Zero expectation

Guest Theboylangers
1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

Even if we were playing well and were top of the championship. , we would get stuffed.

Its an unfair contest, everyone know the outcome. Really giant killing in the cups now is extremely rare.

Didn't Wigan beat Man City in the cup in the last couple of seasons? 

I agree that we would be unlikely winners but anything can happen. 

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I can't ever remember going into a game before feeling we have absolutely no chance. Like, not even a teeny weeny bit of hope we can get a result of any kind.

Have we ever been bigger underdogs in a game?

Last time we played City in FA Cup, they had beaten us 7-0 a few months earlier in League Cup. 

2 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

I can't ever remember going into a game before feeling we have absolutely no chance. Like, not even a teeny weeny bit of hope we can get a result of any kind.

Have we ever been bigger underdogs in a game?

I find where Wednesday are concerned that the amount of expectation and excitement I have for an up and coming game is often inversely proportional to how things turn out. Because of that I try not to get too down and hope that as sometimes happens I’ll be pleasantly surprised. Even if we lose tonight, a good battling performance where we are in with a chance for a while would at least give us all a lift and let’s remember that lowly Norwich beat their full strength team so miracles do happen.