samowl

Only 11,000 sold for City game

8 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

This will be my first match since the Huddersfield penalty shootout out debacle. I booked my ticket before the Derby game 🙄

A real die hard then?

It must be killing you how the club is at the minute.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They were good enough to get us to third before Christmas mate. For me the players have downed tools, and that is unacceptable. 

Thats true....But once the confidence is shot, its not a matter of not trying, it becomes a matter of being scared to try.

Those two ridiculous balls from Lees and Harris on Saturday..It wasn't deliberate...It wasn't a matter of not being bothered..It was sheer bloody not knowing what to do with it.

Dawson..he hoofs it upfield...catcalls...He tries to "Play" it out...disaster...

Their minds are messed up.

The fans are equally frustrated...

At one bit when Bannan used to spin..."Wahaay" went the fans...now its "Stop pirouhetting you f.ookin' idiot"

Fletcher looking bemused as "you're not fit to wear the shirt"..rings out...Whats he expect ..some sort of "Caveat"   "except you Fletch"...doesn't scan.

The fans have had enough, theyre showing it..The players are frightened ..They're showing it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They were good enough to get us to third before Christmas mate. For me the players have downed tools, and that is unacceptable. 

Before Christmas the midfield and defence were rubbish, but we kept scoring goals! Even when Fletcher didn't play someone would pop up with a hat-trick, for example. Now, despite some of us getting a bit giddy because Wickham or Forestieri decide to honour us with a bit of running here and there in one game out of three, we are not scoring enough goals. 

Our midfield and defence will be put under more pressure, if the oppositions midfield, defence and attack do not have to worry about us taking the odd shot at their goal. They do not have to worry too much about our attack because, despite good play from some of our attackers, like Murphy, Harris, Lee or Bannan (when he gets further forward), our finishers, like Fletcher, Wickham and Forestieri really need to put more of the chances away. According to one of the stats given out recently, apparently, if we had the divisions average conversion rate we would be fourth in the division, despite all the goals we have shipped! The knock on effect could actually be greater than that in our favour, but it just shows where the blame really lies, because it is not just our midfield and defence making all the mistakes. We are making more bad decisions and are showing less skill and technique in front of the oppositions goal area, than we are in our own goal area. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats true....But once the confidence is shot, its not a matter of not trying, it becomes a matter of being scared to try.

Those two ridiculous balls from Lees and Harris on Saturday..It wasn't deliberate...It wasn't a matter of not being bothered..It was sheer bloody not knowing what to do with it.

Dawson..he hoofs it upfield...catcalls...He tries to "Play" it out...disaster...

Their minds are messed up.

The fans are equally frustrated...

At one bit when Bannan used to spin..."Wahaay" went the fans...now its "Stop pirouhetting you f.ookin' idiot"

Fletcher looking bemused as "you're not fit to wear the shirt"..rings out...Whats he expect ..some sort of "Caveat"   "except you Fletch"...doesn't scan.

The fans have had enough, theyre showing it..The players are frightened ..They're showing it

Lawrie Madden got it right in commentary the other day. One thing we are guilty of at the minute is that we're trying to walk the ball into the net. Too over elaborate at times unfortunately it's what teams do when going through a bad spell.

15 hours ago, bradowl said:

Derby are charging £30 adults £15 kids v Man Utd, game is live on TV and  is sold out.

And they've been as bad as us this season.

I don't think Derby have lost 5-0 3-0 and 3-1 in their last 4 home games , been poor at home all season and scored a paltry 16 goals at home !

49 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The thing that is going to be interesting is how attractive pay on the gate prices are when season ticket holders get their opportunity to experience them.

For me the non attendance of season ticket holders in person will say a lot.

This will be me next year as I'm not renewing my ST for work and life purposes.

I just don't think I will be able to bring myself to spend almost £40 on 90minutes of football next year. Even if we were top of the league it's just too much money for many.

It's surely help if you could actually buy the tickets on website. Both tabs are greyed out so unable to purchase. And yes I'm signed in.

5 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

It's surely help if you could actually buy the tickets on website. Both tabs are greyed out so unable to purchase. And yes I'm signed in.

I've just checked and I can pick seats no problem. 

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

I've just checked and I can pick seats no problem. 

Thanks, I don't understand why I can't, I'm signed in and a member so gremlins I guess. Will have to go in shop.

Don't understand why anyone would even contemplate going at the moment.

1 minute ago, PortlandOwl said:

Grandson wants to see city's stars or I probably wouldn't tbh.

39 minutes ago, modboy said:

I just don't think I will be able to bring myself to spend almost £40 on 90minutes of football next year. Even if we were top of the league it's just too much money for many.

However £25 potg and I'd probably go to more than half 

• Like 1

Just now, PortlandOwl said:

Maybe because they follow the club through thick and thin or they enjoy the social aspect of meeting up with friends and family. People do many things that others find daft but football isn't like going to the theatre or cinema. You can't read a review and decide whether you fancy going or not. That's part of the attraction of going and not knowing what will happen. Its been awful this season and on Wednesday we could see the predicted annihilation of Wednesday or we could see the miracle of a Wednesday win which is currently priced at 14-1 in a three horse race. Money is tight for a lot of people and I don't criticise anyone for choosing more important things to spend their money on than watching some blokes on silly money try and kick a bag of wind into a net. I'm looking forward to it as I may see some decent footballers for a change unfortunately playing for our opponents but as the great Jimmy Greaves said football is a funny old game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9-0 man City

300-1.

Have it!!!!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

4 season tickets amongst our family

2 renewed, 2 not

4 not going on Wednesday

Edited by Grandad

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Thanks, I don't understand why I can't, I'm signed in and a member so gremlins I guess. Will have to go in shop.

Try using another web browser, signing out and in again and use https://shop.sheffieldwednesday.co.uk/events.aspx

Edited by Minton

25 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

Got exactly the same problem mate. Buttons are fine for all the league home matches, just disabled for the City one.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Ive not renewed yet , and wont be . The crap on the pitch is one thing, but being ripped off to suffer it is another. I was there in the mid 70`s when we were as bad as we are now, but we wernt ripped off back then. Thats the difference for me. Ive had a ST for over 30 years ,and can afford one next year , but im not prepared to be ripped off anymore. 

49 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

You trying to get in the City end. Glory Hunter!

• Haha 1