Crookes WMC -The start of the revolution

Well done to those behind it. A lot of people moan but these guys have gone and booked a venue and set up a website. Graphics look professional too. I’ll be backing them because right now the supporters have zero voice on the shambolic way DC is running this club into the ground. 

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
Just now, @owlstalk said:

To be fair yours was bonkers innit yo fam 🤣

Well it wasn't really - more about it being non political and seeing if the Matchday experience could be improved. 

Good job we got that sorted innit without the fans. 

But genuinely if you can get onside with it and support it through this site that would be good. 

I wouldn't be involved you will be pleased to know 

52 minutes ago, prowl said:

The beer is cheap at Crookes Club so that's a plus. They don't mention a time so I reckon we need to go there at openning time and just wait until it starts. It might be a long wait but thats what snooker tables are for, and beer, lots of beer.

It should be an interesting meeting after 16 pints.

( It might have changed since I was a regular)

Sixteen pints???

Hello The realist!!!

• Haha 1

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Well done to those behind it. A lot of people moan but these guys have gone and booked a venue and set up a website. Graphics look professional too. I’ll be backing them because right now the supporters have zero voice on the shambolic way DC is running this club into the ground. 

Link to the website ? 

Be good to have it on here 

8 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think Wednesdayite is the only active one. Great idea but it does require defining what it is aiming to do and some younger people ie below 30 to front it and run it. 

If it is overly political then it won't work 

Thanks. Was genuinely interested to know what groups were out there, what their agendas are and of course how effective they are.

I think in these very uncertain times for the club a strong, independent supporters group is more relevant and important than ever.

7 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

Talking of Kop flatulence... i am 100% certain someone on there Must have been eating tins of dogmeat yesterday... it was quite the talking point among the regulars... one elderly lady swore it was the worst she had ever smelt, and she had been going to Hillsborough since the days of rationing when people lived off tins of Pek

Made me cry with laughter that.

4 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

was a good initiative as well 

Ignore him trev he knows absolutely SFA about what we managed to do   he/they needs to concentrate on getting this fecking site working on matchdays 

This trust idea was mooted many years ago we weren't interested due to the politics. If they can steer totally clear of that lot and get plenty of volunteers with fresh ideas  it's definitely needed and I hope it takes off and gets the trust franchise.  If they do I hope DC welcomes it officially 

• Like 1