Boro legend G Friend was frozen out by Toxic Monk

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos and Monk both tried to do the right thing and rid this club of toxic influences within our squad

Both have been hounded about it 

So we replace the manager again and the same toxic players sit back on their mighty wage packets laughing at it all

That’s how I see it

Me too.

The players were a problem long before Monk came in.

That said, Monk would be the first to admit, his part isn't going well either.

Make no mistake, Garry Monk is not loved by Boro fans.

Wasted HUGE amounts of money, played players out of position (including Friend incidentally) - and didnt get results.

Whether that's a reason to berate him is another matter - thisnis a different club and situation - but we're not too dissimilar in terms of underperforming big clubs with fans who remember far better times.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Jos and Monk both tried to do the right thing and rid this club of toxic influences within our squad

Both have been hounded about it 

So we replace the manager again and the same toxic players sit back on their mighty wage packets laughing at it all

That’s how I see it

You think Hutchinson and Westwood sit back and laugh? We have had a few players who have taken the p**s in terms of the effort and commitment they put in but I think it is harsh to label these two with that.

Steve Bruce was widely seen as the best manager we have appointed in many a year - he was so impressed with Westwood that he urged the club to offer him a new contract and he had Hutchinson involved regularly.

Westwood has stated that Monk has told him he does not feature in his plans and has had to accept that.

Hutchinson played well in the cup win at QPR and hasn't been since. In answering questions on this Monk told us that he knows what a successful dressing room looks like and he has sent Hutchinson off to academy team training for the benefit of the team.

Since making this move we have played 8, won 1, drawn 3, lost 4. All against sides below us in the division, the vast majority with spineless performances that have been embarrassing to watch.

That's how I see it.

24 minutes ago, 0114 said:

In Garry Monks entire time at Middlesbrough he never once left George Friend out of the match day squad. 

Impressive stuff last week, George Friend, now get your boots on and go out and play like I’ve frozen you out.

George Friend

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You think Hutchinson and Westwood sit back and laugh? We have had a few players who have taken the p**s in terms of the effort and commitment they put in but I think it is harsh to label these two with that.

Steve Bruce was widely seen as the best manager we have appointed in many a year - he was so impressed with Westwood that he urged the club to offer him a new contract and he had Hutchinson involved regularly.

Westwood has stated that Monk has told him he does not feature in his plans and has had to accept that.

Hutchinson played well in the cup win at QPR and hasn't been since. In answering questions on this Monk told us that he knows what a successful dressing room looks like and he has sent Hutchinson off to academy team training for the benefit of the team.

Since making this move we have played 8, won 1, drawn 3, lost 4. All against sides below us in the division, the vast majority with spineless performances that have been embarrassing to watch.

That's how I see it.

He dropped them for very series reasons.

It wasn't a random act.

They are quite rightly done at the club.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Me too.

The players were a problem long before Monk came in.

That said, Monk would be the first to admit, his part isn't going well either.

He's held his hands up a few times in recent interviews and sounds more than aware that he won't be here next season unless results improve, but how can any manager hope to overcome the kind of individual and quite frankly unprofessional errors which are hamstringing us so severely at the moment?

The second and third goals yesterday weren't the result of a tactical mistake or some fantastic play by Derby; they came from individual players gifting possession to them in our own half with the kind of slapdash play you'd get hammered for on a Sunday League pitch.

Monk's reaction to our poor form hasn't been convincing, but it feels like he's swimming against the tide with the way the players are letting him down time after time.

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He dropped them for very series reasons.

It wasn't a random act.

They are quite rightly done at the club.

What are these serious reasons?

If they were serious breaches of discipline then he should state this and the club should terminate their contracts.

He removed Hutchinson in an apparent attempt to improve dressing room morale. I can see with my own eyes that clearly hasn't worked, unless of course you have enjoyed the last 8 games where we have been outplayed by teams in the bottom 6.

36 minutes ago, 0114 said:

In Garry Monks entire time at Middlesbrough he never once left George Friend out of the match day squad. 

Screenshot_20200301-101344_Chrome.thumb.jpg.70c038c0719dcd64bfe8680c9b180a0b.jpg

42 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

George Friend started his professional career at Exeter City in 2015.  After a short spell at Wolves he joined Middlesborough in 2012.

Since that date he has become something of a legend at the Riverside.

That was until Toxic Monk arrived who froze him out almost immediately.

However the Boro players stood firm against the Manager and Toxic Monk was fired by the owner in response just before Xmas 2017.

As a footnote Geoeorge Friend played every single minute of the rest of the season undere ne manager Tony Pulis as the team qualified for the Championship Play Off's.

Sound familiar behaviour by Toxic Monk?

They've done brilliantly since he left.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's held his hands up a few times in recent interviews and sounds more than aware that he won't be here next season unless results improve, but how can any manager hope to overcome the kind of individual and quite frankly unprofessional errors which are hamstringing us so severely at the moment?

The second and third goals yesterday weren't the result of a tactical mistake or some fantastic play by Derby; they came from individual players gifting possession to them in our own half with the kind of slapdash play you'd get hammered for on a Sunday League pitch.

Monk's reaction to our poor form hasn't been convincing, but it feels like he's swimming against the tide with the way the players are letting him down time after time.

His tactics are letting him down.

We stood off Derby from kick-off, as we have done so many times at home this season and they took advantage. Yes we made individual errors but the approach is regularly wrong from the start, I can't remember a manger who has abandoned his approach at half-time so often because what he set out with hasn't worked.

We've scored 4 first half goals at home all season and 2 of those those came in the 3 games that Bullen took charge of.