Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I’ve previously had ‘ITK’ contacts who said we quoted a club £6m-£8m for Palmer a couple of years back.

 

Why would anyone quote a price range?

 

Surely you'd just give a figure, not a min-max?

 

Sounds a little too 'Football Manager' game to me.

 

*goes into shop*

"I'll sell you that can of pop for £1-£3"

"OK, I'll give you £1 for it"

"But I want £3"

"You've already said you'd take £1 for it in your pricing range, why would I then give you the top of that range instead?"

"Oh yeah"

 

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Very interesting, confirming what we've already heard and suspected. 

 

Doesn't cover DC in glory. He's obviously bored and realised he's well out of his depth. 

 

The Rhodes thing, just another staggering decision in a long line of pretty terrible business decisions. 

 

Anyone know anyone with a spare £100m to but him out?

 

It wouldn't surprise me if DC asks for  £200 million for his time, effort and hurt feelings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeeJayOne said:

 

Why would anyone quote a price range?

 

Surely you'd just give a figure, not a min-max?

 

Sounds a little too 'Football Manager' game to me.

 

*goes into shop*

"I'll sell you that can of pop for £1-£3"

"OK, I'll give you £1 for it"

"But I want £3"

"You've already said you'd take £1 for it in your pricing range, why would I then give you the top of that range instead?"

"Oh yeah"

 

 


I thought I had too much time on my hands lol

 

I can’t remember if it was £6m or £8m, it was a long time ago, the point is that it was an absolutely ridiculous quotation and most likely what goes on at Wednesday continuously when you look how rarely we move players on since DC arrived 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something I heard re: Points Deduction. Could be true, might be bull.

 

The EFL have been pushing to give us maximum points deduction (21 points) knowing that we'll challenge it and get it reduced to ~12 points. They want to make an example of us for challenging them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carbone said:


I thought I had too much time on my hands lol

 

I can’t remember if it was £6m or £8m, it was a long time ago, the point is that it was an absolutely ridiculous quotation and most likely what goes on at Wednesday continuously when you look how rarely we move players on since DC arrived 

 

Ahhh, that makes sense then. :biggrin:

 

And the wider point regarding never moving anyone on is perfectly valid for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

 

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

 

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

Been told similar by someone who knows someone who works for the club. Rumours of young players being bullied. Certain players not following tactics and falling out with Monk over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, briggowl said:

Very interesting, confirming what we've already heard and suspected. 

 

Doesn't cover DC in glory. He's obviously bored and realised he's well out of his depth. 

 

The Rhodes thing, just another staggering decision in a long line of pretty terrible business decisions. 

 

Anyone know anyone with a spare £100m to but him out?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

An entire squad full of spineless overpaid wasters led by an uninspiring manager and a chairman who doesn't give 2 hoots...what a time to be alive.

Saturday was the final straw for me

You obviously didn’t read the bit about Fletcher, the legend, rating Monk as the best manager he has worked with.  Being selective is why there are so many negatives on here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I have been on here many years but never been ITK with stuff. However, today is the day after nearly a decade on Owlstalk that I join the highly esteemed likes of The Bizzle, Big Guns, Penguin and John Bloodaxe in being truly ITK. 

 

One of my friends (not an Owl) works at another Championship club and a guy who he knows from university currently works for us (I won't say the role but it is with the first team and U23). They met last week and got talking about Wednesday as he knows my family are all supporters and season ticket holders. This is what he passed on to me, some of it is very obvious stuff we can all guess, but some other things might be surprising.

 

- The first team were told that a points deduction is inevitable and is imminent (although DC is still committed to appealing it). He had heard 12 points was what had been mentioned to the first team and he does think this has really affected the performances etc

- DC wants out and has hardly spent any time at the club this season. He is also quite widely disliked by staff there

- If we do manage to stay up after a points deduction he doesn't believe DC will be spending much on big signings again

- Monk is apparently liked by the players and staff (surprising) and the way he speaks seems to indicate he plans to be here long term and use a new younger side 

- Westwood and Hutch have been pushed out after falling out with Monk. Apparently they both aren't that well - liked behind the scenes, especially with the newer players. He also described one of them as not a nice character

- There are some divisions within the dressing room 

- Fletcher is a legend and everyone loves him 

- Rhodes was due to sign for Celtic on transfer deadline day on loan but DC requested a ridiculous loan fee that Celtic didn't want to pay

- Monk has been told he can bring in his own backroom staff and wants a big turnover in the current playing squad in the summer

- In his opinion as an employee and not a supporter, the club massively lacks leadership and direction and it seems that things are just plodding along without any real aims. Just a sort of, 'let's hope we get promoted' without having any real plan. This stems from DC

- He has no idea why we haven't got a Chief Exec or an equivalent to run the day to day things at the club, especially seeing as DC is rarely ever at the club nowadays

 

Most it seems pretty plausible and nothing too groundbreaking. Enjoy garymegson

 

So your mate has basically collated every Owlstalk rumor from the last 3 months then.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He ain’t going to get anywhere near that amount, I think he’ll take what he can.

Damage  limitation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I never get is how people/club/players have been told about this impending points decision?

 

Don't we have to go through the courts/independent process first? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrucieBonus said:

 

But not having a CEO Officer around whilst he’s not here is neglecting the duty of care he has for the club.

 

I would guess that being Chairman the only duty of care he has financially is to the Shareholders.  The Shareholders are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I was told re Rhodes. This from someone who works for a sports agency.

 

A loan move was agreed before the transfer deadline day as long as the loanees could move out two of their players.

They managed to move one of their players so then asked Wednesday to reduce the loan fee they would be paying for JR.

Wednesday refused, the deal was scuppered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

One thing I never get is how people/club/players have been told about this impending points decision?

 

Don't we have to go through the courts/independent process first? 

 

I'm guessing that all the rumours are based on the fact that it is the public domain that the possible point deduction is likely to be between 12-21 depending on the outcome of the process, and that many have decided in their own heads that its going to be 12.  This gets constantly recycled as rumour, and that's all it is.  No one will know for sure until the independent panel has sat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Owlinmad said:

What I was told re Rhodes. This from someone who works for a sports agency.

 

A loan move was agreed before the transfer deadline day as long as the loanees could move out two of their players.

They managed to move one of their players so then asked Wednesday to reduce the loan fee they would be paying for JR.

Wednesday refused, the deal was scuppered.

 

Shock horror, more to a transfer falling through than DC being unreasonable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Arbitration case has nothing to do with whether the sale should be allowed or not.  It also whichever way it's resolved does not have any baring whether the club has broken rules etc.

 

The case is whether the EFL bringing the charges in the first place is lawful.

 

Until the charges hearing is held following arbitration hearing then no way I f knowing punishment which would only be decided after the hearing.

 

Thing with rumours is that it ends up being like Chinese whispers, where a initial case of players being warned that we could end up with 12 points ends up with players informed 12 points inevitable.

Thanks for the response, you obviously have an understanding of the process, so if the efl lose the arbitration hearing is that case closed or would they be able to charge us again but in a legal way? 

If we lose the hearing do we proceed to the disciplinary hearing to argue whether we have broken the rules.? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Everything you say sounds pretty plausible and wouldn’t be surprised if it’s all true. Thanks for sharing. 

Sounds believable and would seem to make sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Burnsie said:

One thing I never get is how people/club/players have been told about this impending points decision?

 

Don't we have to go through the courts/independent process first? 

Perhaps they were told what we could be facing rather than what we are facing? 

 

There is a difference. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

 

Why would anyone quote a price range?

 

Surely you'd just give a figure, not a min-max?

 

Sounds a little too 'Football Manager' game to me.

 

*goes into shop*

"I'll sell you that can of pop for £1-£3"

"OK, I'll give you £1 for it"

"But I want £3"

"You've already said you'd take £1 for it in your pricing range, why would I then give you the top of that range instead?"

"Oh yeah"

 

 

 

To be fair it's not beyond the realms of possibility given the way we've done business over the to years.

 

 

Chelsea: We'll give you  £6m for Emerson Thome.

Wednesday: Pah!  He's worth £7m easily. 

Emersons agent : If he's worth £7m why's he being paid like a £350k player? Think we need a £7m players contract 

Wednesday: You still want Emerson for £6m?

Chelsea: No. We'll give you £4m

Wednesday: Smashing,  nice doing business wih you.

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

What I was told re Rhodes. This from someone who works for a sports agency.

 

A loan move was agreed before the transfer deadline day as long as the loanees could move out two of their players.

They managed to move one of their players so then asked Wednesday to reduce the loan fee they would be paying for JR.

Wednesday refused, the deal was scuppered.

Rhodes is family. He’s going nowhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...