My First ITK

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Of course no one knew but the vast majority went along with the ride

With all due respect.... What other option did we have? 

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

We didn't need any others, it was working.

That's why fans were all for it..... I mean, what else are we supposed to do?

Just now, Bulgaria said:

That's why fans were all for it..... I mean, what else are we supposed to do?

I'm not disputing that, its people now appearing out of the woodwork with the benefit of hindsight saying they were not happy, they kept very quiet at the time, I'm as disgruntled with the current situation as the next fan but I won't pretend I wanted us to be a stable mid table side as some are now claiming.

46 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Fine if your happy to be a perennial Championship side, we had that under previous owners - no one was happy.

Under Milan we were building slowly as close to our means as possible keeping ourselves around financially viable and improving our league position from the season before. 

Yes to some the football wasn't great to watch, we had SG not pep guaduola with charm, millions to spend. 

We were like SG dogged, resolute and hard working and with clever deals like Lee, (DJ/MM), Hutch, Lees, loovens, Westwood we where heading in the right direction. 

To Then the wierd random signings started that never played costing us no doubt a fortune, the urbys or that guy from France made 3 appearances all season. Its all gone a bit down hill since and now we're going to face the repercussions of dodging the FFP however possible for the last few years, is about to catch up with us. 

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Under Milan we were building slowly as close to our means as possible keeping ourselves around financially viable and improving our league position from the season before. 

Yes to some the football wasn't great to watch, we had SG not pep guaduola with charm, millions to spend. 

We were like SG dogged, resolute and hard working and with clever deals like Lee, (DJ/MM), Hutch, Lees, loovens, Westwood we where heading in the right direction. 

To Then the wierd random signings started that never played costing us no doubt a fortune, the urbys or that guy from France made 3 appearances all season. Its all gone a bit down hill since and now we're going to face the repercussions of dodging the FFP however possible for the last few years, is about to catch up with us. 

I agree with your second point but I think your looking at the last season under MM with your rose tinted’s on, the football was dire (16 home goals all season) played on a worse pitch than Blackpool Beach, we survived because of some decent early season away form, the ground looked tatty and MM was running the club at a loss, that wouldn’t have improved.

6 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I'm not disputing that, its people now appearing out of the woodwork with the benefit of hindsight saying they were not happy, they kept very quiet at the time, I'm as disgruntled with the current situation as the next fan but I won't pretend I wanted us to be a stable mid table side as some are now claiming.

I have had this with a couple of other blind clowns on here! There are plenty of us on here who warned about the idiotic spending and have continued to do so right up to the present time. That is not people like us benefiting from the power of hindsight, it is people like you that are walking around with your eyes closed! Wake up you lot, it is going to get worse before it gets better! I am not being negative, I am a very positive person, but I can do simple maths and with DC bringing over 55 different players in since he arrived and only half a dozen of them still in our squad, did you just carry on thinking it will be alright? Really! Why bother posting on here mate, because you obviously have lots of opinions that are born in cloud cuckoo land!

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I agree with your second point but I think your looking at the last season under MM with your rose tinted’s on, the football was dire (16 home goals all season) played on a worse pitch than Blackpool Beach, we survived because of some decent early season away form, the ground looked tatty and MM was running the club at a loss, that wouldn’t have improved.

For some reason it missed the middle of my post out.?? 

Yes bud, we were running about a million over budget if I remember, but not £20+ million. 

We had been improving though you must agree, as all we really did in season 1 of DC was add a bit of creativity in Nando and goals in hooper, almost all of the side that got Dc/CC to 2 playoffs was the one we'd slowly built and been progressing under Milan and stu. About 80% of the signings we made in DCs 2nd /3rd season where appalling. 

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I have had this with a couple of other blind clowns on here! There are plenty of us on here who warned about the idiotic spending and have continued to do so right up to the present time. That is not people like us benefiting from the power of hindsight, it is people like you that are walking around with your eyes closed! Wake up you lot, it is going to get worse before it gets better! I am not being negative, I am a very positive person, but I can do simple maths and with DC bringing over 55 different players in since he arrived and only half a dozen of them still in our squad, did you just carry on thinking it will be alright? Really! Why bother posting on here mate, because you obviously have lots of opinions that are born in cloud cuckoo land!

I don't support the current regime at all, things haven't been right since the end of DC’s first season in charge, my point the entire time is that had DC followed the Brentford model (buy/sell at a profit, stay in the Championship) there’d have been uproar, I will stand by that statement. The club at the moment is a shambles.

1 minute ago, shezzas left peg said:

For some reason it missed the middle of my post out.?? 

Yes bud, we were running about a million over budget if I remember, but not £20+ million. 

We had been improving though you must agree, as all we really did in season 1 of DC was add a bit of creativity in Nando and goals in hooper, almost all of the side that got Dc/CC to 2 playoffs was the one we'd slowly built and been progressing under Milan and stu. About 80% of the signings we made in DCs 2nd /3rd season where appalling. 

We were losing £5m a year, I don't agree we would have improved with that team. I agree on the signings.

2 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

The biggest shock historically, before all the mega rich foreign owners came in, were Wimbledon, who built their success by producing players sourced from non-league or lower league clubs, improving them and selling them for a large profit. Before the ridiculous amounts of TV money turned our top flight into a football mercenary's circus, teams had to get money into the club by selling tickets and selling players. If you got big gates, you did not have to produce players, if you got small gates, like Wimbledon, you had to find them and churn them out, at a profit, just to keep going. 

More recently though, Bournemouth, the pigs, Brighton, Norwich... there are loads of clubs that do not waste money like we have and have been successful. The difference between them and us is that they have people at their clubs that understand how strong, future proof, successful, sustainable football teams can be built and we do not. Clever people can make money in this game, idiots can lose millions and Chansiri has surrounded himself with high earners that produce very little and quite a few of those have come in, taken the money and gone. That includes a lot of our players. Many of the players that have been idolised, have been paid way more than they could get elsewhere and not done anywhere near enough to justify those wages.

If a team's future success could be guaranteed by paying lots of older, unfit, injury prone players, very high wages, we would never have dropped out of the prem in the first place 20 years ago. We dropped out with such huge debts that we were stuffed for the next 15 years, just trying to pay off the interest on the debt. Luckily for us, when everybody else had given up hope, including our then owner and Chairman, he got the help from Owls fan and logically thinking, successful business man, Lee Strafford who prepared the ground with everybody involved, so that a new owner, (Milan Mandaric) could buy the club with our debt cleared, (with the bank and several of the other parties that were owed money) and the two other groups of fans that held shares giving everything up for the sake of a new fresh, debt free start for the club. Now we are so far up to our necks in debt that we are struggling already and will struggle on for a while yet, with our idiotic new owner.  We certainly are not going to get back there using the same model! 

I thought Bournemouth were fined for breaking FFP rules?

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

It may get worse before getting better but to add a touch of realism here it will be under chansiri.  We are not a valid investment for any potential new owner for the foreseeable future, it needs a year or two of controlling cost to get anywhere near that in any event DC will need to pump c£20m in to do that.

My only comment regarding MM was I was worried that when he left we could of ended up with an owner as bad as he left Portsmouth with.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I don't support the current regime at all, things haven't been right since the end of DC’s first season in charge, my point the entire time is that had DC followed the Brentford model (buy/sell at a profit, stay in the Championship) there’d have been uproar, I will stand by that statement. The club at the moment is a shambles.

You have also insulted quite a few people that warned about this situation coming around. I know that some people prefer just to stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing bad is happening or going to happen, but to flippantly say stupid things about the benefit of hindsight shows that you are either a) a windup merchant/troll, b) not been bothered about reading any of the topics relating to our idiotic owner and where he was taking us over the past three years, or c) just plain thick.

:tango:    :Chansiri:

6 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

I thought Bournemouth were fined for breaking FFP rules?

They were, but after all their careful spending and team building, they took a one off hit that was worth it because it got them promoted and the net cost was in Bournemouth's favour. I think Utd were also sailing a bit close to the wind too, but you cannot accuse DC of carefully putting together a team for the future, or investing in his manager. Bournemouth and Utd, both made lots of small improvements to their squads over a period of time and backed their managers and gave them the players that they could afford until the teams were almost ready for promotion, then overspent. By that time though, they already trusted their managers, because the teams had been improved, so the odds for the gamble were not made out of blind faith.  If DC had got total faith in Carlos, he should not have employed any of those recruitment committee people and just told Carlos that he had three years to get us promoted, here is your three years worth of money, spend it all in the summer and build a team (a bit like Wolves did), or spend it a bit at a time, year on year so that by year three we have the team that you need to get us up. If Carlos had spent the full 3 year budget on a capable set of young players, similar to the Wolves purchases and we had gone up, great, but if not, three years later he could have brought in his next manager and at least had a young enough squad and money available again to add to it and go again. 

Now it seems, that DC must put his total faith in Monk and allow him to start rebuilding the squad based on young hungry players, but with a very small budget. He may even have to do it from a lower division, where we could save a load of money by playing more of our U23 players and finding out how many of our out of contract players will be prepared to play for us again on a fraction of their present wages. You know what, I don't expect many of them to take up that option.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

They were, but after all their careful spending and team building, they took a one off hit that was worth it because it got them promoted and the net cost was in Bournemouth's favour. I think Utd were also sailing a bit close to the wind too, but you cannot accuse DC of carefully putting together a team for the future, or investing in his manager. Bournemouth and Utd, both made lots of small improvements to their squads over a period of time and backed their managers and gave them the players that they could afford until the teams were almost ready for promotion, then overspent. By that time though, they already trusted their managers, because the teams had been improved, so the odds for the gamble were not made out of blind faith.  If DC had got total faith in Carlos, he should not have employed any of those recruitment committee people and just told Carlos that he had three years to get us promoted, here is your three years worth of money, spend it all in the summer and build a team (a bit like Wolves did), or spend it a bit at a time, year on year so that by year three we have the team that you need to get us up. If Carlos had spent the full 3 year budget on a capable set of young players, similar to the Wolves purchases and we had gone up, great, but if not, three years later he could have brought in his next manager and at least had a young enough squad and money available again to add to it and go again. 

Now it seems, that DC must put his total faith in Monk and allow him to start rebuilding the squad based on young hungry players, but with a very small budget. He may even have to do it from a lower division, where we could save a load of money by playing more of our U23 players and finding out how many of our out of contract players will be prepared to play for us again on a fraction of their present wages. You know what, I don't expect many of them to take up that option.

United did sail close to the wind, during the owners court case McCabe said they would have gone into administration if it wasn`t for him.

Overspent trying to get out of League One!!! lol

1 hour ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

You have also insulted quite a few people that warned about this situation coming around. I know that some people prefer just to stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing bad is happening or going to happen, but to flippantly say stupid things about the benefit of hindsight shows that you are either a) a windup merchant/troll, b) not been bothered about reading any of the topics relating to our idiotic owner and where he was taking us over the past three years, or c) just plain thick.

:tango:    :Chansiri:

Says the man who types fantasies.

2 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

My only comment regarding MM was I was worried that when he left we could of ended up with an owner as bad as he left Portsmouth with.

You mean like that Mammadov character he tried his level best to sell us to ? Mr Azerbaijan land of no money ?    Wonder if Doyen were part of that potential deal aswell 

Xbana Milan