Jump to content
KivoOwl

"Chansiri has just been badly advised"

Recommended Posts

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

 

And, being a bit edgy here, we probably didn’t “own” him anyway.

 

That's quite possible too.

 

The nature of finance in the game is a quagmire isn't it? Good job the authorities can be trusted to take swift and effective action to regulate it all.

:dry:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

The first and probably his biggest mistake was  sacking Stuart Gray..

In hindsight I think this is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

 

That's quite possible too.

 

The nature of finance in the game is a quagmire isn't it? Good job the authorities can be trusted to take swift and effective action to regulate it all.

:dry:

 

 

I find it quite cute that those with the most vocal opinions on general dodginess in life generally still view football in such purist, oldskool terms.

 

The folk chucking in the dough rarely do it for altruistic reasons, they’re all looking to make.

 

Rinsing, gambling, egos, prestige, glory, legend status etc etc

 

Nearly always simply down to money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

In hindsight I think this is true

 

He wasn’t part of “the plan.”. End of!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paixao and doyen are where I'd like to know what say and control they have over things. Bruce said he would have to work with Paixao because he was 'part of the fabric of the club' Is Chansiri reliant on him and if so is he an advisor or does he own part of the club'. There have been suggestions he has orchestrated signings to line pockets and for other interests not necessarily the best for Wednesday on here Doyen shafted us with Hirst. All I've heard is what's said on here. If the things some have said on here are true then for me Paixao and Doyen need to go now. One thing is obvious either Chansiri is the one not listening to good advice or he's getting bad advice. So if it is those around him then he needs to clear them out. REGARDLESS of whether he is fiends with them. 

 

Chansiri has come across to me as a decent guy who was new to football. Even when you think you know along about football you can be wrong.... However anyone in any business, job has to seek out the best advice and not go along with poor advice or ignoring good advice that only leads to bad outcomes.

 

Big changes are needed. Clean house manager some of the players and ADVISORS (URGENT)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What if a proportion of the money DC has wasted was Doyens, and not his ?

 

 

 

 

Edited by Mr Farrell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

 

He was given the architects, the plans and the construction company by our previous owner based on their success at Leicester City Mansion.

They got Mahrez..we got Jones and Alice band..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OP is weird. "Letting him off the hook". What hook? What can this even begin to mean?

 

The two criteria for judging the chairman of a big business are does (i) does he ensure that there is a workable strategy in place: he doesn't have to develop it himself, just needs to ensure it is there; and (ii) does he have the right people?

 

If you say Chansiri has been badly advised - which seems as plain as day to me - then you are saying that he has fallen down on perhaps his most important responsibility - to secure good advice and good executives.

 

So far from letting him off this "hook", his exposure  to poor advice is slap bang there at the heart of any critique.

 

For what it's worth, and this can only be guesswork, I think he didn't understand the risks when he took over. I think he had been caused to believe that with a fair amount of spending, he could get the club into the premier league. He didn't fully understand that he could pretty well do everything right and yet still miss out on promotion for five years and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

The OP is weird. "Letting him off the hook". What hook? What can this even begin to mean?

 

The two criteria for judging the chairman of a big business are does (i) does he ensure that there is a workable strategy in place: he doesn't have to develop it himself, just needs to ensure it is there; and (ii) does he have the right people?

 

If you say Chansiri has been badly advised - which seems as plain as day to me - then you are saying that he has fallen down on perhaps his most important responsibility - to secure good advice and good executives.

 

So far from letting him off this "hook", his exposure  to poor advice is slap bang there at the heart of any critique.

 

For what it's worth, and this can only be guesswork, I think he didn't understand the risks when he took over. I think he had been caused to believe that with a fair amount of spending, he could get the club into the premier league. He didn't fully understand that he could pretty well do everything right and yet still miss out on promotion for five years and more.

I am saying he has had plenty of advice from experienced football people and not taken heed of it. These people don't last long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need clarity who is responsible who is involved. Ultimately even if Chansiri has been poorly adviced, if he doesn't take action then it is him to blame. Doyen if they are financially involved then what say do they have. 

 

If when Chansiri came in he had a proven track record we would have given him time and rightly blamed him. Him coming in as a football novice has aloud some confusion because we don't know who is the problem. He is the head and has to make the changes either way. Advisors or himself. If there are entanglements with are stopping that we need to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Animis said:

 

TBH - looking at it rationally, if Paxo does have an interest whether financially or contractually, I would expect him to be at the games. I'd go one step more and say I would expect him and Monk to talk frequently.

 

Whether Paxo is competent is another question.

 

Remember seeing the Instagram videos of the academy kids performing skits at the club Christmas meal. Paxo was sat next to Monk, which told me enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KivoOwl said:

I am saying he has had plenty of advice from experienced football people and not taken heed of it. These people don't last long.

 

I wonder what was Doyen's view of the recruitment of the list of these experienced football people DC brought in?

 

Was their short shelf life a reflection that the two roles - direct employees, and an arms-length, albeit contractually embedded consultant, was incompatible?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Basically we are f00ked. 
when Milan sold us it was always the nagging fear that we had sold our soul to the devil and now were at the mercy of chancers and egomaniacs, it looked, at first, we’d fell on our feet, we haven’t, and now ‘we’ are stuck with what we’ve got. The joy of modern British football... a joke that nobody can do anything about. 
Portsmouth no:2 I fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally get a loaded owner and just our luck we get a flipping clueless one. We're directionless, leaderless and inept on and off the pitch. It's been shambolic and embarrassing ever since the failed play off campaigns. :duntmatter:

 

Hopefully, someone like Red Bull will rescue us, if they even ever heard of us because otherwise DC won't ever get his money back and may as well stay in Disneyland, has he's been in fantasy land ever since Wembley. :ghoulguy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

Remember seeing the Instagram videos of the academy kids performing skits at the club Christmas meal. Paxo was sat next to Monk, which told me enough. 

 

I suppose it would be in Monk's best interest, if he got on with the only person (other that Redgate), who is at the club on a frequent basis; one who seemingly calls the shots on players in & out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

They got Mahrez..we got Jones and Alice band..

 

That fuckingAlice Band is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen in football.

 

Worse even than thick footballers wearing gloves with short sleeves.  Set o’cuntz the lot of ‘em!!

Edited by sonofbert2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Animis said:

 

I suppose it would be in Monk's best interest, if he got on with the only person (other that Redgate), who is at the club on a frequent basis; one who seemingly calls the shots on players in & out. 

If not ours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

 

Remember seeing the Instagram videos of the academy kids performing skits at the club Christmas meal. Paxo was sat next to Monk, which told me enough. 

 

Paixao is his right-hand man.  From day one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Paxo is turkey stuffing..sat next to Monk at Christmas?

Edited by Costello 77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

What if a proportion of the money DC has wasted was Doyens, and not his ?

 

 

 

 

How would that have worked?

from what i can glean Doyen simply do whats best for Doyen...Lending Chansiri money to buy from someone else?..or buy something else?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...