa can do this I would like to see him tried in midfield as I think it could be his best position.

Did he get MOM last night?

He we absolutely brilliant.

He could end up going for decent money in the summer.

15 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

A 20 million display tonight

On that basis  I’d take 5 million for him if we throw in JP and da Cruz 

Can we smuggle Rhodes in one of their kit bags?

He's our best defender. 

Owlstalk, 'move him to midfield'. 

:duntmatter:

I would not move our best centre-half into midfield, no. He's someone to build our defence around. 

His best position is CB. Knowing our luck, Wolves will have a buy back option of around £2.5 million :duntmatter:

I think he has the 2 main attributes that a modern day premier league defender has...genuine pace and strength. If you can keep up with the likes of Raheem Sterling then I think he’s definitely got a chance.

He has that knack of being in the right place with a tackle or foot in to break up play. I came away from Saturdays game being impressed by him and same again last night.

Time will tell, he may be destined to play at a better standard.

I imagine he would end up with a lot of cards playing centre mid