My First ITK

Fair insight to the situation

We live in hope he does sell up

I don’t think for a second he will find anyone to pay what he expects though 

We’ll just plod on, aimlessly down the league, appointing manager after manager to deflect the blame away from the real problem

LIf the points deduction piece was so clean-cut then why did the EFL agree to arbitration over dealing with the situation themselves?

If what is mentioned about telling the players about a points deduction being nailed on, then the club are completely stupid. Why demotivate what was a side that was doing well? Why would you de-rail your own season when at best you could continue to make points ahead of any possible sanction. 

How has anyone been told there’s a points deduction when the Independent panel hasn’t even sat, the arbitration decision hasn’t even been reached !  Forgive me for been a little bit wary of this 

believe it’s 100% true DC wants out though 

Just now, Royal_D said:

How has anyone been told there’s a points deduction when the Independent panel hasn’t even sat, the arbitration decision hasn’t even been reached !  Forgive me for been a little bit wary of this 

I think you're right. That is the one part of his info that seemed slightly dubious and surprising that the team would have been told this without anything being decided etc. 

49 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

If the points deduction is true and with the month we have coming up fixture-wise then it looks very much like League One football next season - not bad for PL prices. Well done Mr Chansiri, well done indeed!

I too have heard it is 12 points and the club has known since Christmas. If true that would put us bottom 3 - that is seriously worrying in our current form.

7 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

believe it’s 100% true DC wants out though 

My worry is that we know they've got us bang to rights but we're spinning out the judgement or looking for a technicality. Bit like when a mass killer pleads not guilty even though he was caught with a gun in his hand and standing over a stack of dead bodies. 

Edited by latemodelchild
Added the bit about technicality
  • Like 1

Could it be the EFL told the club to expect 12 points if the case was proved and DC knows in his own mind that he's no chance of beating this charge so it's an open secret at the club what's coming down the line?

DC will obviously appeal knowing full well it's a non-starter.

It's been obvious for months that he has little interest and wants out but the stupid valuations he applies to everything won't attract anyone.

I guess Monk's first move then should be handing the captain's armband to Fletcher and sitting down together to sort the mess at first team level. After Saturday's performance, Monk has the perfect opportunity to do just that.

Fair summary of various things posted by others on here, most sound plausible. 

My one concern is the points deduction. I dont think its got that far yet as the arbitration process is still ongoing. It is possible that as part of that process EFL have indicated they would seek up to 12 point penalty, although the independent panel has yet to sit and the inevitable appeals process yet to happen before that becomes a reality. 

More concerning for me is the lack of structure. I've been broadly supportive of DC but the club needs direction and a CEO or DOF appointmrnt to oversee running of the club. 

I get the impression Paxo is DC's eyes and ears while he is not here (for increasing periods it seems) and wouldn't trust stuffing boy as far as I can throw him. 

Think its reasonable to expect DC to either run the club properly or seek an exit. The current business model and pricing strategy for a lower mid table team is unsustainable and on reflection, we've gone backwards on and off the pitch over the last 3 years. 

Why would the players care about a points deduction.

They will just move on.

As always it's us the fans that feel the real impact. The apathy around the p;ace is tangible

and comes from one source.

12 points and we are in L1. No doubt about it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Maybe the club didn't announce it per se. If its common knowledge amongst back office staff what's going to happen then it could have leaked to players and management. 

If it had been common knowledge since xmas then it would have leaked out by now and also

the arb would have finished long ago.

17 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

My worry is that we know they've got us bang to rights but we're spinning out the judgement or looking for a technicality. Bit like when a mass killer pleads not guilty even though he was caught with a gun in his hand and standing over a stack of dead bodies. 

That is my concern, using the legal process to drag this out, buying time to sell season tickets for next year etc.

The big worry is that if DC wants out it will only be on his terms/ at his price which nobody else will agree to.... leaving us (even more leaderless) than we are now and drifting in league one or the bottom of the championship..... whilst charging exorbitant prices causing a further spiral downward. A complete disaster could well loom