We do have something to lose tomorrow

9 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

People usually  say that when teams come up against far superior opposition in the cup that they have nothing to lose. I understand in situations where it is non league or league 1/2 against premier league teams. 

This certainly doesn’t apply to us, regardless of how good man city are. We will be outplayed technically from minute 1, we will not be criticised for this. What we will be criticised for is a lack of grit and certain not willing to put their bodies on the line. If we don’t see much of this tomorrow then this will send out a big message. You can say it’s monks fault for being ‘thrown under the bus’, but one of the major strengths of a Decent manager is being able to manage the dressing room, which has not been evident since Christmas. 

Totally disagree, for me if we turn up tomorrow, then it really underlines the total lack of commitment the players have, that they try when they want and not for the club. 

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

With regards to Monk, I’m all for him getting a chance to sort things out one minute then want him out the next. The more I think about it, I just think he’s gone past the point of no return very much like Jos did. Would anyone on here really trust him to carry out the necessary rebuild given what we’ve seen from his tenure here so far?

Sadly I agree.

We need a totally new start. We should say thank you, yet goodbye. These failings have tainted him too I feel. 

12 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

So if the players don't perform tomorrow it's because Monk has lost the dressing room and nothing to do with the individual players themselves? Players that have let themselves and the fans down consistently this season. 

Probably closest to a combination of the two-players and Monk

So the OP has made up a hypothetical situation, where the players don't bother to try against one of the best teams in the World, to blame the manager.

How does that even enter your head? How do the players avoid culpability in this made-up situation?

Quite staggering. 

23 hours ago, Sefton owl said:

People usually  say that when teams come up against far superior opposition in the cup that they have nothing to lose. I understand in situations where it is non league or league 1/2 against premier league teams. 

This certainly doesn’t apply to us, regardless of how good man city are. We will be outplayed technically from minute 1, we will not be criticised for this. What we will be criticised for is a lack of grit and certain not willing to put their bodies on the line. If we don’t see much of this tomorrow then this will send out a big message. You can say it’s monks fault for being ‘thrown under the bus’, but one of the major strengths of a Decent manager is being able to manage the dressing room, which has not been evident since Christmas. 

Big worry is we're a team that low on confidence, it's basically at rock bottom. Just think what an absolute pasting will do to us. Could have the opposite effect as well, a decent showing could make us kick on. Sadly I think it'll be the former with a drubbing coming our way