Bannan “incredible player”

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Where did he say this? In his post match?

Yes.

Bannan is a proper footballer....astonishes me some others don't see that.

Pep, maybe the world's best manager thinks he's an incredible player....some Wednesday fans think he's pish & should leave...you decide.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Incredibly average. Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I’d like to see him leave. 

Cash in the chips while he still has value. Completely lop sides our team which we can ill afford at the moment

He's a very good player .. especially when deployed in a position that best suits his style of play, behind the strikers with 2 rock solid, box to box CDM's ...

in our midfield 3 or 2 he's an extreme luxury player that flatters to deceive most weeks with 1 game where he's unplayable ...

he's in his 30's now so I'd cash in and let someone else deal with his strops and inconsistent displays

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313
10 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

People say this but there are probably 20 players we need to ship out before Bannan. Don't care if any of them leave tbh as long as it makes business sense (i.e. we get decent money). If not we should keep... it's not realistic to start over from scratch again, we need a nucleus of players and I'm struggling to think of more than 4 or 5 who are good enough for a top 6 team

10 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

I don't get why some on here are slagging off players who have put in a half decent shift against one of the top five clubs in the world?

Probably because he's put in some rubbish shifts against some of the Championship clubs that have handed us our àrses lately.

10 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Bannan left but has a contract next season so unless we get a stupid offer I would keep him.
We need to keep some players over the transitional period.

I have seen Bannan have some good games and about 18 months ago was our best player but yes been average this season.

19 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Bannan is the type of player Pep likes ... But our fanbase doesn't 

We want the best bits of Bannan, Lee, Reach, Hutchinson and Luongo, rolled into one player. We want him cheap, and happy to sign for a Championship side.

BB is a very talented player and top-end championship level.

Unfortunately he's been with a team, particularly over the last three years, whose general ability, level and quality has deteriorated. That doesn't make him a lessor player; it's just we're not suited to his style.

Sheridan was a similar (but better), but needed the likes of Hirst, Warhurst, Bright, Williams, Atkinson etc, to move into positions that he could find with a quality ball. BB could this, but he hasn't generally got an outlet.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

BB is a very talented player and top-end championship level.

Unfortunately he's been with a team, particularly over the last three years, whose general ability, level and quality has deteriorated. That doesn't make him a lessor player; it's just we're not suited to his style.

Sheridan was a similar (but better), but needed the likes of Hirst, Warhurst, Bright, Williams, Atkinson etc, to move into positions that he could find with a quality ball. BB could this, but he hasn't generally got an outlet.

As bannan looks up to pass into a space and sees . . . . Absolutely no one anywhere near it . Even the best passer of a ball needs someone who knows where to run to give it to . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cross owl said:

As bannan looks up to pass into a space and sees . . . . Absolutely no one anywhere near it . Even the best passer of a ball needs someone who knows where to run to give it to . 

He's just as guilty of sitting back once hes passed the ball and not running ahead into space. Its part of our midfield problem players moving off the ball and getting up the pitch. When a team presses us we rarely have an option other than to play back and hoof it to the forward.