Da Cruz...garbage

Guest gizowl
Just now, pj owl said:

Murphy didn’t disgrace himself - far from it - but was forced to do more defensive work than he would have hoped

Fair point, that was the problem, one player you want up top when looking to counter is Murphy. 

He needs time to settle in to English football. He's got some ability but until he starts to understand how the game is played here he will struggle. He might never make it.

He's on loan so if we don't hink he's good enough it's not cost us much to have a good look at hime. As was said earlier it's hard to come into a team on it's a r se and shine.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Same issue with him as is with Wickham to be honest.   It's just not clicked.

Let us be honest here, they haven't walked into a side with any kind of confidence or real attacking intent.

You can see what both these players offer - hell, we know with Wickham as we've seen it before, but when a side is down on it's luck (or just has a thick nobber for a manager) then it's down on it's luck.    

To me I can see what Da Cruz offers, just not pulled it off yet.

Really?  Genuine question, what do you feel he can bring to the team?  I assumed he was part of some dodgy Paixao related deal.

In a relegation battle the last flippingplayer I'd want is a ponce who just jogs around not getting near anyone, and then doesn't have any quality when he gets it.

Harris actually works hard and provides some threat at the other end. His confidence is down but I blame it on Monk, he needs to show some faith in someone who provided a number of goals early on.

Da Cruz needs to be sent back.

Can't hammer the kid. He runs and works but is a mile short quality wise which has been clear since his debut. Doesn't know where to run or pass.

The hunt Fletcher chance, did Fletcher push da Cruz into position before his back post run? It looked like it to me, that meant Fletcher set off late and missed the cross.

13 minutes ago, erowl said:

Couldn't trap a foookin medicine ball ... And Monk admitted he was well aware of him when he signed so it's down to the manager.

I mean fair enough, you have to take the comments at face value... but he's never going to come out and say "Honestly? Only heard of the kid three days ago, but he's all we can bring in so let's hope he does the business" is he? lol

22 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Hes very poor. I was utterly disappointed when he hooked fessi for da Cruz. Shambles that decision. 

Strange, but Foresteri has rarely played three consecutive games in the last three years. 

2 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I mean fair enough, you have to take the comments at face value... but he's never going to come out and say "Honestly? Only heard of the kid three days ago, but he's all we can bring in so let's hope he does the business" is he? lol

Well he was either aware of da Cruz or he was flat out lying to protect his position.

Either way he's dropped a bolik

23 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

That sub decision was just laughable. Fessi was one of the few trying hard and actually causing a few problems. Soon as it happened the game was over, well done GM.

Fessi started really well but he hadn’t touched the ball for 15 minutes.

However, Da Cruz was anonymous so a better decision would have been to sub both.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Monk must have an extensive scouting network if he’s got people watching Serie B football for him.

lol

42 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Can someone tell me what he does apart from jogging around uninterested, and then miscontrolling the ball when it's played to him?

Harris has been poor since New Year but so has almost everyone. He was one of our most creative players first half, to lose faith in him over some hopeless loanee seems absolutely ludircous. If I was Monk I'd be backing him and showing faith that he can get back to the player he was first half of season- Monk is just deluded if he just sidelines players who have played well, for someone who is clearly just useless. Terrible man management.

Get him back in ffs and providing the supply for Fletcher. That's what worked so well first half. If Monk can't see that he should go right now. 

Agree and why take FF of instead of him when we need a bit of magic from somewhere.