Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, martyn8484 said:

I hope that C0ckwomble isn't commentating tonight, he seems to hate us with a passion, does zero research and generally needs a good kick in the nuts.

Don't think he hates us. He's just clueless and therefore makes ill informed comments. 

 

The likes of him, Keown and Garth Crooks need putting out to pasture. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Don't think he hates us. He's just clueless and therefore makes ill informed comments. 

 

The likes of him, Keown and Garth Crooks need putting out to pasture. 

 

The BBC as a whole is shocking when it comes to football 

 

This should have been the clubs main selling point!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

He gets paid to talk rubbish.

 

Let's be honest he's not going to put hours of research into a midtable championship club is he?

 

He will get paid if he does or doesn't so why work harder?

 

He will just talk about City all night anyway and when he does mention us he will call us "Sheffield".

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think Lawro hates us.  

 

He’s just a lazy ex-pro that has lost his love for the game but keeps up his media work because the money is too good to turn down.

 

Watching SWFC is a bad enough for those of us that have an emotional investment in the club, let alone for those that don’t.  Do you honestly expect commentators to fake interest about us?  As though the last 25 years haven’t happened and pretend that we’re still a big draw?

Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s the problem with most “pundits”. They know nothing about the game outside the top flight. Fully expect whoever is commentating to be flabbergasted that the ground is half empty, without knowing the full facts of our situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Castleford Owl said:

That’s the problem with most “pundits”. They know nothing about the game outside the top flight. Fully expect whoever is commentating to be flabbergasted that the ground is half empty, without knowing the full facts of our situation.

I'm not even watching it on TV. Know it will just wee wee me off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Littleowl74 said:

I think we are probably irrelevant to him which is worse than him hating us. Agree with the research part. Was poor last time he commentated on us. 

Like the away game at Swansea a couple of years ago. 

Regularly commented on our injury list and how the manger had just joined. 

Some people on here ought to look up the word research.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:


 

Let’s be honest here people

 

Everyone slates EVERY pundit 

 

TV, Sky Sports, BBC, Radio pundits, the lot

 

Its the current fashion to just slate pundits

What annoys me about them is that they have a huge platform, in which they often espouse ill informed views which can shape the media agenda. 

 

I agree though that the whole "he hates us" thing is embarrassing. 99% of pundits will be totally indifferent to us. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tbf, Lawro is a Preston North End fan, so he is probably more likely to have some knowledge about us (and how crap we currently are) than the other pundits. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say though that he is an awful co-commentator and has been for years now. 

 

Seems to be very much aware of the fact that he is know for being dour and miserable, so plays up to it for the cameras. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

I don’t think Lawro hates us.  

 

He’s just a lazy ex-pro that has lost his love for the game but keeps up his media work because the money is too good to turn down.

 

Watching SWFC is a bad enough for those of us that have an emotional investment in the club, let alone for those that don’t.  Do you honestly expect commentators to fake interest about us?  As though the last 25 years haven’t happened and pretend that we’re still a big draw?

Interest, no! Research in order to to a professional job, yes!

 

Two years ago at Swansea he refused to believe the commentator who stated we had 15 first team players out injured. A bit of research would have told that was the case. It's plain ignorant.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...