Got to take the positives out of that.

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

A team lacking in confidence, against one of the best sides in Europe let alone England what do you really expect? 

Some fight???? 

Shrewsbury at home versus Liverpool. Can we not expect the same? FFS.

Edited by GMOwl72

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

No complaints about the effort put in...I would ask how the f.ook monk thought taking FF off helped Da Cruz was doing naff all..Forestieri was giving them something to think about....Lee was running on empty , bloody stupid substitution in my opinion..

Forestieri looked like Messi next to Da Cruz. 

I'm pretty happy with the performance, it was about right. We perhaps could have had a pop at them early in either half when they might not have expected it. To mount an energetic last 15 is a big ask after chasing shadows for over an hour. 

My only criticism is the 4 or 5 opportunities we had to put good ball in from set pieces. It is about the only feasible way we could hope to upset them and we didn't execute a single one of the set pieces. 

Just now, asteener1867 said:

No complaints about the effort put in...I would ask how the f.ook monk thought taking FF off helped Da Cruz was doing naff all..Forestieri was giving them something to think about....Lee was running on empty , bloody stupid substitution in my opinion..

Yeah was surprised he took FF off, thought Cruz considering who he was up against did reasonably well.

Lee might have been on empty but Pelupessy hadn't even filled up.  

Effort was there, some we know are clearly not championship quality, never mind competing with Man City. 

Disappointed we didnt have more of a go, but sometimes the opposition make it difficult and they are an elite team.

I know it's not all about money, but I'd wager Aguero earns more than our matchday squad combined and their subs bench comfortably worth more than our club at the moment, such is the gulf. 

We kept them honest and the scoreline respectable. If we carry that effort into Saturdays game, we have every chance of a positive result. 

• Thanks 1

Clear the ball to half way, let them come back at us. Repeat for 90 mins.

What happened the one time we pressed higher up the pitch?  We won the ball and Hunt sent it across goal for our best ‘chance’ of the game.

Ok some back to the wall defending, ragged at times and not pretty and they had 5 or 6 very good chances to score.

Yes I know it’s Man City but if we always settle for second best that what we will get. Never expected a win, more like a 4-0 defeat (which let’s be honest it could easily have been)

Just now, GMOwl72 said:

Clear the ball to half way, let them come back at us. Repeat for 90 mins.

What happened the one time we pressed higher up the pitch?  We won the ball and Hunt sent it across goal for our best ‘chance’ of the game.

Ok some back to the wall defending, ragged at times and not pretty and they had 5 or 6 very good chances to score.

Yes I know it’s Man City but if we always settle for second best that what we will get. Never expected a win, more like a 4-0 defeat (which let’s be honest it could easily have been)

Like a bloody pinball machine the way they ping it about.,,..The defence were admirable, but it was always coming..What we had to do was keep the damage to a minimum and hope to nick one...Once Forestieri went off that became virtually impossible

12 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Then you would be on here moaning 'why didn't we defend better', after they cruise to a high score win.

No. Was expecting a hammering if honest. I just don’t like to go out with a whimper. Maybe you do?