My First ITK

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Questioning a few signings is a wholly different topic to wanting a Brentford style buy/sell and stay where you are policy, totally different.

Even if a handful of fans had argued for a Brentford style recruitment and sell on policy as far back as 2015 on Owlstalk I dont see how that would change the current situation.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

As opposed to now, where we lose £15m a year, charge fans 50% more and play some of the most expansive football the Championship has ever seen.

At least the pitch is reyt tho

Yeah, but who do we owe money to... Or summat

7 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I’m honest but fair in my views.  I don’t criticise for the sake of it but I will call out a sh*tshow when I see one.

The club’s hierarchy have totally mismanaged the club and as a season ticket holder of many years, I’m gutted.

The thing that makes me worried is that they is no clear way forward and you get the feeling the next 2-3 years might be really ugly.

22 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

There were hundreds of concerns raised and he knows it.

Definitely an orchestrated campaign this morning to shift blame.

Very interesting.

There is no orchestrated campaign, just a statement of often stated and confirmed (by those truly itk) facts.

Both Paixao and Doyen were introduced to DC by MM as part of the “package” as well as Sir Dave Richards re. FFP compliance.  Both had worked with MM and the current Thai owners previously at Leicester City.

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

There is no orchestrated campaign, just a statement of often stated and confirmed (by those truly itk) facts.

Both Paixao and Doyen were introduced to DC by MM as part of the “package” as well as Sir Dave Richards re. FFP compliance.  Both had worked with MM and the current Thai owners previously at Leicester City.

Who forced DC to keep them around so long? 

19 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

As opposed to now, where we lose £15m a year, charge fans 50% more and play some of the most expansive football the Championship has ever seen.

At least the pitch is reyt tho

If only we did play expansive football.

Some of the basic hoofball crap we’ve been subjected to this season would make Neil Warnock blush.

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Who forced DC to keep them around so long? 

Nobody but that’s not the point.

There are two people who get a particularly, weirdly easy time on this forum.  MM and Steve Bruce.

Both have “history” yet are strangely never questioned.

Edited by sonofbert2

1 minute ago, sonofbert2 said:

There are two people who get a particularly, weirdly easy time on this forum.  MM and Steve Bruce.

It is the point, DC has allowed this to continue, he's the current owner, he's 100% responsible for the club we all love, not Milan, not Steve Bruce. 

6 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Both have “history” yet are strangely never questioned.

Think people me included has faith in Steve Bruces managerial ability especially at this level.
When we appointed him I thought the alarm bells at the running of the club were probably exaggerated.

But you do get the feeling now Bruce might have seen the way the wind was blowing at the club and took the first opportunity to move on.

Just now, RichieB said:

It is the point, DC has allowed this to continue, he's the current owner, he's 100% responsible for the club we all love, not Milan, not Steve Bruce. 

He obviously “trusts” Paixao.  He stuck up for him at the Fans Forum saying nobody would have been criticising had we gone up.

I personally think that he, Paixao, has more of a stake in the club over and above agents’ fees.

Bruce fuckedus over, whatever excuses people make for him.  I’d imagine a lot of the players especially felt the same given how he came, contracts signed etc and the preseason then him going when he did.  Seems to have been erased from history.

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He obviously “trusts” Paixao.  He stuck up for him at the Fans Forum saying nobody would have been criticising had we gone up.

I personally think that he, Paixao, has more of a stake in the club over and above agents’ fees.

Bruce fuckedus over, whatever excuses people make for him.  I’d imagine a lot of the players especially felt the same given how he came, contracts signed etc and the preseason then him going when he did.  Seems to have been erased from history.

Can't disagree with that, the thing about Paxo having a stake in the club has crossed my mind too. 

The Bruce thing hasn't been erased from memory though, I don't think anyone is blaming DC for what happened there, I'm certainly not. 

Edited by RichieB
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think people me included has faith in Steve Bruces managerial ability especially at this level.
When we appointed him I thought the alarm bells at the running of the club were probably exaggerated.

But you do get the feeling now Bruce might have seen the way the wind was blowing at the club and took the first opportunity to move on.

Don’t forget the leeway he was given when first appointed and his previous at other clubs.

I think he went for purely selfish reasons, I don’t really blame him re. the opportunity offered but he threw this season into chaos before it began and I’d imagine left DC feeling very resentful.

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Don’t forget the leeway he was given when first appointed and his previous at other clubs.

I think he went for purely selfish reasons, I don’t really blame him re. the opportunity offered but he threw this season into chaos before it began and I’d imagine left DC feeling very resentful.

I agree the way he left after the club were very accommodating with the timing of his starting left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Think if Newcastle had not come calling Bruce would have probably done a full season and left at the end if we hadn't gone up.