Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:


How can the first one be his fault, he’s in the left wing slot. 


Just where you want your CM player.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Borner had no chance with that Harris pass.....................

Agreed. He still needs too much time on and off the ball for the English game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Philb125 said:


Considering how Bannan always wants the ball it’s noticeable that he’s nowhere near the centre of park where both these passes are played into. Just look at his arm waving and reaction times for first one. 

 

He also comes into a bad area for the second and confuses Harris (if BB had stayed forward the space would have been there) however after it's just as normal, the man runs off Bannan and scores.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Junk Smuggler said:


Just where you want your CM player.

Give over

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Give over


I rate Bannan with ball at feet but any coach worth his salt will target CM to attack or pressure us if players wander. Doesn’t matter if that’s Bannan or anyone else, it’s a fact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing how some people want to blame Bannan

 

Harris just completely took Bannan and Börner out of the game


Players shouldn’t be in positions in case their team mates mistakenly give the ball away - that’s the epitome of not trusting your team-mates and not thinking positively...which guess what, the same posters probably give him gip for

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Amazing how some people want to blame Bannan

 

Harris just completely took Bannan and Börner out of the game


Players shouldn’t be in positions in case their team mates mistakenly give the ball away - that’s the epitome of not trusting your team-mates and not thinking positively...which guess what, the same posters probably give him gip for

 


It’s not just where he is or what he’s doing at point of mistake, it’s how he reacts to the mistake. Watch both clips, watch the players around him, watch the ref in the first one who jogs to keep up with play whilst Bannan disappears out of frame. 
 

I salute your effort on trying to defend him, you’ve in two or three posts exerted more effort and desire than he does in both those clips. 

 

Mistakes happen, passes go astray and you can’t do anything about that. But what you can do, 100% of the time is try to get back into a defensive position. Track the opposition runners, show as much desire as they have. If you just stand there watching them run past you then you may as well not be on the pitch. 
 

First clip doesn’t highlight Bannans refusal to track back as ball is played to other side of pitch, but if it had of gone right there’s an overload. 
 

Second clip is pathetic as he watches the goal scorer run off him into the box. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Amazing how some people want to blame Bannan

 

Harris just completely took Bannan and Börner out of the game


Players shouldn’t be in positions in case their team mates mistakenly give the ball away - that’s the epitome of not trusting your team-mates and not thinking positively...which guess what, the same posters probably give him gip for

 

Of course Harris takes most of the blame for goal because of his misplaced pass but there’s no excuse for Bannan’s reaction and complete lack of effort to track the goal scorer. Borner was blameless.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Dawson should have find better in the second as well imo. 

Look at it again. Palmer bang in line between Lawrence & Dawson when the shot was struck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Not condoning the mistakes, but watching them again, Lee does brilliantly to get back after Lees' error and gets in a great tackle, only for the ball to squirm straight to Lawrence. And for goal 3 it looked as if Borner could have won that 'pass' from Harris if he'd have gone forward hard and not decided to go backwards and let their kid have it. Just saying.

“Just saying” is a really irritating addition to the end of posts...it really bugs me.

Just saying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

Look at it again. Palmer bang in line between Lawrence & Dawson when the shot was struck. 


look how close the ball is to dawson, he may have even got a soft touch on it with even extending his arms. 
 

it was well place but it was straight and it certainly wasn’t hit with power!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

Look at it again. Palmer bang in line between Lawrence & Dawson when the shot was struck. 


And yet he still got a hand to it...and yet it still went in.

 

Should have done better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philb125 said:


It’s not just where he is or what he’s doing at point of mistake, it’s how he reacts to the mistake. Watch both clips, watch the players around him, watch the ref in the first one who jogs to keep up with play whilst Bannan disappears out of frame. 
 

I salute your effort on trying to defend him, you’ve in two or three posts exerted more effort and desire than he does in both those clips. 

 

Mistakes happen, passes go astray and you can’t do anything about that. But what you can do, 100% of the time is try to get back into a defensive position. Track the opposition runners, show as much desire as they have. If you just stand there watching them run past you then you may as well not be on the pitch. 
 

First clip doesn’t highlight Bannans refusal to track back as ball is played to other side of pitch, but if it had of gone right there’s an overload. 
 

Second clip is pathetic as he watches the goal scorer run off him into the box. 


Bannan keeps his shape and ultimately ends up matching up with the player he should. I would criticise him for his communication to Börner if none happens.

 

Watching it again, Börner actually gets caught ball watching and tries to close Lees’ man, which creates the space in behind him. 
 

Alternatively we could just go for U12 tactics and everyone swarm around and follow the ball rather than recognising the importance of shape and discipline 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, McRightSide said:


Bannan keeps his shape and ultimately ends up matching up with the player he should. I would criticise him for his communication to Börner if none happens.

 

Watching it again, Börner actually gets caught ball watching and tries to close Lees’ man, which creates the space in behind him. 
 

Alternatively we could just go for U12 tactics and everyone swarm around and follow the ball rather than recognising the importance of shape and discipline 


Like I said I salute your passion in defending him. Just wish he showed the same in defending / helping his team out. 
 

Guess we’ll agree to disagree as I don’t think he’s marking anyone, he’s watching like he is in the other clip.
 

Any other player showing that lack of desire would be crucified, I wonder how long he gets away with it now he’s not taking every set piece to over inflate his value to the team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Philb125 said:


Like I said I salute your passion in defending him. Just wish he showed the same in defending / helping his team out. 
 

Guess we’ll agree to disagree as I don’t think he’s marking anyone, he’s watching like he is in the other clip.
 

Any other player showing that lack of desire would be crucified, I wonder how long he gets away with it now he’s not taking every set piece to over inflate his value to the team. 


Aye.

 

It’s noticeable how dramatically our set piece conversation has dropped.


Good point that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Concrete Owl said:

Look at it again. Palmer bang in line between Lawrence & Dawson when the shot was struck. 


Plus Palmer turning away from the shot like a fairy. Just take one in the nads if you have too but block the ball FFS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If in doubt blame Dawson seems to be the line. 
 

I thought the first half Saturday was as bad as I can remember Bannan playing. Never got on the ball and never marked a player.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

Not condoning the mistakes, but watching them again, Lee does brilliantly to get back after Lees' error and gets in a great tackle, only for the ball to squirm straight to Lawrence. And for goal 3 it looked as if Borner could have won that 'pass' from Harris if he'd have gone forward hard and not decided to go backwards and let their kid have it. Just saying.

What the excuse for Dawson completely missing the ball with the second goal - did a blade of grass push his fingers back preventing him from pushing it round the post or even catching it. lol

 

We don't get beaten by excellent flowing moves from the other team, we gift the chance to the other team, this I think is the biggest frustration from the fans the complete ineptitude of our players to do the basics well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both of these goals were caused by us going backwards and sideways instead of looking to pass or dribble forward. There was also that other f**k up that Lees did where he eventually got back and recovered. We just can't get the basics right and you wonder what they do on the training ground and for how long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Lees is not a Footballer .......................he's a defender if he gets any hint of pressure his one job is get rid of the ball as far away from where he is .

It grips my poo when he takes a touch then a 2nd sometimes a third then loses out to the opposing player 

Do your job and defend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...