• Murphy
    • Lee
    • Forestieri
    • Da Cruz
    • Bannan
    • Lees
    • Fletcher
    • Hunt

The commentator said weak hand from Wildsmith but it wasn't. Watch it again, his hand is just slightly too low, that results in the lift and top spin on the ball, Same end result mind. I felt he deserved a bit more luck, did a solid job IMO.

• Like 2

Iorfa closely followed by Wildsmith. Both full backs did well too. Lee and Hunt showed some energy in midfield. Fernando worked hard. Murphy was decent in first half. Pelepussy filled a lot of gaps and did a lot of tracking, but zero in possession. Borner got away with some risky play. Lees has zero confidence. The less said about Da Cruz and Bannan the better. 

• Thanks 1

All of them take great credit tonight.

9 - Iorfa - showed he really can be a Prem player.

8 - Wildsmith - very good night against the very best

7 - Murphy - showed Prem quality

7 - Fox, Lee, Palmer - did really well against top quality players

7 - all the rest. Nobody deserves less in a one-nil to City. Wish we showed the same spirit against Reading, Blackburn etc 

• Haha 1

Wildsmith - 7 wonderful saves in the second half, but ultimately a mistake that cost the game. Nice to see a keeper actually save some shots though

Palmer - 9 never felt like his side was a major issue for us. Looked relatively comfortable for the most part

Iorfa - 10 given the opposition that was a wonderful performance. Shame Monk has a rash towards playing him with Börner for 90 mins

Börner - 7 a little bit harem scarem but we gave away zero shots on target and he (sometimes unadvisablely) tried to play a bit of football. Shouldn’t have wasted a sub

Fox - 8 was in for a tough night against a real footballing elite and did pretty well. 

Murphy - 8 started brightly but then spent most of his time mucking out with Palmer in the RB slot...which he did very well at 

Lee - 7 tracked, harried, hustled...passing wasn’t quite as sharp as usual.

Pelupessy - 5 meh. Waste of a shirt

Bannan - 8 one of a few who looked like the actually had the ability to retain the ball. Worked damn hard defensively. Completely ran out of beans on 75 mins

Da Cruz - 4 abject

FF - 8 like Bannan, looked our best option to cause problems by actually having some mastery over the ball.

Monk - hmm game plan was fine, glad we had a couple of players willing to get forward. Didn’t mind we tried to keep it tight and go for an equaliser in the last 10...problem was his terrible first 2 subs had already killed us. 

Iorfa by a billion miles 

Apart from him I thought we were pretty poor. 

They are obviously top quality but they didn’t need to get out of first gear. 

I thought we defended well due to pure numbers rather than organisation or individual displays. (Did Borner look totally lost in the first half to anyone else) 

There are too many in our squad that are not comfortable at all with the ball, can’t argue with effort but we should have better at this level. 

Having said that I’d have taken 1-0 at the start when I saw the teams. 

Mention for the young lad hunt that came on. Showed more composure than most and put in an excellent ball late on. Looks a footballer. Hope it continues 

Wildsmith played a brilliant game to say he has been out for18 months ,unlucky with the marginally offside goal , which could have gone any where tbh but just our luck ,  , Iorfa was a very close second though 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Morepork said:

The commentator said weak hand from Wildsmith but it wasn't. Watch it again, his hand is just slightly too low, that results in the lift and top spin on the ball, Same end result mind. I felt he deserved a bit more luck, did a solid job IMO.

true the ball could have ended up anywhere but of course we are Wednesday so the usual luck played a part