My First ITK

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Find em yourself.

We all knew he was no good, and took enough abuse from his Apologists for saying it.

Saw all this denial and bitterness from Uncle Daves cronies too as his time got near.

Amazing to see some of the same posters made the same mistake twice.

Absolute nonsense.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Unless you can find links to people saying the same thing in 2015 I'm 100% correct, the current regime is a disaster but lets not pretend we all knew it was coming and would have accepted being a mid table side.

I remember back then posting a few concerns I had about some of the changes at the club. The problem was (as it frequently is on this forum) every opinion got polarised and push to one extreme or the other. Thus I was called everything from a Chansiri hater to a racist that can't stand foreigners. I was none of that. There is still not a bone in my body that dislikes Chansiri as a person and I certainly do not dislike people from Asia. Indeed I have built businesses and careers around them. I wanted him to succeed then and I would still prefer him to turn things around and take this club where I want it to be. Any criticisms I make are related to performance or policies. None of it is personal.

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Maybe not going back as far as 2015 but I think they were rumblings in early 2017 that if we didn't go up that season we could be hitting some problems.

Not quite the same then is it, so you accepted the model when it was going well but wanted a different approach from day one once it turned sour, as I said - hindsight.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Not quite the same then is it, so you accepted the model when it was going well but wanted a different approach from day one once it turned sour, as I said - hindsight.

I didn't accept any model. I thought his ticket prices were disgusting from he start and found many fans sycophantic attitude towards him cringeworthy.

19 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

I was bored and went looking

Want me to keep going?

OR care to admit that you're wrong and fans did express concern at how the club was being run even back in 2015?

I’d leave it pal.  You’d be wasting your time.  He’s too entrenched in his views.

Everyone else’s fault but DC’s.

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

I’d leave it pal.  You’d be wasting your time.  He’s too entrenched in his views.

Everyone else’s fault but DC’s.

Whereas your views are absolutely open to be changed?

Nobody's fault *but* DC's...

Pot. Kettle.

I think the biggest concerns I remember from 2015 were the ticket prices, but other than that I wasn't complaining much because we did alot of good business in that first season, smart business, we only made a loss of £9.8m (well within ffp rules) and seemed to be going in the right direction on the pitch, however the summer of 2016 we upped the wage bill from £19m to £29m....on a load of players we mostly didn't need or use, the fact Fletcher was the only new player in the Huddersfield play off 2nd leg says it all.

We'd spent ridiculous amounts that season, and it looked like there was no clear strategy in the transfer market, DC refusal to sell player's and hoarding a load of millionaire footballers was a disaster waiting to happen. 

The first time I became worried was when I saw the accounts for 2016-17, but as others have pointed out, there were concerns from day one from a few posters on here. 

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

Pot. Kettle.

I mean considering he's the 100% beneficial owner and in charge of running the club and has all the power and control of all the strings?...

Yeah

15 minutes ago, Minton said:

Pot. Kettle.

I’m honest but fair in my views.  I don’t criticise for the sake of it but I will call out a sh*tshow when I see one.

The club’s hierarchy have totally mismanaged the club and as a season ticket holder of many years, I’m gutted.

18 minutes ago, Gerinako said:

I was bored and went looking

Want me to keep going?

OR care to admit that you're wrong and fans did express concern at how the club was being run even back in 2015?

Questioning a few signings is a wholly different topic to wanting a Brentford style buy/sell and stay where you are policy, totally different.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Questioning a few signings is a wholly different topic to wanting a Brentford style buy/sell and stay where you are policy, totally different.

And page 2 of that thread i linked

"Sorry but if you're not slightly concerned by the way we've handled our business under Chansiri then I think you need to wake up a bit. It's been haphazard with not much logic or careful thought in my opinion."

Come on - I've given you evidence of fans questioning the running of the club in 2015

Admit you're wrong

Edited by Gerinako

46 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Losing £5m a year with an unplayable pitch and a poor defensive minded side - short memories.

As opposed to now, where we lose £15m a year, charge fans 50% more and play some of the most expansive football the Championship has ever seen.

At least the pitch is reyt tho