@owlstalk

Who appreciates this lad?

Posted (edited)

Yes it's nice once you get used to a few fourty yarders going in. Brunt often seemed more surprised than us ! A good long throw too that won us a few goals.

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Like 1

Absolutely worshipped at WBA as well, shame he never made it in the Prem with us. 

Tremendous player on his day and even on an off day it didn't surprise you when he suddenly hit one of his specials. 

• Like 1

Wand of a left foot. The 40 yarder away at Leeds. What a goal and what a day that was

1 hour ago, Hughdowd said:

Chris Turner (for all his faults ) managed to find him and whelan .........Why can’t we find players like these now ???

Because our scouting network was run down to the point where we had 1 scout in total when Milan took over. It takes years to build back up again.

Said at the start of the season that he could do the holding midfield job for us.

All the experienced knowall's on here slated the idea.

Absolute wand of left foot.

Whelan and Brunt where way ahead of where we were at that time. 

12 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Wand of a left foot. The 40 yarder away at Leeds. What a goal and what a day that was

Good times...that away end was full to bursting, we had the full end behind the goal!! Not like these days...sheep penned in that little corner!!

Slightly off topic...i didn't realise Whelan as ended up at Fleetwood.

6 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Good times...that away end was full to bursting, we had the full end behind the goal!! Not like these days...sheep penned in that little corner!!

Yes I was in the corner between that and the main stand. Cheese wedge I think they call it. We must have taken about 5,000. 

Leeds fans going for us as they were heading for relegation. Jermaine Johnson bagged his first goal for us. Great day and a good season that under Laws

Hard to say cos Chris Brunts fat arm is in front of his face 

*Joke

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Yes I was in the corner between that and the main stand. Cheese wedge I think they call it. We must have taken about 5,000. 

Leeds fans going for us as they were heading for relegation. Jermaine Johnson bagged his first goal for us. Great day and a good season that under Laws

I’m sure wade small scored as well. Top day