I think the biggest concerns I remember from 2015 were the ticket prices, but other than that I wasn't complaining much because we did alot of good business in that first season, smart business, we only made a loss of £9.8m (well within ffp rules) and seemed to be going in the right direction on the pitch, however the summer of 2016 we upped the wage bill from £19m to £29m....on a load of players we mostly didn't need or use, the fact Fletcher was the only new player in the Huddersfield play off 2nd leg says it all.

We'd spent ridiculous amounts that season, and it looked like there was no clear strategy in the transfer market, DC refusal to sell player's and hoarding a load of millionaire footballers was a disaster waiting to happen. 

The first time I became worried was when I saw the accounts for 2016-17, but as others have pointed out, there were concerns from day one from a few posters on here. 

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

Whereas your views are absolutely open to be changed?

Nobody's fault *but* DC's...

Pot. Kettle.

I mean considering he's the 100% beneficial owner and in charge of running the club and has all the power and control of all the strings?...

Yeah

15 minutes ago, Minton said:

Whereas your views are absolutely open to be changed?

Nobody's fault *but* DC's...

Pot. Kettle.

I’m honest but fair in my views.  I don’t criticise for the sake of it but I will call out a sh*tshow when I see one.

The club’s hierarchy have totally mismanaged the club and as a season ticket holder of many years, I’m gutted.

18 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

I was bored and went looking

Want me to keep going?

OR care to admit that you're wrong and fans did express concern at how the club was being run even back in 2015?

Questioning a few signings is a wholly different topic to wanting a Brentford style buy/sell and stay where you are policy, totally different.

Just now, toppOwl said:

Questioning a few signings is a wholly different topic to wanting a Brentford style buy/sell and stay where you are policy, totally different.

Check the next one out

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

And page 2 of that thread i linked

"Sorry but if you're not slightly concerned by the way we've handled our business under Chansiri then I think you need to wake up a bit. It's been haphazard with not much logic or careful thought in my opinion."

Come on - I've given you evidence of fans questioning the running of the club in 2015

Admit you're wrong

Edited by Gerinako

Just now, Gerinako said:

And page 2 of that thread i linked

You didn't link it, its a screenshot.

Just now, toppOwl said:

You didn't link it, its a screenshot.

Funny thing the internet - you can click things

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Losing £5m a year with an unplayable pitch and a poor defensive minded side - short memories.

As opposed to now, where we lose £15m a year, charge fans 50% more and play some of the most expansive football the Championship has ever seen.

At least the pitch is reyt tho

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Even if a handful of fans had argued for a Brentford style recruitment and sell on policy as far back as 2015 on Owlstalk I dont see how that would change the current situation.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

As opposed to now, where we lose £15m a year, charge fans 50% more and play some of the most expansive football the Championship has ever seen.

Yeah, but who do we owe money to... Or summat

7 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I’m honest but fair in my views.  I don’t criticise for the sake of it but I will call out a sh*tshow when I see one.

The club’s hierarchy have totally mismanaged the club and as a season ticket holder of many years, I’m gutted.

The thing that makes me worried is that they is no clear way forward and you get the feeling the next 2-3 years might be really ugly.

22 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

There were hundreds of concerns raised and he knows it.

Definitely an orchestrated campaign this morning to shift blame.

Very interesting.

There is no orchestrated campaign, just a statement of often stated and confirmed (by those truly itk) facts.

Both Paixao and Doyen were introduced to DC by MM as part of the “package” as well as Sir Dave Richards re. FFP compliance.  Both had worked with MM and the current Thai owners previously at Leicester City.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is no orchestrated campaign, just a statement of often stated and confirmed (by those truly itk) facts.

Both Paixao and Doyen were introduced to DC by MM as part of the “package” as well as Sir Dave Richards re. FFP compliance.  Both had worked with MM and the current Thai owners previously at Leicester City.

Who forced DC to keep them around so long? 

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

If only we did play expansive football.

Some of the basic hoofball crap we’ve been subjected to this season would make Neil Warnock blush.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Who forced DC to keep them around so long? 

Nobody but that’s not the point.

There are two people who get a particularly, weirdly easy time on this forum.  MM and Steve Bruce.

Both have “history” yet are strangely never questioned.

Edited by sonofbert2

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

If only we did play expansive football.

Some of the basic hoofball crap we’ve been subjected to this season would make Neil Warnock blush.

That's the sarcastic point! :biggrin:

Anyway, when we win tonight this thread will be on Page 3.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

Nobody but that’s not the point.

There are two people who get a particularly, weirdly easy time on this forum.  MM and Steve Bruce.

It is the point, DC has allowed this to continue, he's the current owner, he's 100% responsible for the club we all love, not Milan, not Steve Bruce. 

14 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

That's the sarcastic point! :biggrin:

I actually though it was a spelling mistake and you’d meant to write ‘expensive’.

Oh well, my joke backfired.

• Haha 1