Jump to content

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Totally agree. Social Media and Owlstalk would be in absolute meltdown if Dawson conceded that ... coronovirus jokes, flapper, biscuit wrists, worst keeper we've had, can't do this, can't do that etc ...

 

Wildsmith comes in and does a good job and probably deserves a run of games however, no disputing that. Give Dawson a break from the boo boys and to get his head back on the game. I still think overall, Dawson is the better keeper but Wildsmith does deserve a chance

 

 


All about opinions but personally I think we’d have conceded 2 or 3 last night with Dawson in goal.

 

Wildsmith made a couple of excellent saves in the second half.

 

City had 9 shots on target last night, Dawson’s save percentage over the last two seasons is 64% so going by the stats you’d have expected him to concede more than 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wildsmith is the clear choice for me

 

Both probably equal in shot stopping, but Joe’s kicking is far better and he pissses about with the ball less than Dawson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Maxine said:

Wow he was brilliant tonight. 

steady on ,I think we must have very low standards due to how bad dawson and westwood have been. he did better than what I thought though , but cost us the goal and made another error what nearly led to a goal , but considering everything and how bad he has been for u23s and playing against a team like city I thought he did really well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

steady on ,I think we must have very low standards due to how bad dawson and westwood have been. he did better than what I thought though , but cost us the goal and made another error what nearly led to a goal , but considering everything and how bad he has been for u23s and playing against a team like city I thought he did really well. 

I thought he did better than that some of his saves were excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wildsmith did well last night. He needs to cut his hair though... :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Fully deserves to start against Brentford imo. Made a few good saves last night against one of the best teams in Europe. Think it would be a poor decision and send out a bad message from Monk if he drops him after last night. 

 

...and you would never expect a poor decision from Monk now would you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's Wildsmith's best performance since the first Pirates of the Caribbean

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joe's gonna be England no 1 it's nailed on now, he's grown a bit of facial hair and the pony tails growing quickly..... 

He's now morphing into David Seamen. 

 

Joking aside thought he did well last night, if I'm being critical could have done better on a couple of occasions, but overall solid and looked more confident then he did last time he had a run in the first team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Owls2k said:

If Dawson let’s that goal in he gets pelters. We know it’s true, but some won’t admit it. 
 

I’d be happy with either of them in goal. The quicker Westwood is gone for good the better for all involved. 

Probably an unpopular remark with quite a few on here bud, but I tend to agree that the Westwood situation has maybe hindered both Dawson and wildsmiths development, made worse by some thinking we should be chasing autos which was never really going to be the case. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A large percentage of our fans are unbelievably short sighted and over reactionary.

 

Joe did ok last night. The saves he made were probably saves you'd expect any professional to make. He was though at fault for the goal and got away with another one. His distribution on occasions was also not great. At the end when he threw the ball straight out for example.

 

He's also not been fantastic for the under 23's. But after one game so many are now saying he has to be our number 1, it's madness. It's only a couple of months ago when Dawson was loved and folk were crying out for him to get a new contract. Now he's practically being tossed onto the rubbish pile by some

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

A large percentage of our fans are unbelievably short sighted and over reactionary.

 

Joe did ok last night. The saves he made were probably saves you'd expect any professional to make. He was though at fault for the goal and got away with another one. His distribution on occasions was also not great. At the end when he threw the ball straight out for example.

 

He's also not been fantastic for the under 23's. But after one game so many are now saying he has to be our number 1, it's madness. It's only a couple of months ago when Dawson was loved and folk were crying out for him to get a new contract. Now he's practically being tossed onto the rubbish pile by some

Absolutely this

 

I like Wildsmith and I thought he would progress more when he first came into the team. Injuries and loss of from have conspired.

 

As for last night. He did OK. He made some routine saves and a few good ones but nothing spectacular. He was at fault for the goal too. As some have already said if Dawson lets that in he gets lambasted.

 

With some of our fans Wildsmith is now a saviour and  Dawson is useless. Neither of which are true.

 

Based on last night Wildsmith probably deserves to keep his place overall, Going forward my money is on Dawson to be better of the two. It would be ideal if they could both fulfil their clear potential and push each other to the limit for the good of the team in years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think he was at fault, so to speak.... But could have done better with it.

 

It's not like he kicked the ball directly to an opponent, that's what I class as "at fault".

 

Surely Wildsmith is only as much as at fault as Big Dom was, as he allowed Aguero to turn him and get a shot off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

I don't think he was at fault, so to speak.... But could have done better with it.

 

It's not like he kicked the ball directly to an opponent, that's what I class as "at fault".

 

Surely Wildsmith is only as much as at fault as Big Dom was, as he allowed Aguero to turn him and get a shot off

Getting turned by one of the best centre forwards in Premier League history or letting the ball from a decent but saveable shot spin off of your hand?

 

I’d seriously question that makes Iorfa as much at fault

 

Speaking of Iorfa, my man of the match for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...