Da Cruz...garbage

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Doesn’t look a footballer to me. How we stayed on the pitch for the full 90 minutes, I will never know. God knows why Monk took FF off for fletcher. I think all Wednesday fans fully expected Da Cruz would be hauled off. 

There are some total numbnuts on here. If you'd bothered to actually listen to monks post match interview he said the changes were enforced due to injury.

We defended like Trojans against the champions who usually score for fun against teams like us.

If we'd attacked them, like Man city and some clueless fans wanted us to, instead of being disciplined and trying something measured on the break it would have been a cricket score.

Then those same numbnuts would be whining that we were being reckless.

These truefans talk some shyte.

Monk can't win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Honestly, watched Will Ferrell at Soccer Aid and he had a better touch. How he wasn't subbed instead of Forestieri I'll never know.

Honestly, looking at some of GMs team selections and substitutions over the last few months I'm beginning to think he's trying to engineer dismissal with a decent pay-off. 

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

Because a fit FF might just do us some good in our next league game. An exhausted FF might not. Da Cruz isn't as important to us. look at the bigger picture.

(Not aimed at debran) There is so much negativity at present posters are looking for the negative in everytjhing rather than looking at the bigger picture. I can understand why to some extent after Saturday but that negativity won't help the club get out of this bad run.

Agree with you and I`m amazed at some of the posts in this thread . 

I was at the match sat on the south on the half way line (my usual season ticket seat) and saw lots of things that anyone watching at home or were further back in the stands might not have appreciated .

FF had taken a knock in a tackle about fifteen mins before half time . He came over towards the home bench (Holding his right hip) spoke to the physio then Monk and had obviously been told to see how he felt at the break. 

Da Cruz has taken a lot of flak in this thread and some of it is ott . There are lots of championship players who would have had the same problems against a premiership defence. You can say what you like, but the effort Da Cruz put in all match was remarked on by several fans during and after the match .

If you  didnt go to the match you should say so before slagging a player off as that will put your opinion in context. I recorded the match and was in bed late as I watched the game again when I got home and that is my context for posting .

Feel free to neg if thats what floats your boat. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Honestly, looking at some of GMs team selections and substitutions over the last few months I'm beginning to think he's trying to engineer dismissal with a decent pay-off. 

Which would be strange 'cos isn't he only contracted until the end of the season?

Also, compensation at our level will probably be capped to 3-6 months salary - hardly going to be hitting the Forbes rich list is he!!

I reckon it's more that he knows half the squad won't be here next season, is having a good luck at players/systems ready for next season (if he's still here), and a good number of players aren't doing what he's asked of them.

11 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Same issue with him as is with Wickham to be honest.   It's just not clicked.

Let us be honest here, they haven't walked into a side with any kind of confidence or real attacking intent.

You can see what both these players offer - hell, we know with Wickham as we've seen it before, but when a side is down on it's luck (or just has a thick nobber for a manager) then it's down on it's luck.    

To me I can see what Da Cruz offers, just not pulled it off yet.

Given this the ' Thanks' vote so your post has the full set.

1 hour ago, Tarquin said:

Agree with you and I`m amazed at some of the posts in this thread . 

I was at the match sat on the south on the half way line (my usual season ticket seat) and saw lots of things that anyone watching at home or were further back in the stands might not have appreciated .

FF had taken a knock in a tackle about fifteen mins before half time . He came over towards the home bench (Holding his right hip) spoke to the physio then Monk and had obviously been told to see how he felt at the break. 

Da Cruz has taken a lot of flak in this thread and some of it is ott . There are lots of championship players who would have had the same problems against a premiership defence. You can say what you like, but the effort Da Cruz put in all match was remarked on by several fans during and after the match .

If you  didnt go to the match you should say so before slagging a player off as that will put your opinion in context. I recorded the match and was in bed late as I watched the game again when I got home and that is my context for posting .

Feel free to neg if thats what floats your boat. 

I agree with this.

The player is not lacking effort or application at all. He cannot be held at fault in the slightest. He ran and ran last night and was out on his feet at the end. He is the last player I would boo in that side, he is a kid from overseas chucked in to a team in bad form. 
it is the fault of the club that they are putting this kid into a first team shirt and exposing him to what will be a horrible experience as our fans increasingly get on his back.

• Like 1

I think he's mostly struggling with the physicality and speed of football in the country at the moment. In truth those are two pretty big things to have to get to grips with so he's got a lot of work ahead if he's going to earn himself a contract.

He was playing against some of the best in the business last night though - let's not forget that. Of course, his league performances have been somewhat ineffectual also, but it would seem a little over-the-top to slate him off the back of last night alone.

I do start to really worry when Da Cruz is selected ahead of Rhodes and Winnall that they too have been frozen out by Monk.

They have scored a considerable number of goals in professional football in England.

I would be happy to wager that Da Cruz will never score a goal in English football.

35 minutes ago, marconi said:

There’s at least two now Joey.

Joey is a separate issue. We've seen enough of him now to pretty much say he is never going to make a Championship level midfield player. There are also no real signs that will change in due course.

I suspect Beauchie Owl may be correct when he says:

"Honestly, looking at some of GMs team selections and substitutions over the last few months I'm beginning to think he's trying to engineer dismissal with a decent pay-off."

He does at times talk like he has given up the ghost, e.g. interviews post the horrendous Reading and Derby County home defeats.

For all we know Monk may be due a pay off at the end of the season when his contract is not renewed - a golden goodbye as they say in the vernacular.