bobness

Respectable performance. Well done!

Awful, Oops, wrong fred, soz.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Maybe we should have gone all out attack...

... and lost 10-0.

Everyone would have no doubt praised  the team, the manager and the owner for that!

:ghoulguy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Had we had won they would still have been one or two finding something to moan. 

Do you mean respectable score??? Because that performance was a disgrace! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I disagree.

We struggled to string any meaningful passes together and were star struck from the first minute.

On another day that would have been 0-4, Wildsmith did extremely well keeping it at 1 and was a tad unlucky with the goal. Add that to City weren’t as sharp as usual finishing, it doesn’t add up to a half decent Wednesday performance.

We were woeful.

This was knock out football, keeping it tight, hoofing it out and shaking like a $hitting dog when we had the ball at feet will get you nowhere.

Edited by Mac_77
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

I disagree.

We struggled to string any meaningful passes together and were star struck from the first minute.

On another day that would have been 0-4, Wildsmith did extremely well keeping it at 1 and was a tad unlucky with the goal. Add that to City weren’t as sharp as usual finishing, it doesn’t add up to a half decent Wednesday performance.

So we could have finished 0-0 against one of the best teams in the world; but that’s “woeful”. OK

:duntmatter:

• Like 4

Defence very good, especially Wildsmith and Iorfa. Hunt looked good when he came on, hope all 3 start against Brentford. Attacking was awful. Pessy and Bannan very poor tonight and I really don’t know what Cruz offers us. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Key said:

So we could have finished 0-0 against one of the best teams in the world; but that’s “woeful”. OK

:duntmatter:

“we could have”

We didn’t, we lost 0-1 at home with 0 shots on target.

You can’t take the opponent misfiring coupled with a half decent goalkeeping display and dress it up as a “respectable performance”

Edited by Mac_77
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought everyone really tried their best as a team - the crowd too.

Coming away, despite the result I thought it was good to all be pulling in the same direction - for a change.

then i read Owlstalk:sad:

Remember WAWAW? let's be just that every game!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Solid performance by us, but we seemed content to hang onto a 1-0 loss rather than really going for them.

Man City were nowhere near their best and we barely laid a glove on them. 

Thought Iorfa was great at the back. 

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, bobness said:

1-0 against a strong City side, and there are already a number of threads on here whinging about it. Absolutely barmy!

There's plenty to gripe about this season, but that doesn't mean you need to complain about absolutely everything. FFS.

respectable is the best you can call it.

we clearly had no intention of trying to

win the game.

the front players we put out were never gonna affect the game against such quality defenders and the only hope we would have had was maybe trying to rough them up at set pieces and playing a target man. We sacrificed that presumably to try and get behind the ball quicker.

was really grim.

i think there’s a lot of championship clubs that would have at least got the crowd going a bit - we just looked like a team praying for the final whistle from minute one.

Edited by ka58
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They won with an offside goal and Aguero struggled to get out of Iorfa's pocket so Sterling could come on.

It had it's 'highs'.

p.s....in the last 10/15 minutes I do think we attempted to press them high and looked for a goal, but you can only play as well as you're allowed to, Man City aren't that crap.

Edited by Weshallovercome
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes wonder if some “fans” wanted us to lose 0-10. Look at that side they put out, how much they cost, how much they earn per week etc. We lost 1-0 to one of the top sides in Europe. 

Let’s concentrate on not getting relegated now and hopefully build on some positives from tonight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the past I’ve often had non-Wednesday football fans try and belittle our fan base over being disillusioned about how good we are, the ‘massive’ stuff and so on....

I’ve never really seen it before tonight. 

We’ve won one game in last 8, lowest scorers at home in championship, playing our third choice keeper without a striker and there are fans on here saying we should have attacked more, how bad Players were that offer nothing but yet we lost to an offside goal vs the champions of the country playing an almost full strength team. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It weren't really a respectable performance was it.

Suppose the scoreline was...and bit of good hoofing out of our half.

The most one sided 1-0 win ever in history.

Appart from that we did okayish

lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

In the past I’ve often had non-Wednesday football fans try and belittle our fan base over being disillusioned about how good we are, the ‘massive’ stuff and so on....

I’ve never really seen it before tonight. 

We’ve won one game in last 8, lowest scorers at home in championship, playing our third choice keeper without a striker and there are fans on here saying we should have attacked more, how bad Players were that offer nothing but yet we lost to an offside goal vs the champions of the country playing an almost full strength team. 

We should have attacked more - we had nothing to lose.

we didn’t have a game plan other than to try and contain in a cup game where we had nothing to gain unless we won.

i didn’t expect us to win, or draw, I expected a game plan.

we worked hard but we had one shot, off target, all game. 

let’s not pretend we’re asking too much.

• Haha 2

Come on folks

BB9F7E04-547D-458F-88C6-2F8997094F86.jpeg

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

It weren't really a respectable performance was it.

Suppose the scoreline was...and bit of good hoofing out of our half.

The most one sided 1-0 win ever in history.

Appart from that we did okayish

lol

Do you think if we got the ball down and attempted to play fancy football on the floor, against one of the top European sides, it’d have ended 0-1? 
We knew we couldn’t compete like that, the quality they had was unbelievable. What would you realistically have done with the squad we’ve got against a team like that? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ka58 said:

We should have attacked more - we had nothing to lose.

we didn’t have a game plan other than to try and contain in a cup game where we had nothing to gain unless we won.

i didn’t expect us to win, or draw, I expected a game plan.

we worked hard but we had one shot, off target, all game. 

let’s not pretend we’re asking too much.

I disagree with pretty much all of that. But thanks I guess. You kind of epitomise what I was getting at.

All about opinions though. Just mine is that you were asking too much, you didn’t understand the game plan, or agree with it, and we have moral and confidence to lose which is already pretty low. 

Weird how Monk is tactically naive but Bruce playing similar tactics with better players at Newcastle was our saviour. 

Edited by Philb125
  • Like 1