Jump to content
bobness

Respectable performance. Well done!

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ka58 said:


nah.

 

no one doubted they worked hard.

 

you regularly see lower league sides work hard against distinguished opposition and avoid a battering in cup competitions.

 

our performance wasn't defensive with a plan - it was abject damage limitation.

 

we didn’t have one shot on target. Not one. Their keeper didn’t have to save a shot.

 

i watched derby tonight get beat 3-0 by a team far more accomplished than them and try and play some football. They had 13 shots and 5 on target. 

 

i would have preferred that than that submission last night.

Man Utd “Far more accomplished than them”.

 

You’re having a laugh mate.

 

Derby conceded 3 with Man Utd giving them a lot of possession. They wouldn’t have seen a 10th of that against City. If they tried to play City at there own game, the 3 conceded would have been 6.

 

Living in dreamland some people.

 

Look at City’s stats for the season FFS.

 

Play THEIR-game & you get slaughtered.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jaydubz said:

May as well have called the match off then! If you don’t attack you don’t score. Simple game football regardless of opposition. If you defend for 90 mins without any intention you are highly unlikely to score 😂

 

I've had a good think about it and the only way I could agree with you was if we had playing another Championship side, but for us to have all the attacking football and attempts on goal you wanted in this game was only possible if we got the ball off Man City. 

 

Maybe we should have thrown players forward whilst City had ball, a 12-0 defeat wouldn't have mattered because at least we tried to attack them. 

 

I've come to conclusion you are just on a wind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ka58 said:


nah.

 

no one doubted they worked hard.

 

you regularly see lower league sides work hard against distinguished opposition and avoid a battering in cup competitions.

 

our performance wasn't defensive with a plan - it was abject damage limitation.

 

we didn’t have one shot on target. Not one. Their keeper didn’t have to save a shot.

 

i watched derby tonight get beat 3-0 by a team far more accomplished than them and try and play some football. They had 13 shots and 5 on target. 

 

i would have preferred that than that submission last night.

 

That's funniest comment I've read on here for a while. :tango:

 

Man United more accomplished than City. :ghoulguy:lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

I've had a good think about it and the only way I could agree with you was if we had playing another Championship side, but for us to have all the attacking football and attempts on goal you wanted in this game was only possible if we got the ball off Man City. 

 

Maybe we should have thrown players forward whilst City had ball, a 12-0 defeat wouldn't have mattered because at least we tried to attack them. 

 

I've come to conclusion you are just on a wind up. 

 

Ive come to the conclusion that you are uneducated and know very little about football! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I genuinely can’t believe how many people are happy with that performance.

 

Im content at the scoreline and feared a hiding. Obviously always disappointed to see us lose.

 

In terms of effort and discipline I’m happy with the shift the lads put in. 

 

In terms of performance and tactics however I thought we were poor. 

 

No responsibility on the ball, there been evident for months. If not years now. Completed passes is shocking. We sat at least 5-10 yards too deep( probably 20), meaning any out ball was still 20 yards in our own half. 

 

It was attack against defence. Yes I’m not an idiot and I know how good they are. However minimum you need a threat of a break, we lacked that. One poster keeps saying attack attack attack. Nobody is suggesting that. What I am suggesting however is when we have a free kick, even in our own hand get bodies forward. I’m also suggesting keeping one fast player at least near the half way line to run the channels second half and try to help us get out.

 

It felt like there was no game plan other than to stop city. Much lower league sides can at least get out their half, have a couple of shots etc. Why couldn’t we st lest try with 10 minutes left. Knockout competition, 1-0 or 3-0 makes no difference. 

 

Wildsmith had a good game, they wasted chances. 1-0 flattered us. 

 

On the pitct the effort and 2-3 individual performances were the only highlight fit me. 

 

I fully expect replies saying it’s city ffs, what do you expect. I expect more than just over 100 completed passes, 1/5th of the possession and 1 shot. I’m not expecting much more, but more nonetheless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

I've had a good think about it and the only way I could agree with you was if we had playing another Championship side, but for us to have all the attacking football and attempts on goal you wanted in this game was only possible if we got the ball off Man City. 

 

Maybe we should have thrown players forward whilst City had ball, a 12-0 defeat wouldn't have mattered because at least we tried to attack them. 

 

I've come to conclusion you are just on a wind up. 

 

We had free kicks all over the pitch. Even in our half. When losing 1-0 vs a team we won’t keep the ball against, just get it in the box from any distance. Put defenders up and pressure on their keeper (who I think is very poor and flappy). Hope for a lucky bounce, anything. Worse sides than us can do this vs city, why can’t we?

 

We did none of this, gave them an easy ride. It was always going to be a walk in the park for them, but we didn’t have to put on a picnic, wrap them in a blanket and make it as comfortable as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ka58 said:


nah.

 

no one doubted they worked hard.

 

you regularly see lower league sides work hard against distinguished opposition and avoid a battering in cup competitions.

 

our performance wasn't defensive with a plan - it was abject damage limitation.

 

we didn’t have one shot on target. Not one. Their keeper didn’t have to save a shot.

 

i watched derby tonight get beat 3-0 by a team far more accomplished than them and try and play some football. They had 13 shots and 5 on target. 

 

i would have preferred that than that submission last night.

Its all about opinions.

There is nothing that's fact in this thread.

Yes they may have hammered us if we had a go but I'm with you on this one.

Derby fans must feel proud after having a go. I feel a bit meh.

We did surrender and it was a case of damage limitation.

But as I said it's opinions and some would rather lose 4-0 but give city a bloody nose and others would rather just defend well but not put a scratch on them and only lose 1-0.

There's probably no way we could have won but I just feel we could have done more than hoof it from defence all game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think we did better than in the capitulation against Chelsea last year and in the second 0-0 at the Lane as one other poster has mentioned.

 

That said, it does (disappointingly) show that when compared to the back end of Stuart Gray (lost to Citeh 1:2 and early Carlos (beat Arsenal 3:0) we have fallen even further behind and this team/ squad has run its course. Either Monk or a new manager will have almost to start from scratch in the Summer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ka58
47 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

That's funniest comment I've read on here for a while. :tango:

 

Man United more accomplished than City. :ghoulguy:lol


I was saying Man U are far more accomplished than derby - not city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ka58
2 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Man Utd “Far more accomplished than them”.

 

You’re having a laugh mate.

 

Derby conceded 3 with Man Utd giving them a lot of possession. They wouldn’t have seen a 10th of that against City. If they tried to play City at there own game, the 3 conceded would have been 6.

 

Living in dreamland some people.

 

Look at City’s stats for the season FFS.

 

Play THEIR-game & you get slaughtered.


We don’t have to play their game.

 

we didn’t play any game.

 

we also got absolutely slaughtered - the only thing we didn’t do was concede a lot of goals - purely by luck more than judgement.

 

the tactics we deployed didn’t stop otamendi hitting the bar, or Jesus mis hitting from a yard out, or sterling missing one on one.

 

Your suggesting I think we should have beaten or matched city - I don’t think that.

 

i do know we were abject though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I genuinely can’t believe how many people are happy with that performance.

 

Im content at the scoreline and feared a hiding. Obviously always disappointed to see us lose.

 

In terms of effort and discipline I’m happy with the shift the lads put in. 

 

In terms of performance and tactics however I thought we were poor. 

 

No responsibility on the ball, there been evident for months. If not years now. Completed passes is shocking. We sat at least 5-10 yards too deep( probably 20), meaning any out ball was still 20 yards in our own half. 

 

It was attack against defence. Yes I’m not an idiot and I know how good they are. However minimum you need a threat of a break, we lacked that. One poster keeps saying attack attack attack. Nobody is suggesting that. What I am suggesting however is when we have a free kick, even in our own hand get bodies forward. I’m also suggesting keeping one fast player at least near the half way line to run the channels second half and try to help us get out.

 

It felt like there was no game plan other than to stop city. Much lower league sides can at least get out their half, have a couple of shots etc. Why couldn’t we st lest try with 10 minutes left. Knockout competition, 1-0 or 3-0 makes no difference. 

 

Wildsmith had a good game, they wasted chances. 1-0 flattered us. 

 

On the pitct the effort and 2-3 individual performances were the only highlight fit me. 

 

I fully expect replies saying it’s city ffs, what do you expect. I expect more than just over 100 completed passes, 1/5th of the possession and 1 shot. I’m not expecting much more, but more nonetheless.

 

Thank you, some sense. Hard to come by on here because everyone seems to be blinded by the scoreline, and not the actual performance!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...