samowl

Only 11,000 sold for City game

28 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yer sure will. when game was 1st announced I thought sell out , was shocked how few are bothered . we all know we are getting beat maybe well beaten but id like to see man citys players at Hillsborough as it could be a very long time before we draw a big club in cup again. 

perhaps people got used to drawing the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, but it doesn't happen every year

It's a weird one this.

If league attendances were at at a low, but then we'd sold out tonight against the champions, we would be slated.

Instead league attendances are steady and we've sold very little in a big glamour tie.

So fans not going can hardly be criticised. 

As others have said the Arsenal game was a lesser game but sold out. 

Absolutely no question to me that this is a statement against Chansiri and his running of the club.

Even if tickets were cheaper I don't think it would make a significant difference. 

Whatever the reasons it's a sad state of affairs when we can't drum up much interest for a 5th round cup tie against the champions and one of the best teams in Europe. 

2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

It's a weird one this.

If league attendances were at at a low, but then we'd sold out tonight against the champions, we would be slated.

Instead league attendances are steady and we've sold very little in a big glamour tie.

So fans not going can hardly be criticised. 

As others have said the Arsenal game was a lesser game but sold out. 

Absolutely no question to me that this is a statement against Chansiri and his running of the club.

Even if tickets were cheaper I don't think it would make a significant difference. 

League attendances are being propped up by season ticket holders and away fans. It remains to be seen how they hold up next season.

There’s not been more than a couple of thousand Wednesday fans that have paid on the door for any league game this season 

Dont really like this saying but the amount of ticket we have sold for this game is nothing short of tin pot .

Suns out, gods in his heaven, jesus has come to Hillsborough..3-1 Wednesday.

Merlot' ing already, why not, you is a long time dead.

People are boycotting because of the chairman and his actions towards the fans in the championship 

he thinks fans are gullible And stupid and will go whatever 

wrong wrong wrong 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

People are boycotting because of the chairman and his actions towards the fans in the championship 

wrong wrong wrong 

Yep, can't be any other reason people aren't going. I mean the team have been performing brilliantly. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Exactly. 

We still have an excellent and very loyal core support of fans. Inevitably, you will get those who only rock up when things are going well (so not very much in recent decades). 

There comes a point for some people where enough is enough and what is going on at the club right now - both on/off the field - is seeing people reach breaking point or, even worse, not caring. 

Pigs doing so well isn't helping, with them lot crowing most weekends whilst we're losing I think some of our supporters are distancing themselves from our club, some might call it going back in woodwork, crawling back under stone. 

It was reversed only a few years ago, they didn't want a conversation about football whilst we were full of it.

They're having there moment now but the tide will turn sooner or later, probably later way things are right now. 

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Pigs doing so well isn't helping, with them lot crowing most weekends whilst we're losing I think some of our supporters are distancing themselves from our club, some might call it going back in woodwork, crawling back under stone. 

It was reversed only a few years ago, they didn't want a conversation about football whilst we were full of it.

They're having there moment now but the tide will turn sooner or later, probably later way things are right now. 

unfortunately while we where full of it we weren’t doing very well in the Prem like those [email protected] are. :sad:

31 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Dont really like this saying but the amount of ticket we have sold for this game is nothing short of tin pot .

More despot than tinpot 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

wrong wrong wrong 

I'm going whatever, I wouldn't call myself stupid, bit gullible maybe but not stupid. 

We're going through a bad time at moment but we've had it far worst, back in 1970s we struggled to win a corner never mind win a game.

A full second half of season and only goal scored at home. :duntmatter:

Yes it may be a tin pot crowd but might make a statement 

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

unfortunately while we where full of it we weren’t doing very well in the Prem like those [email protected] are. :sad:

But then again they were in pub league at time which we aren't, not yet anyway. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'm going whatever, I wouldn't call myself stupid, bit gullible maybe but not stupid. 

We're going through a bad time at moment but we've had it far worst, back in 1970s we struggled to win a corner never mind win a game.

A full second half of season and only goal scored at home. :duntmatter:

Understand tho yes why you are going 

i Went in the 70 s and seen worse but this situation for me is very different 

3 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Understand tho yes why you are going 

i Went in the 70 s and seen worse but this situation for me is very different 

We need The Star to run a Save Our Owls campaign. lol

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

Exactly this...... but the worst thing about it is the kid, the next generation who are coming through. This should really be a great opportunity for some of the young uns seeing Wednesday against world class opposition in a noisy colourful stadium, but recent performances are killing peoples excitement.

We take 3 lads with us, all season ticket holders aged 8 to 16. You can see their enthusuasm being drained out of them. Going to Hillsborough isnt fun any more and you can see it in their faces that the abject performances are ruining ot for a whole generation of future owls. I remember past games where we had gotten beat, yet the fans still made some noise. There was often a loud rallying cry from the fans if we fell behind. But lately supporters are reflecting the players with their "CBA" attitude.

When it starts to feel like a chore to the kids... thats when we have a real problem

This & it's not just the kids, a good number of fans around me, including myself, couldn't be arsed to stand up & cheer when we pulled a goal back on Saturday.  There was no great rallying cry to get at them & get another goal & likewise there was no great let's throw the kitchen sink at them & give it a go from the players.  The apathy is spreading quicker than coronavirus & as infected everyone from DC at the top through Monk, the players & supporters of all ages.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

when the draw was made i immediately checked the date and was definitely going to the game.

Now , with at least a 5 hour round trip, the overall cost (don't mind the ticket price) and it being on TV i am giving this one a miss. The recent performances don't really affect my decision but if it was a weekend game I would be coming come what may.

Too many times over the last couple of seasons I have been driving home thinking why do I bother, especially for midweek games when its straight up and back. There has been very little to get excited about.

Edited by farlego

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

This & it's not just the kids, a good number of fans around me, including myself, couldn't be arsed to stand up & cheer when we pulled a goal back on Saturday.  There was no great rallying cry to get at them & get another goal & likewise there was no great let's throw the kitchen sink at them & give it a go from the players.  The apathy is spreading quicker than coronavirus & as infected everyone from DC at the top through Monk, the players & supporters of all ages.

Not helped by kicking towards West stand second half, had we been kicking towards kop I'm sure we might have heard a bit of noise from kop. 

Sitting on kop you can hear a little groan most games if we've lost flick of coin and players run to other half. 

Edited by bradowl

From a financial perspective, DC has got the pricing bang on the money. He’s banked on the hardcore paying a higher price, any price in reality. He’s pitched it at £25 and from a 20,000 crowd will generate £500k. 

Had he pitched it at £15, and got an unlikely 30,000, we would have generated £450k. 

Simple economics and DC has nailed this one.