Got to take the positives out of that.

You could always pick at manager decisions, tactical execution or individual performances etc but I don't think that's fair tonight.

We did well under the circumstances, I'd prefer to focus on the positives tonight and regardless of the result there were plenty.

All that said.....please put a f*****g shift in on those set piece routines and delivery!! lol

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Personally I think more positives than negatives tonight: 

- Kept the result respectful, I’m sure game plan be keep it tight and try and nick one

- Iorfa is a man mountain! If we play him CB every week he’s a star in the making

- Hunt looked decent 

- Lees, despite a rocky start seemed to gain confidence as game went on

Anyone disappointed with tonight can’t be watching us week in week out! Even our limited attacking was better tonight in first 20 and last 10mins than it has been for at least half a dozen games this season against vastly superior opposition. 

Guest domSWFC

I think that was a very positive performance. 

We defended well and stayed solid as a unit. 

We found a replacement for Westwood as #1.

We played out from the back and looked to build.

Murphy megged Otamendi, Borner skilled Silva and Bannan did a filthy skill past Mahrez. All nice to see. 

Iorfa is an absolute unit. Should be our holding midfielder. Pace, power and looks to pass forward.

I’d love to take the positives out of it and take it into next week.. however I know we won’t. We are so up and down. Although we defended well.. I think we should have gone for it in last 30min. No point defending for 90 mins of your never gunna threaten there goal. 

3 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I’d love to take the positives out of it and take it into next week.. however I know we won’t. We are so up and down. Although we defended well.. I think we should have gone for it in last 30min. No point defending for 90 mins of your never gunna threaten there goal. 

That's the big thing isn't it, the reaction Monk keeps asking for, the one that never comes. Fingers crossed.

I thought we were probably right in terms of when we had a crack at it, 0-1 last 15 try to rattle them, Fletch gets on the end of that Hunt cross and who knows. 

• Like 1

Respectable score but could have been many more.

Zero goal threat from us.

No urgency - 1-0 down at home with 20 mins to go and still playing like it’s 0-0

Defensive line not on same wavelength especially Borner and Palmer - always 3/4 yards deeper than others.

Midfield non existent

Not embarrassed on national tv .........Priceless!.

I like it in this thread 😀 Some of the comments on hear tonight make you realise how certain people just love having a moan.  I’ve been critical of numerous performances this season, but not that one.  Lots of hard work and a handful of good individual performances is as good as we could reasonably expect.

There are a few teams in the Prem who would be pleased just to keep the score at a reasonable level against City.

We showed some spirit and only a poxy goal in the end kept it from going to extra time.

Shame we couldn't get forward more but if we ventured forward  to often they would have cut us to pieces as they do so often even to the very best teams.

To say some fans were predicting a cricket score it wasn't a bad effort.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GMOwl72 said:

Respectable score but could have been many more.

Zero goal threat from us.

No urgency - 1-0 down at home with 20 mins to go and still playing like it’s 0-0

Defensive line not on same wavelength especially Borner and Palmer - always 3/4 yards deeper than others.

Midfield non existent

Not embarrassed on national tv .........Priceless!.

A team lacking in confidence, against one of the best sides in Europe let alone England what do you really expect?