There’s no way Monk decides who comes and goes

DC: So Garry, are you interested in becoming manager at SWFC?

GM: Yeah, how much does it pay?

DC: Well aren't you interested in the current playing staff and possible recruitment strategies?

GM: Nah, I won't be here long enough to turn this sinking ship around and besides that I can step straight back onto the carousel and wait for the next mug club to hire me. How much is the salary again?

DC: Start Monday.

59 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Regardless you have to play your best eleven every game. You also need to have a recognised formation and system. We have neither. Over the last few weeks we have seen FF play as a wing back and a lone striker. 

Did you even read the thread?

Talk about totally missing the bigger picture and the whole point

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Was it definitely yesterday? I know there's photos posted but sometimes old/stock.

I'm not sure, but if you're correct, and he has a conflict of interest in the 'in and outgoing's it can't be healthy.

For example, would it be too far fetched to suggest Paxo has bonuses attached to players seeing out their contracts. Monk can't therefore, move them on and the players know this and simply refuse to play/train or Monk turns his back on them?

Paxo is a high ranking Doyen man , always has been . His connections with Nelio Lucus ( main Doyen man ) are widely known . Lucas is the co-Director of Paxo`s sports management company . 

34 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Paxo is a high ranking Doyen man , always has been . His connections with Nelio Lucus ( main Doyen man ) are widely known . Lucas is the co-Director of Paxo`s sports management company . 

yes - I've read the report/expose' 

I don't mind clubs having agents, providing they act in good faith, and for the benefit of their employer. If we are saying that DC can't get rid of Doyen/Paxo etc, even when results show they have less than average performance, DC needs to either get the lawyers on the case or get a settlement agreed.

1 hour ago, Mr. Chow said:

more reasons as to why we will never get a proper footballing manager here, because you're basically a puppet 

Possibly, but the club’s strategy is no different to lots of clubs these days, especially on the continent Indeed, the chairman stated that would be the way forward, when he took over 

If that’s the deal, you look for a good coach, but one who can manage the players at his disposal In my opinion, Monk is neither a good coach, and man management is hardly a strongpoint As I mentioned in another thread, the only one to have made a decent fist of the job, was Carlos, although maybe Bruce might have done, had he stayed 

It might not be the chosen strategy of some folks on here, but it’s not unusual, and is probably here to stay

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Possibly, but the club’s strategy is no different to lots of clubs these days, especially on the continent Indeed, the chairman stated that would be the way forward, when he took over 

If that’s the deal, you look for a good coach, but one who can manage the players at his disposal In my opinion, Monk is neither a good coach, and man management is hardly a strongpoint As I mentioned in another thread, the only one to have made a decent fist of the job, was Carlos, although maybe Bruce might have done, had he stayed 

It might not be the chosen strategy of some folks on here, but it’s not unusual, and is probably here to stay

It's a good point - if Doyen are more involved than we believe, why would they have sanctioned Monk's appointment, unless they know of him from other clubs.

Just now, Animis said:

It's a good point - if Doyen are more involved than we believe, why would they have sanctioned Monk's appointment, unless they know of him from other clubs.

Though you could argue, that they didn’t know him well enough

4 hours ago, the third man said:

if that's true its his fault, no way would I take a job where whether I could do my job depended on someone else's decisions

So who the fizz is, because I don’t believe it’s solely DC plus agency. 

The thing is, I don’t have an issue with the clubs strategy, I just wish there was more consistency with our hiring of coaches 

I could have told you exactly how this appointment would end up, and I suspect plenty of others feared the same

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Though you could argue, that they didn’t know him well enough

Unless they knew Monk's short term history - stabilise clubs and move on, was attractive to ride this season out. It was always going to be a season awaiting the transition of the old guard in the Summer. 

Getting the team to 3rd spot at Christmas was probably unexpected, and they probably are not that fussed at the recent form, providing we stay up, which was probably their target at the start of the season.

Having less say in transfer dealings etc might hold sway with some managers, especially a relatively succesful one...Like Bruce...But Monk?

He was out of work, under a cloud of suspicion regarding transfer dealings and having nothing but bad publicity regarding his time at 'Brum and 'Boro...

he's here, getting a wage ...why rock the boat?

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

Unless they knew Monk's short term history - stabilise clubs and move on, was attractive to ride this season out. It was always going to be a season awaiting the transition of the old guard in the Summer. 

Getting the team to 3rd spot at Christmas was probably unexpected, and they probably are not that fussed at the recent form, providing we stay up, which was probably their target at the start of the season.

Again possibly, but then for all his shortcomings, that’s something Bullen could have done The last person I’d call upon, to hold the fort, would be Monk We just needed someone with a steady hand, to see us through to the summer. Monk was never going to be that person, he’s far too abrasive

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Having less say in transfer dealings etc might hold sway with some managers, especially a relatively succesful one...Like Bruce...But Monk?

He was out of work, under a cloud of suspicion regarding transfer dealings and having nothing but bad publicity regarding his time at 'Brum and 'Boro...

he's here, getting a wage ...why rock the boat?

Would you say the Hutch, Westwood and lesser degree Rhodes situations have rocked the boat?