Jump to content

Respectable performance. Well done!


Recommended Posts

Just now, Jaydubz said:

 

So i was right, your happy with the score! Classic

Oh stop being so ballsy , seriously did you believe we could have competed against City really ? Think back to our last 3 or  4 home games and the goals we have conceded , then check who City have beaten lately , get real,  for someone with such football knowledge you appear to be lacking a touch of realism.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jaydubz said:

 

Revert to my 4 bullet points, and explain please. Then come back to me and explain whether or not those stats are acceptable regardless of opposition?

 

Haven't got time now, I'm off to work, you make sure you're back in class on time. :tongue:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

 

Out of interest, what was good about last night?

 

regardless of the opposition.

You gotta be on a windup.

 

A billion pound squad rammed full of world class players and internationals that play in International tournaments regularly.

 

They beat Real Madrid by a similar scoreline.

 

One, if not the most successful manager ever that has won titles and trophies in Spain, Germany and England.

 

A recent track record of winning trophies and even winning the fa final 6-0.

 

Bringing on an England regular and one of the best players in the England squad whos valued at about 120 million quid.

 

A team that regularly brushes aside Premiership teams by high scorelines and usually dominates play.

 

A team that plays in the Champions League every season (maybe not next year eh)

 

A team that won the Premiership title last season and were 26 points ahead of 3rd place.

 

The striker that breached out defense has made 97 appearances for Argentina and scored 41 goals for them.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

 

Do me a favor and explain this good performance and what constitutes a good performance in your head (obviously score line only), i will then tell you my expected result....

 

Bet your hands are red roar from all the clapping you no doubt gave last night! People like you are concerning, as you clearly know very little about football, i would go as far as saying as never played it either, if lucky Sunday league at best/ pub team, hence complete lack of understanding/ knowledge.

Red raw. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Countless Premier League teams have parked the bus against City in recent seasons. I don't believe in ifs and buts, but, had their goal been disallowed or saved ( both very nearly) and Fletcher or Lees got a toe to their chances, we were that  close to  a  big upset.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Oh stop being so ballsy , seriously did you believe we could have competed against City really ? Think back to our last 3 or  4 home games and the goals we have conceded , then check who City have beaten lately , get real,  for someone with such football knowledge you appear to be lacking a touch of realism.

 

Have you forgot it was a cup match. If we dont attack/ shoot and score, 9 times out of 10 we will go out of the cup! It wasnt the league, where a point might be ok in your pathetic happy clapping opinion! Go and support another club where zero shots on target out of 1 and 20% possession is acceptable!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

 

Have you forgot it was a cup match. If we dont attack/ shoot and score, 9 times out of 10 we will go out of the cup! It wasnt the league, where a point might be ok in your pathetic happy clapping opinion! Go and support another club where zero shots on target out of 1 and 20% possession is acceptable!

Haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

 

Have you forgot it was a cup match. If we dont attack/ shoot and score, 9 times out of 10 we will go out of the cup! It wasnt the league, where a point might be ok in your pathetic happy clapping opinion! Go and support another club where zero shots on target out of 1 and 20% possession is acceptable!


Av come across some horrendous posts on this forum over years but I think this one takes the gold medal

 

Give your head a shake, we was only playing one of the best teams in the world eh ... attack attack attack would’ve ended in an absolute hiding and if you can’t accept that I think you should maybe take up watching a different sport 

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now the dust has settled, remain satisfied with the effort, everyone worked hard, positionally disciplined in the main and we kept it respectable.

 

But, let's not kid ourselves that we were competitive in anything other than limiting the amount of goals they scored (I appreciate that's an achievement of sorts). 

 

The best thing we can take from last night is a new benchmark for attitude and effort. If we maintain that for the rest of the season, well be ok. However, we've seen spikes in performance before, then they go missing for a few games, so will see how we've done after the the next 10 games.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

 

One for the text books here  - watch and learn kids, watch and learn 

 

 

Lovely touch from Bannan

Lees wonderful positioning and concentration 

Palmer sticking to a tight line with the rest of the defence 

(Wildsmith spoils it all with a block)

 

Then Fox, cool as a cucumber, shows a bit of composure and starts us on an attack  . . . . .

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Av come across some horrendous posts on this forum over years but I think this one takes the gold medal

 

Give your head a shake, we was only playing one of the best teams in the world eh ... attack attack attack would’ve ended in an absolute hiding and if you can’t accept that I think you should maybe take up watching a different sport 

 

What a strange comment.

 

So if we dont attack, how do we score? Do you think we should have defended a bit depper, maybe defending on the goal line would have been better!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

 

What a strange comment.

 

So if we dont attack, how do we score? Do you think we should have defended a bit depper, maybe defending on the goal line would have been better!


Yeh,  attack attack attack 

 

Wonder what u be saying if that’s what we’d done and ended up on end of a double figure hiding 

 

How dare we defend against Man City , unbelievable 

Edited by Royal_D
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Royal_D said:


Yeh,  attack attack attack 

 

Wonder what u be saying if that’s what we’d done and ended up on end of a double figure hiding 

 

How dare we defend against Man City , unbelievable 

 

How do we score when defending for 90mins? It was the cup, a draw is no use you clown!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Jaydubz said:

 

How do we score when defending for 90mins? It was the cup, a draw is no use you clown!


I get that you have a different opinion to some on here, me included but try to ease up on the insults.
 

You can have a spirited debate without resorting to name calling, if you can’t then maybe time for a break to compose your thoughts? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You gotta be on a windup.

 

A billion pound squad rammed full of world class players and internationals that play in International tournaments regularly.

 

They beat Real Madrid by a similar scoreline.

 

One, if not the most successful manager ever that has won titles and trophies in Spain, Germany and England.

 

A recent track record of winning trophies and even winning the fa final 6-0.

 

Bringing on an England regular and one of the best players in the England squad whos valued at about 120 million quid.

 

A team that regularly brushes aside Premiership teams by high scorelines and usually dominates play.

 

A team that plays in the Champions League every season (maybe not next year eh)

 

A team that won the Premiership title last season and were 26 points ahead of 3rd place.

 

The striker that breached out defense has made 97 appearances for Argentina and scored 41 goals for them.


I don’t think anyone’s arguing about how good they are - or that we should have got a result.

 

port vale gave them more of a game than us though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:


I get that you have a different opinion to some on here, me included but try to ease up on the insults.
 

You can have a spirited debate without resorting to name calling, if you can’t then maybe time for a break to compose your thoughts? 

Thanks for the advise Phil. But il pass

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:


Av come across some horrendous posts on this forum over years but I think this one takes the gold medal

 

Give your head a shake, we was only playing one of the best teams in the world eh ... attack attack attack would’ve ended in an absolute hiding and if you can’t accept that I think you should maybe take up watching a different sport 


There’s a difference between “attack attack attack” and expecting to have more than one shot at goal and more than zero shots on target.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...