Announcers just destroyed Joey P

3 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

If he really made 0 tackles in a game as a defensive midfielder that just sums him up..... truly terrible, total passenger

Not sure how accurated WhoScored is, but they've got Pelupessy down as 13 touches, 0 tackles and dispossessed once. :duntmatter:

55 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Not sure how accurated WhoScored is, but they've got Pelupessy down as 13 touches, 0 tackles and dispossessed once. :duntmatter:

54 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Three in the first half

50 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

touches or tackles?

We can only dream of this being the case!

3 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Quote from this morning's Daily Telegraph.

"The dominance was summed up by the fact that Wednesday's Joey Pelupessey touched the ball just three times in the first half. And he was playing in central midfield."

Irrespective of last nights performance, the worrying thing is that he will play in exactly the same way in any of the remaining games this season while we are struggling against relegation, and if that happens I dread to think how he would perform against lower league cloggers.

If only they knew that was a typical Pelupessy performance

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t think Pelupessey has been a stand out bad player tonight.

To be fair to Pelupessy, I think he contributed slightly more to what he was supposed to be doing in the game with his running around and getting in City players way, than Forestieri, who looked woefully out of pace, out of strength and out of ideas last night, not even alert or fast enough to get into the middle when our wingers were battling their way down the wings. He looked a shadow of the player he was, but unfortunately last night we did not have anybody better than him available to play. For me they were the two weakest players on the pitch last night and with two stronger players in these positions I think we could have given Man City more of a game in their half.

I know Fletch has been decent for us this season, but unless he takes a big drop in wages, we need to bring in a couple of players who are strong, fast and capable of scoring more goals, while getting rid of at least Rhodes & Winnall for whatever we can get. DC needs to keep out of it and let people who can make financial decisions for the good of the club, get on with their jobs while he goes off on another 6 month jolly. When he comes back, Rhodes will be out on loan until his contract end with his wages off the books, Winnal will be playing for somebody else and Fletcher will either be playing for a lot less, or out playing for somebody else with deep pockets, while we get to watch strikers that terrify oppositions defences and put the ball in the net on a more regular basis. That's my dream anyway, let's inundate DC with holiday brochures!

lol

Edited by Ante's Bubbly

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

Yes just seen that, narrowly in front of Forestieri, who beat him for worst player on the pitch award.

If you look at the heat maps for the two you can see that Pessy covered a lot more ground though which earned him those extra points, very similar to Lee but maybe just a little less around the outside centre of our box. I think Lee and Pessy worked hard, but neither were good enough to affect the game much for us other than chasing their players down and giving them less time to dwell on the ball.

3 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

He is the modern day James O’Connor.

just fails to get to the ball,

just fails to get a tackle in,

hits the pass just too short/too long

Cant shoot 

Adds very little. 

Gets picked a lot. 

I think J O'C had more to his game.....I know that isn't saying much

10 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

I don't doubt for a second they were trying, Pep was "furious" in his own ways on the side over his side's inability to break us down. Which makes the defeat a little worse, because this cup tie was there for the taking.

lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

I don't doubt for a second they were trying, Pep was "furious" in his own ways on the side over his side's inability to break us down. Which makes the defeat a little worse, because this cup tie was there for the taking. We were never going to have much possession, but if you take your chances when you do have the ball, you don't need much possession to score a goal. Bravo and the City defense didn't impress me much; we just didn't have any creativity or will to challenge them on the offense.

The first time in my lifetime supporting Wednesday (two weeks and one day) that I actually felt we set up to lose from the start. Just not by a big margin.