• Murphy
    • Lee
    • Forestieri
    • Da Cruz
    • Bannan
    • Lees
    • Fletcher
    • Hunt

Voted for Iorfa. Not everyone played well but an injury ravaged team in historically bad form not embarrassing themselves against that Man City side is probably the best we could have realistically hoped for.

On Saturday I felt that playing Pelupessy would have been a better option than not playing a stopper in midfield at all. Today, all he really did was provide an extra body. We really need Luogo back, and we've missed Reach so much on this run.

Wildsmith my MOM though his distribution could have been a little better.

Iorfa had a great game and Hunt showed lots of promise when he came on, I'd give him a start on Saturday. 

Edited by bradowl

It's clear WHY Monk set us up the in way he did, and it might've paid off too

But it made for anxious viewing - although it did provide something for Keown to harp on about, and on, and on

In the end, the effort our players put in was the main highlight for me rather than the quality of their play - with two notable exceptions

Wildsmith  -  8    would've deserved 9 and MOM if he'd have kept that shot out, but he impressed me.  Really hope he keeps the shirt now

Palmer  -  6   did okay, should never have been booked

Iorfa  -  9   outstanding, I honestly thought he was the best player on the pitch

Borner  -  7  injured?  Hope not.  Couple of nervy moments but he never really looked out of place against classy opponents

Fox  -  7  worked hard to keep Mahrez quiet, he was out on his feet by the finish

Pelupessy  -  6  fairly sure he did what Monk asked of him, never switched off

Lee  -  7  another who worked hard but seemed to tire early, hope he's not injured and all

Bannan  -  6  being generous there.  Nothing much came off for him and he was getting ratty towards the end

Murphy  -  7  looked like our best outlet going forward but spent most of the game helping Palmer out in defence

Da Cruz  -  5  not about to slag him off when he's hardly got going yet, but I'd have preferred Harris starting this one

Forestieri  -  6  disappointed to see him subbed so early, we needed all the flair we could get

Lees  -  6  never really screwed up or anything but I thought we looked better with Borner on the park

Fletcher  -  6  also being generous tbf.  Fletch is a big player for us but we might have fared better with Atdhe on instead

Hunt  -  7  did well on his home debut, he even had Keown saying nice things about him 

15 hours ago, Morepork said:

The commentator said weak hand from Wildsmith but it wasn't. Watch it again, his hand is just slightly too low, that results in the lift and top spin on the ball, Same end result mind. I felt he deserved a bit more luck, did a solid job IMO.

If he had got a little bit more on it, it would have gone over the bar, very unlucky in my opinion,  but when did we get any luck?

7 hours ago, OWO said:

If he had got a little bit more on it, it would have gone over the bar, very unlucky in my opinion,  but when did we get any luck?

His hand was on the underside of the ball weren't it.

I thought he'd got enough on it but he might have slightly lost sight of it as it arrowed through Iorfas legs. He'll be disappointed but bit unlucky an all with the  spin and dip when it came down.

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.

12 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Voted Wildsmith. Chucked in at the deep end & didn't look overwhelmed. Would have been 3 or 4 if it wasn't for him. Better kicking & handling than Dawson too.

One small gripe; with 2 minutes to go he had it in his hands from a City cross, & amazingly, we had 2 players on halfway, but he chose to throw it towards Foxy bingo & straight out of play! 

Thought he did well after so long out of the side. Especially coming into such a big fixtures.