Boro legend G Friend was frozen out by Toxic Monk

2 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Fletcher and Bannan have supported the Toxic Monk publically it is true.

But if I was being cynical I might suggest that Fletcher is wanting a new contract and Bannan, I am sad to say, is looking weak and ineffectual in midfield.  He was totally overrun at Luton,  12 days ago for example.

Actions speak louder than words and the players look to have downed tools.

It was like a pre-season friendly for Rooney yesterday.

Did Tom Lees get mugged holding on to the ball too long because he’s downed tools or was it just sh.t defending?  Did Harris pass to their player because he’s downed tools?  Do we deflect the ball past the keeper because we’ve downed tools. Everyone loves a scapegoat. 

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Starts his career in Exeter in 2015

Before moving to Borough in 2012

giphy.gif

Could deals like this be the solution to our FFP problems. We’ve adopted a Back to the Future style approach to the accounts, so why not with players as well? 

• Haha 2

To clarify George Friend first played for Exeter in 2005, after other clubs he went to Middlesborough in 2012 and having become a fixture at left back was left out of the Boro team in 2017 after Toxic Monk took over as manager.

Many will recall that Boro beat us here at Hillsborough in December 2017 and with them lying about 8th in the table so it was quite a shock when that evening Monk was fired.

At the time I thought it was a very strange move but now we know the reason why.

Monk had created a toxic atmosphere and the players clearly got the Chairman onside.

Toxic Monk was kicked out just 5 months into his new job with Boro who were in with a good chance of the Play Offs (which they achieved under Pulis).

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You think Hutchinson and Westwood sit back and laugh? We have had a few players who have taken the p**s in terms of the effort and commitment they put in but I think it is harsh to label these two with that.

Steve Bruce was widely seen as the best manager we have appointed in many a year - he was so impressed with Westwood that he urged the club to offer him a new contract and he had Hutchinson involved regularly.

Westwood has stated that Monk has told him he does not feature in his plans and has had to accept that.

Hutchinson played well in the cup win at QPR and hasn't been since. In answering questions on this Monk told us that he knows what a successful dressing room looks like and he has sent Hutchinson off to academy team training for the benefit of the team.

Since making this move we have played 8, won 1, drawn 3, lost 4. All against sides below us in the division, the vast majority with spineless performances that have been embarrassing to watch.

That's how I see it.

You don’t drop your number 1 keeper who’d just signed a new contract for just ‘footballing reasons’ you can’t honestly believe that? 

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

To clarify George Friend first played for Exeter in 2005, after other clubs he went to Middlesborough in 2012 and having become a fixture at left back was left out of the Boro team in 2017 after Toxic Monk took over as manager.

Many will recall that Boro beat us here at Hillsborough in December 2017 and with them lying about 8th in the table so it was quite a shock when that evening Monk was fired.

At the time I thought it was a very strange move but now we know the reason why.

Monk had created a toxic atmosphere and the players clearly got the Chairman onside.

Toxic Monk was kicked out just 5 months into his new job with Boro who were in with a good chance of the Play Offs (which they achieved under Pulis).

Are you on commission for using the word toxic?

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, shandypants said:

No. Toxic Monk would more likely be a DC Comics character - he would be too dark in nature for Marvel.   

DC Comics; it’s a good job that name was already taken otherwise we could have had the whole club renamed.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

At Boro the players rebelled against Toxic Monk and clearly had lines of communication that led directly to the Charirman.

Here at SWFC the players have gone a different route and simply downed tools.

If it's Toxic Monk, what's Gibson's nickname?? Or wilders?

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos and Monk both tried to do the right thing and rid this club of toxic influences within our squad

Both have been hounded about it 

So we replace the manager again and the same toxic players sit back on their mighty wage packets laughing at it all

That’s how I see it

Both are sheite managers.

That's how a lot on here see it also.
Part of a managers role is to motivate... makes no difference how. Even with players like we have that throw their toys out of the pram.

That's why it's so frustrating, because we know when they are happy, they can play well.

Both Jos and Monk clearly failed at that. That's bad management.

11 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Make no mistake, Garry Monk is not loved by Boro fans.

Wasted HUGE amounts of money, played players out of position (including Friend incidentally) - and didnt get results.

Whether that's a reason to berate him is another matter - thisnis a different club and situation - but we're not too dissimilar in terms of underperforming big clubs with fans who remember far better times.

It’s certainly true that in the match at Boro local opinion was still criticising him for the money he had wasted. The commentator remarked upon it.