There’s no way Monk decides who comes and goes

12 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

You would think, 5 years in, multi millions spent and the club heading for relegation, DC would reflect and say "how can we as a club do things better"

You and I would think that. But DC....... no. All roads lead to him and he's taking us to oblivion. 

He’s not saying much at the moment. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Mind you he’s running a taxi firm with no taxis, a drinks company with no drinks and a football club that isn’t playing much football.  I’d be keeping my head down too. 

• Haha 6
36 minutes ago, the third man said:

if that's true its his fault, no way would I take a job where whether I could do my job depended on someone else's decisions

bet you would if you got hundreds of thousands of pounds for doing it.

I wouldn’t mind if we had a proper professional setup with a Director of Football that Monk worked with who looked after recruitment. I don’t buy into the theory that managers have to have 100% say on transfers and signings. That’s not in place though and the whole setup seems a bit of a mystery

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I wonder if he'll bother saying anything upon our forthcoming relegation. 

Guest LittleG

I think his comments can be read differently. Perhaps he's saying he wants that player to sign and to sell this player, and then it is down to the club to sort it. Didn't he go on record as saying that Da Cruz was his signing cos he'd watched him previously.

Jos had a reputation in Germany of being a manager who didn’t stand for any interference in football matters and wanting total control. Monk hasn’t been afraid to assert his authority at previous clubs yet both seemed/seem to be prepared to put up with a lot out of their control here? They must have been/be on a decent wedge here?

42 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

More and more, I'm starting to think I dreamt that a manager as experienced and canny as Bruce ever thought managing our club was a decent career move, even if he only stayed for 18 games.

I'm more ann more convinced he left when it became clear how we were run

"The best poster on Owlstalk by far" - Kaven Walker

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Jos had a reputation in Germany of being a manager who didn’t stand for any interference in football matters and wanting total control. Monk hasn’t been afraid to assert his authority at previous clubs yet both seemed/seem to be prepared to put up with a lot out of their control here? They must have been/be on a decent wedge here?

It’s amazing what you put up with when your stock is low. 

25 minutes ago, Animis said:

Who actually is 'the Club'. I doubt it's DC - no doubt he has some say, but day-to-day footballing matters, I don't think so.

Are we saying DC still has the likes of Paxo involved?

He's part of the financial set up isn't he? That vested interest has been a significant part of the problem.

DC never learns from mistakes. It's clear we're going down, with or without a deduction of points, if not this season but soon whilst we carry on being run this way. We're a directionless and leaderless shambles on and off the pitch. It would take an experienced strong minded manager just to keep us and stabilise us. But we need a reset and rethink off the pitch, a DOF or CEO and to start doing things more sensibly, however it's more likely we'll again be looking for another manager to save us around this time next year, instead of DC learning from his mistakes and doing things more sensible.

4 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

He's part of the financial set up isn't he? That vested interest has been a significant part of the problem.

Paixao is a living, breathing email from Nigeria, I'm convinced of it. :ph34r:

• Haha 6
34 minutes ago, Animis said:

Who actually is 'the Club'. I doubt it's DC - no doubt he has some say, but day-to-day footballing matters, I don't think so.

Are we saying DC still has the likes of Paxo involved?

Yes - I saw him stood smoking with Chansiri yesterday.

Chansiri's key advisors currently are his wife, Amadeu Paixao and John Redgate (charged by the EFL for financial misconduct).

Edited by KivoOwl
10 minutes ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Paxiao was literally seen in a picture with Chansiri outside the south stand yesterday. 

Was it definitely yesterday? I know there's photos posted but sometimes old/stock.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I'm not sure, but if you're correct, and he has a conflict of interest in the 'in and outgoing's it can't be healthy.

For example, would it be too far fetched to suggest Paxo has bonuses attached to players seeing out their contracts. Monk can't therefore, move them on and the players know this and simply refuse to play/train or Monk turns his back on them?

Regardless you have to play your best eleven every game. You also need to have a recognised formation and system. We have neither. Over the last few weeks we have seen FF play as a wing back and a lone striker. 

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Was it definitely yesterday? I know there's photos posted but sometimes old/stock.

I'm not sure, but if you're correct, and he has a conflict of interest in the 'in and outgoing's it can't be healthy.

For example, would it be too far fetched to suggest Paxo has bonuses attached to players seeing out their contracts. Monk can't therefore, move them on and the players know this and simply refuse to play/train or Monk turns his back on them?

Yes, definitely yesterday. Seen before, during and after the game.

He's 100% still around. 

1 minute ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Yes, definitely yesterday. Seen before, during and after the game.

He's 100% still around. 

He's probably still collecting his commission from the signing of Abdi. 

1 minute ago, KivoOwl said:

Yes - he was stood smoking with Chansiri yesterday.

Chansiri's key advisors currently are his wife, Amadeu Paixao and John Redgate (charged by the EFL for financial misconduct).

Well I can't imagine his wife offers much advise, other than 'you're insane Dejphon'

Redgate must be sulking following his demotion from the board - unless it was done to 'protect him'?

That then leaves Paxo; the guy who's advised him into £100m loses over 5 years to get back to exactly where he was when he started. I wouldn't imagine Paxo uses SWFC as a testimonial when courting other clients.