The best and the worst

Hi everyone

i would like to know the best and the worst individual and team performance you’ve ever seen live

i will let you include opposition sides and players

my best team performance would probably be when we beat Coventry 5-1 at home in the 02/03 season with McLaren scoring from 40 yards, or beating Leicester away 4-1 in 06/07 with 3 screamers in 5 minutes

individually would probably be Chris brunt running the show in countless games in the same era

thanks

Bye

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

I like the ‘thanks and ‘bye’ at the end of your post.

Anyway I’d go

Best - The 5-0 Waddle game against West Ham

Worst - The 0-5 against Blackburn this season 

Yep not far off 

• Like 1

Best - Away at Blackburn - League Cup and Semi-Final at Wembley v them.

Worst - 3-1 at home to them.  Pissingit down, Chris Woods/Bobby Davison night. FA Cup Final replay - Woods again!

That’s for us.  Will have a think about others.

thanks

Bye

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 1

Best team performance - Nottingham Forest 0 - 3 Wednesday March 2016 Bannan got sent off but we still smashed them

Worst team performance - Wednesday 0 - 3 Burton Albion new year's Day 2018

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

Worst - 3-1 at home to them.  Pissingit down, Chris Woods/Bobby Davison night. FA Cup Final replay - Woods again!

thanks

Bye

Bye Bert , ;)

• Haha 1

I tired not to choose the obvious ones for the best but I do remember being at St James Park in August 1996 when we came from behind to beat Newcastle to go top of the League. Without looking it up I think Newcastle had in they starting line up Shearer, Ginola, Les Ferdinand and Asprilla. I can remember shaking with the excitement walking out of the grounds that day.

Think worse was losing 5-1 at Stevenage in 2011 and the recent 5-0 loss at home to Blackburn. 

SWFC TEAM

Best  -  Ipswich Town 0  -  2  Sheffield Wednesday 2  1990

Worst  -  Sheffield Wednesday 0  -  3  Port Vale  1975

SWFC INDIVIDUAL

Best  -  David Hirst v Hull City  1990

Worst  -  There are literally thousands to pick from , so i will go with David Johnson (not the loanee)  v Aston Villa  1992 as i dont think i have seen anyone look so out of their depth.

11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

thanks

Bye

Same for me. 

• Like 1

Best

Brighton in the semi final first leg or Leeds 6-0

Worst 

Either the 2-2 draw with 9 man Yeovil or 5-1 at stevenage. 

Individual

Worst - Beswetherick getting subbed after 17 mins against Grimsby, or Chris Carr v QPR or any Jay Bothroyd performance 

Best - owen at Hillsborough with the hattrick or for us I'd say humphries when he initially broke through gave a couple of good performances and scored 2 or 3 worldies, or used to love carbone

14 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

SWFC TEAM

Best  -  Ipswich Town 0  -  2  Sheffield Wednesday 2  1990

Worst  -  Sheffield Wednesday 0  -  3  Port Vale  1975

SWFC INDIVIDUAL

Best  -  David Hirst v Hull City  1990

Worst  -  There are literally thousands to pick from , so i will go with David Johnson (not the loanee)  v Aston Villa  1992 as i dont think i have seen anyone look so out of their depth.

I did my coaching badge with Worthington, Pearson, Shirtliff and David Johnson. In one of the drills I was marking  David Johnson. The ball was played in to him and he dropped his left shoulder. As I was still moving across to block him he'd swivelled the other way and put it in the top corner. I played at a decent standard but that day taught me how good the pro's must be when someone who looked so poor on the odd occasions he played for us could mug me like that. I rarely slag players off as a result, other than if they don't put the effort in. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Best   6-0 vs L*eds

Worst  tonight vs Man City :ph34r:

Thanks

Kind Regards

Bye

Best - defo Boxing Day Massacre, was only a kid, on uncovered Kop expecting a defeat, hoping for a win, bit like tonight (without the open Kop of course)

Worse - 9 man Yeovil (had to pick one from many)

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"